IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I don't know what to think. :(

Eagles fans coming to grips with being able to show confidence in their team are getting a bit overzealous. We've spent 25 weeks saying that we're about a week or an injury away from disaster, and now we're hosting a prelim. Remarkable really.

We as a collective Quinz. ;)

I'll tip in here, as I have been saying it for a while, and this is not because I don't like West Coast, more of an opinion, so try and be mature about your response unlike some others.

I think West Coast are a bit overrated because they are a very young side, they have not got the finals experience that North Melbourne does, and at some point I think their ultra adaptable backline can be exposed. Supporters and commentators are not giving North enough of a chance here, they did roll West Coast at this ground earlier in the year I believe, and as Clarkson did say 'A ground is a ground as long as it has grass and 2 sets of goal posts'. Now I know the standard response will be 'Well look where that got Hawthorn', but it is true, and I do believe Scott will come in with the same mantra.

North Melbourne need to exploit the 2 potential Eagles weaknesses, the backline and lack of experience. How do they do this? Well getting off to a really good start is critical, and silencing the crowd and giving them an uneasy feeling will go a long way to killing the buzz. Making the Eagles work is the key, so North need to really draw on their experience and take off from the front foot. Stretching the Eagles backline to old fashioned one on one contests is critical, I back Waite, Petrie, Brown, Harvey, Thomas, and Higgins in that forward line to beat their opponents when in a one on one contest. Goldstein will need to play out of his skin and be taking lots of marks through the centre on the Eagles rebound, and Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow, and Dal Santo will have to be clearance machines as will as hitting targets in one go. Jacobs will also need to take an important Eagles midfielder out of the game, probably Shuey.
In hobart*

Because you couldn't beat the worst team in the final 8 earlier in the year.

Yep, like that game in North Antarctica has any relevance at all. Cyclonic conditions and a dodgy cheating act by Harvey gifted Norths a goal in the last. Yep that was clearly the defining game for the Eagles and Norths this season.:confused::cool:

Any other KPI's you'd like to raise with us?

Yep, like that game in North Antarctica has any relevance at all. Cyclonic conditions and a dodgy cheating act by Harvey gifted Norths a goal in the last. Yep that was clearly the defining game for the Eagles and Norths this season.:confused::cool:

A nothing game but I can't believe your supporters sooking about the weather after all the crap you give Scott. Maybe you could build a roof? :drunk:

Maybe you guys would like to play with the roof shut.

Pretty ironic, considering you lot like to hang it on Scott for whinging.

A nothing game but I can't believe your supporters sooking about the weather after all the crap you give Scott. Maybe you could build a roof? :drunk:

Funny - i seem to remember a final flogging we dished out where the heat was used as an excuse - can anyone remember which team that was?

You are aware that perth is a lot warmer than melbs throughout the year? You are aware that different folk who live in different climates adapt to those climates - and struggle when say.... Placed in one substantially colder or warmer than they are used to
Mmmmyeah??

Funny - i seem to remember a final flogging we dished out where the heat was used as an excuse - can anyone remember which team that was?

You are aware that perth is a lot warmer than melbs throughout the year? You are aware that different folk who live in different climates adapt to those climates - and struggle when say.... Placed in one substantially colder or warmer than they are used to
Mmmmyeah??
Yeah, and?

Yep, missing too many key players in the end, the side just wasn't switched on. Very little support for Josh P. Kennedy and Daniel Huckleberry, they were lacking a lot of drive out of the middle and the forward line was threadbare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not blaming the weather at all just saying it's not a game that means not a whole lot at all. The ball was being kicked and ended up behind where it started from. It was literally doing right angle turns and going backwards.

In other words the game and the bounce of the ball was severely compromised by the elements. A lucky bounce here and unlucky gust of wind there did effect the result.

How do you coach and apply tactics or structures with weather like that. It meant the game was a shambles and meant absolutely nothing as to how the teams match up against each other or who is structurally better than the other. One team snagged a win, it could have gone either way.

But if Norths fans want to base their whole season on that win knock yourselves out.

You guys keep bringing that game up.... maybe you should be the ones to get over it.

Both Scott brothers love to whinge it's just how the are same as when they were playing.

You quoted an eagles supporter bringing up a time your team blamed the weather for a loss

Actually, Brad Scott specifically said that the loss was in no way the fault of the roof being open, just that it was an annoyance for everyone. Nice try though.

This isn't about Richmond, we didn't win so dont get the chance. I just think the Kangas will get smashed this week, Eagles far to good all over the park.

Well at least we are playing this week unlike 14 other teams...
We might get smashed? Maybe but i've been hearing that the last two weeks as well.
No one ever gives us a chance.
Richmond were supposed to win by 10 goals + due to their extra midfield class according to experts.
The depleted Swans still had plenty to roll us by at least 5 goals according to experts.

So since everyone has been wrong so far, i wouldn't be surprised if it's much closer than everyone expects.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back