If you could pick one guaranteed win in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood on QB is generally the one but this year is equal with Carlton, once again to see McLean's face when Moloney on Jones get onto him

Hawthorn? 08 GF, and only beat them by a point last time.

Beating Hawhtorn in a regular season game doesn't mean anything, it would be nice of course and mean we are doing well in the season. But in my opinion we have to beat them in a Grand Final or at least a elimination final for it to mean anything in terms of the reason behind wanting to win.

Seeing as the op stated that Finals are out of the situation I chose St Kilda as the term I would most like an guaranteed win over in 2010 for the reasons previously stated.

Beating Hawhtorn in a regular season game doesn't mean anything, it would be nice of course and mean we are doing well in the season. But in my opinion we have to beat them in a Grand Final or at least a elimination final for it to mean anything in terms of the reason behind wanting to win.

Best of luck with that- you're gonna need it. :D

Epic lulz.

However I wouldn't nominate Hawthorn or Carlton, as we'll probably keep beating them regardless. I nominate Geelong, as it would mean you must be playing great footy

Yep, thought about that. But this is one guaranteed win. It has no bearing on the rest of the season. I'll back our continued development in terms of players and game style to hopefully win us games against top quality sides like Geelong and St Kilda etc.

As a hypothetical, beating Geelong once and making finals would be an impressive effort (or an impossible effort for us if you listen to BF). On the other hand losing to Geelong, but beating Carlton twice and still making the finals would be hi-lari-ous. Even if I use my freebie on RT, there is no reason we can't improve next year.

For my money, it would be Geelong, anywhere but especially at Skilled. Good side and they have a good record against us, so getting one back would just be ideal for me.

Alternatively, beating Sydney at the SCG. Cant remember when we won there last but my preference would be a win against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawthorn obsession continues.

Geelong in Round 1 would be a fantastic victory, get the boys confidence up for the year.

Adelaide in round 1 at Subi. We suffered one of the most humiliating losses imaginable against them last year and beating them to start the season, with a pretty tough first 5 games, would be a cracking way to start the season as well as helping to ease the pain of that pantsing.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could pick one guaranteed win in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back