If it were you, would you trade Anthony for Tarrant?

Should we trade Anthony for Tarrant?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

coopernewf

Debutant
Aug 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
What do you think specifically about this trade option?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103655/default.aspx

IMO, Anthony at 22 provides a much better and longer term option for us. Who's to say Tarrant will even get a game with us? Look at how many seniors we already have on the bench (including young ones like Anthony also).

Honestly, if we are to trade Anthony we ought to do it for someone a bit younger that we can work on and will have for many years to come.

What do you lot think?

In no way, shape or form would I even listen to a proposal for a straight swap. Tarrant + a pick would be heading there but I'd be wanting their first pick.

JA kicked 50 goals last year. Tarrant's best output for us was what? 55? JA provides serious long term options at both ends of the ground while Tarrant realistically provides 1-2 years at best and thats if he doesn't have reoccuring injuries.

If Jack wanted out, we'd trade him, but for Tarrant I'd be pretty angry.

Nope. As good as a player as Tarrant was/is, realistically he only has maybe 2 years left in him, and is only 1 injury away from retirement!
Anthony has 8 or more years in him and has more currency then Tarrant because of that. Plus a pick maybe, otherwise Jack can go and make a name for himself at the GC where hed get given opportunities.
You dont want to be upsetting your young guys. Especially when teams like GC and GWS have extra $$. If Tarrant comes into the side, Reid or N. Brown goes out(assuming Presti retires).
IMHO bad move.

I want Taz back, but I don't want to lose Anthony. I'm sticking by Jack.

I still think he's a better defender than he's given credit for, and at the very least we know he can play at both ends.

He just needs to lift his work rate, and be more selfless.

As others have mentioned no. Tarrant would be great if we could get him in a trade but he wouldn't want to cost us much. As others have mentioned JA is still very long with a large upside and long future where as Tarrant is injury prone and on the way out.

If JA was absolutely wanting out you would want to try and manage a trade in which we got a similar player in return, a promising KPP with a good scope for improvement who would be fringe 22 and good depth. Tarrant is a better player now but is as mentioned also on the wrong end age wise with a pretty long injury record nowdays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a silly move. If this deal does happen, wouldn't you be hoping that we get another pick on top? Surely that'd be a much fairer deal!

Isn't Medders from WA also? Surprised he's been de-listed, as I would have figured a trade between him and Taz to be a bit fairer.

Such a silly move. If this deal does happen, wouldn't you be hoping that we get another pick on top? Surely that'd be a much fairer deal!

Isn't Medders from WA also? Surprised he's been de-listed, as I would have figured a trade between him and Taz to be a bit fairer.

He wasn't delisted. He retired because he wanted to travel I believe. We had offerred him a one year contract for next year if he wanted it.

No. We have arguably the best back six in the comp at the moment. Tarrant would fit nowhere in that lineup short- or long-term. Even if he did he would be starving Reid or Brown of opportunities.

Given the way Brown and Reid handled themselves over the last fortnight Tarrant would probably be playing VFL for his remaining years.

Anthony, eh. We'd get more out of him. At least there's hope of him slotting back into the forward line in the short-term.

I'd go for a Pavlich trade but Tarrant? They can keep him. Anthony will last alot longer than that piece of $#!^.

So we get (approximately) a 30-year-old for a 22-year-old, so that he can stifle the development of 2 premiership KPPs. Hmmmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

If it were you, would you trade Anthony for Tarrant?

Back