If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dizzy :hearts:

Has had a long coaching career, longer than Langers, with tons of experience in England.

Would not care who they got in, just need some "decent"(worth looking up the meaning of the word decent to) leadership, and if they can instil the no d!ckheads policy from top to bottom, it can only be good. And that edict has to come from the very top (whoever the new CEO will be) and lived every time they put on the baggy green. This is a real opportunity to change the image and perception of Aussie cricket.

JL has the best credentials and a proven track record of developing talented and fair players, sometimes from a low place in their lives. Ponting could take a part-time role as I suspect he'd still prefer to be coaching his own side.

Chris Rogers as an assistant at least. This team needs a thorough clean out. A new memorandum with all new back staff and an international head coach who isn’t Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Rogers as an assistant at least. This team needs a thorough clean out. A new memorandum with all new back staff and an international head coach who isn’t Australian.
Good shout but can't see it happening

Gillespie hasn't helped his chances, Smith has done wrong but I wouldn't pot them if I was wanting to coach the nation

Langer the most logical choice.

Can see Lehmann walking from the post, wasn't he going to call it quits after the world cup next year anyway? I know this coming winter is pretty light on in terms of the schedule, but hard to see him being keen to stick around through the volumes of press and investigations to come.

Hard to say.

Justin Langer has turned around a hitherto dysfunctional Warriors squad. However, he comes off as a little too earnest and eager to ingratiate himself to his allies.

Ricky Ponting seems to be quite an astute commentator and analyst. At the tactical level he was overly reactive as a Test captain, but that should be less of a problem as a coach - plus he doesn't have Nielsen/Cooley to let him down.

Jason Gillespie is highly regarded, but from what I've heard not on the best terms with CA.

I'd normally want to have a look at the Sheffield Shield winning coach, but neither Seccombe nor Griffith are overly experienced coaches.

Internationally, Gary Kirsten and Anil Kumble may be worth looking at, though the same cultural and organisational issues that eventually ended Mickey Arthur's tenure could easily swallow them up.

I reckon with this younger lot an international coach would be fine, and those who have been around Arthur will have learned.

Get Michael Atherton from Eng :p

Back