If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos34

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My vote goes for Brett Kirk even though Cornes did the job in the grand final. Sydney has always been a team Black has never peformed at his best in recent times because Kirk has done superb defensive jobs on him. He has tackled ferociosly, limited his hard ball gets and handball gives. Black is still the best player in the league but Kirk has always done the job on him.

I agree with Funky. Riccuito playing directly on Black would be a ripper but i reckon Riccuito would have done more damage at the end of the day. Pure speculation on my part however as I rarely take much interest in Adelaide v Brisbane games.

Roos34 said:
My vote goes for Brett Kirk even though Cornes did the job in the grand final. Sydney has always been a team Black has never peformed at his best in recent times because Kirk has done superb defensive jobs on him. He has tackled ferociosly, limited his hard ball gets and handball gives. Black is still the best player in the league but Kirk has always done the job on him.

Ling always beats him

Kirk or Ling or possibly K Cornes, who showed us all in the GF what he could do. I would take Kirk over the other two because he is established as the best tagger and tackler in the competition.

Kane Cornes is really the obvious one, having done so on the biggest stage*.

*This phrase on loan from the Victorian Supporters Of Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, Judd is streaks ahead of black and anyone else and the man who does the job on him consistently dare I say is C Ling....

I call him Cunny Ling-us but he gets the job done....

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why everyone is just accepting the Black is the best midfielder in the game.

Judd > Black
Hird > Black
Buckley > Black
Ricciuto > Black

Hell...

Voss > Black
Akermanis > Black

But if you're asking who the best tagger in the game is, I think there are three names that stand out, and they are:

Kane Cornes
Brett Kirk
Tyson Stenglein

I'd rate them all about evenly.

Re: If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop

tess said:
Black the best Midfielder?
Have you forgotten about a man called Nathan Buckley!
:D That is a hilarious post :D
Thanks for the laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back