If we get Seaby/Charman/Warnock. Where will that leave Patto

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 5, 2007
Bris....Bane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
With Simmo there, Will Pattison still get a game?

Can he play another Position?

I am a big fan of him, plays with a lot of heart....but with two ruckman, he might not make it into the 22.

Im not a fan of playing simmo forward, he is to old and would rather a youngster plays in that position....

What do you think?

CHF is all hizzzzz

:)

3 monsters playing simmo seaby and patto

and plus patto can take a decent mark and has a pretty good set shot....
ummm but once simmo leaves patto can go back to number two or be a really good forward and have gus as the second ruck...
he'll be right he'll still get a game

do you ever get to a game of footy much... patto has good hands and can kick the ball staright
Actually do you ever get to a game of footy? Patto cannot kick, especially in front of goals and his dukes are ok. Nothing special though. To be honest don't think he'll make it, he's not tall enough to play as our #1 ruckman and is not quick enough to play as a centre half forward, wouldn't rely on him as a stay at home Full Forward either.

what are you people talking about ??

simmo is 30odd .. he has 1 more season left AT BEST ..
he is not our next premiership ruckman

Seaby/Pattison :thumbsu:

Patto tries hard, but he is neither a good ruck or a good forward. I dont really see much future and it would be better to concentrate on developing graham or putt and delist patto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmonds is undersized and has 1 maybe 2 years left.

Cartledge is a stop gap, but will only ever be a good VFL player. Will probably be delisted.

Pattison is not a ruckman, and is not agile enough to play forward. His only saving grace, his marking ability, was very ordinary this year. If we doesn't have that, he has no use to us. We should trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone like Sydney might be keen.

Graham had a shocking year and was outmarked by players half his size at Coburg. They gave him a contract, which suprised me a lot, so we are stuck with him. I feel there is no point persisiting.

Putt will have to be developed into a ruckman, but he will probably only make a 2nd ruck position, and push forward at times.

That leaves us with one ruckman going forward. We need to rookie another 1 and take a ruckman in the national draft. We will be forced to trade for a stop gap measure. Seaby is probably our best bet, but trading our second rounder will hurt a lot.

Best case scenario:
Trade Pattison for a 2nd rounder and trade it to WC for Seaby. Take Vickery at pick 8, and another ruckman in the rookie draft. So next year our list of ruckman could be:

Simmonds 196cm 31 yrs old
Seaby 200cm 25 yrs old
Graham 200cm 22 yrs old
Putt 203cm 20 yrs old
Vickery 200cm 18 yrs old
Rookie 200+cm 18-20 yrs old

If we can pull this off I feel our rucks will go from pathetic to looking quite balanced and deep.

Simmonds is undersized and has 1 maybe 2 years left.

Cartledge is a stop gap, but will only ever be a good VFL player. Will probably be delisted.

Pattison is not a ruckman, and is not agile enough to play forward. His only saving grace, his marking ability, was very ordinary this year. If we doesn't have that, he has no use to us. We should trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone like Sydney might be keen.

Graham had a shocking year and was outmarked by players half his size at Coburg. They gave him a contract, which suprised me a lot, so we are stuck with him. I feel there is no point persisiting.

Putt will have to be developed into a ruckman, but he will probably only make a 2nd ruck position, and push forward at times.

That leaves us with one ruckman going forward. We need to rookie another 1 and take a ruckman in the national draft. We will be forced to trade for a stop gap measure. Seaby is probably our best bet, but trading our second rounder will hurt a lot.

Best case scenario:
Trade Pattison for a 2nd rounder and trade it to WC for Seaby. Take Vickery at pick 8, and another ruckman in the rookie draft. So next year our list of ruckman could be:

Simmonds 196cm 31 yrs old
Seaby 200cm 25 yrs old
Graham 200cm 22 yrs old
Putt 203cm 20 yrs old
Vickery 200cm 18 yrs old
Rookie 200+cm 18-20 yrs old

If we can pull this off I feel our rucks will go from pathetic to looking quite balanced and deep.

Love Patto and his ticker but I agree with BF's assessment - this a ruthless sport now and we need to make tough decisions to try and generate success.

I just don't see Patto in our best 22 if we are contesting a GF. Reminds me of Kozi - not a good enough ruckman and not a good enough forward. Getting Seaby fills a huge hole in our list and at least gives us some balance. Mind you if we give up our 2nd rounder Seaby won't be coming cheap.

I honesty believe Patto is better thank seaby. Why would we trade away somoeone when the replacement is lucky be on the equal playing field if lucky and a few yrs older. just because seaby played in a flag doesnt make him anything special

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get Seaby/Charman/Warnock. Where will that leave Patto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back