Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man how old is Taranto? Seems a hell of an effort.
I always though he would be a mega-star, but he's weirdly flown under the radar.

But that's GWS story. They just shed players like Shiel and shrug it off, because the next early pick or academy kid will be as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like throwing up after I read this in the HS.
The hypocrisy is unbelievable.
FMD.

Geelong reluctant to trade with West Coast amid fears Tim Kelly could be missing piece to Eagles’ premiership

“All of us are very reluctant for Tim to go at all, but for him to end up at a fierce rival like West Coast Eagles …” Cats list boss Stephen Wells said last week.

Imagine if the Kelly trade costs Ablett’s Cats a flag next season, because they come up against an Eagles midfield boasting Kelly, Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Elliot Yeo and Nic Naitanui in September?
It’s a long shot, but you don’t often see superstars traded from one contender to another.

Former Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara said refusing a trade would be “pig-headed” as the Cats needed to maximise their return.

He also said it was now up to Geelong to aid Freo’s sell.

“Geelong will help them do that, I would’ve thought. Clubs will help other clubs get a deal done if it’s in their best interest,” Buckenara said yesterday.

“Fremantle have got to sell their club with Nat Fyfe and (new coach Justin) Longmuir and wrap their arms around Tim Kelly.

“Whatever outside help West Coast has offered for your kids and your family, we’ll do the same and more for you. Sell belief that you’re on the right track and will play finals.

“Geelong needs to convince Kelly to do the right thing by us, because we’ve done the right thing by you.”

FMD.

Geelong reluctant to trade with West Coast amid fears Tim Kelly could be missing piece to Eagles’ premiership

“All of us are very reluctant for Tim to go at all, but for him to end up at a fierce rival like West Coast Eagles …” Cats list boss Stephen Wells said last week.

Imagine if the Kelly trade costs Ablett’s Cats a flag next season, because they come up against an Eagles midfield boasting Kelly, Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Elliot Yeo and Nic Naitanui in September?
It’s a long shot, but you don’t often see superstars traded from one contender to another.

Former Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara said refusing a trade would be “pig-headed” as the Cats needed to maximise their return.

“Geelong will help them do that, I would’ve thought. Clubs will help other clubs get a deal done if it’s in their best interest,” Buckenara said yesterday.

“Fremantle have got to sell their club with Nat Fyfe and (new coach Justin) Longmuir and wrap their arms around Tim Kelly.

“Whatever outside help West Coast has offered for your kids and your family, we’ll do the same and more for you. Sell belief that you’re on the right track and will play finals.

“Geelong needs to convince Kelly to do the right thing by us, because we’ve done the right thing by you.”

Its baffling. Telling that the only example they can come up with is the decade-old proposed trade of Josh Hill from the Bulldogs to Hawthorn (which I can’t even remember as a trade that fell through, to be honest).

Did beaten Grand Finalists Sydney refuse to deal with Hawthorn, who like us were a defending premier who had bowed out in the semi finals, over Tom Mitchell because they were worried about strengthening a fellow perennial contender? No, they took their lumps and accepted pick 14 and change because that’s all Hawthorn could give them.

If Petruccelli can get his kicking sorted, this would be what he should aim to emulate.

Thanks for posting that news story.
Good times...

FMD.

I can't recall ever seeing a club state publicly that they were reticent to trade a player to another team because of their premiership status. It's ludicrous and makes them look provincial, vindictive and idiotic. This will come back to bite them, no question.

I can't recall ever seeing a club state publicly that they were reticent to trade a player to another team because of their premiership status. It's ludicrous and makes them look provincial, vindictive and idiotic. This will come back to bite them, no question.
Thats geelong - makes you glad they dont get home finals

FMD.

“Imagine if the Kelly trade costs Ablett’s Cats a flag next season, because they come up against an Eagles midfield boasting Kelly, Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Elliot Yeo and Nic Naitanui in September?

It's not going to be Kelly that costs them another flag, it's going to be carrying Ablett & Dahlhaus on forward flanks when they have absolutely no desire to run both ways and as a result just stand there with their hands on their hips watching someone like Houli cut them to bits. Would be unbearable seeing them from the defenders POV playing at geelong.

Last edited:
“They’re going to have (Andrew) Gaff, (Luke) Shuey, (Elliot) Yeo and now Kelly running around.

“It’s an awesome midfield and puts real threat to your Richmond three-peat almost instantly.”

Richmond three-peat.. ?? LOL

I feel sorry for Tony Notte every time this stuff comes up. He was a bloody good footballer. It’s not his fault his genetics stopped him from getting to a competitive weight.

I thought the story was he didn't want to put effort into doing weights sessions, etc. Not sure if that was just a rumour or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back