If you're going to abuse a telemarketer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate if my name was Sachin I would've just rung into India and dominated.

They were good times.

Also lol at people going 8 years back in my posting history to have goes at me. Imagine having so little in your life. Sad really.
Imagine someone bragging about their income but still living at home.

It's sad really.

Who does that? The only people I know who lived at home after it became normal didn't have the money to move out. So if you were earning 90k and still living at home, well you're either lying about your income or very, very odd.
Yep. If you have been earning 90k+ a year for 8 years and have lived at home with Mummy you really should have managed to save up a deposit for a house quite easily.
I'd mention that it must be annoying having to bring women home and tell them to be quiet so they don't wake your mum up, but I don't think that would be an issue for the sort of people being discussed here.

I almost never got abused, which seemed odd. I did it for what, 2 years? And yeah, I could count the amount of times I actually got yelled at on one hand. Was certainly different to the norm of others.

Must be my winning personality.

I'm thinking more thick skin and ability to handle rejection, what say you Silent Alarm

I just tell them i'm not interested and hang the phone up.
What annoys me more is being waved down/stopped in shopping centres.
I've learnt not to make eye contact with them and I can generally walk on by without being asked about some random crap I don't care about.

So ManWithNoName I'm curious about what happens when you get one of the spam callers to melt and call you back leaving a 30 second message of abuse?

Still have the recording. 30 seconds of "f**k you, f**k you, f**k you..." in broken English.

Common practice to see call centre meltdowns?

It's ultimately a shit job and anyone who treats people in these shit positions like shit, is usually a bored housewife or some fat entitled flog. Or a wog.

People who scam you calling up asking for your Microsoft ID or something – totally different.

Yep. If you have been earning 90k+ a year for 8 years and have lived at home with Mummy you really should have managed to save up a deposit for a house quite easily.
I agree, I've been on roughly 50k (averaged) for the last 2.5 years and I saved up 36k and i pay board of $500 per fortnight + bills and I've paid 10k off my HECs. Sometimes, there is just no excuse IMO.

I'm on 55k-60k (depending on bonuses) so it'll be a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I've been on roughly 50k (averaged) for the last 2.5 years and I saved up 36k and i pay board of $500 per fortnight + bills and I've paid 10k off my HECs. Sometimes, there is just no excuse IMO.

I'm on 55k-60k (depending on bonuses) so it'll be a bit more.

$250 per week rent and bills on top? Kind of defeats the purpose of living with your parents, you're supposed to get a discount for having to live with them.

$250 per week rent and bills on top? Kind of defeats the purpose of living with your parents, you're supposed to get a discount for having to live with them.
its pretty cheap in WA though but you're from WA too XD.

The main discount is that I don't pay food shopping :(.

It's ultimately a shit job and anyone who treats people in these shit positions like shit, is usually a bored housewife or some fat entitled flog. Or a wog.

Matt Taberner has the shit job of trying to play KF at Freo, how do you treat him.

I almost never got abused, which seemed odd. I did it for what, 2 years? And yeah, I could count the amount of times I actually got yelled at on one hand. Was certainly different to the norm of others.

Must be my winning personality.

i was incredibly nervous doing the job. didnt get yelled at either. they probably felt sorry for me. i followed the script to a tee, threw in some "been a long day, yeah" and other conversation starters. although that was over 10 years ago. couldnt imagine working in that role for more than a summer, would do anyone's head in. how the hell are you surviving there???? must need therapy to get by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back