If you're going to abuse a telemarketer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably the wrong person to call up though, I don't buy things unless I identify a need for them. I would probably buy $500 of non-food items in a year including books, clothing etc and not much else.

poster.jpg

;)

I'm now a bit over a month into my Telemarketing job. I'm actually quite enjoying it. Have met some awesome people there and the job is ok.

You get a heap of ____ stains who try and get free shit out of you. I'm pretty lucky my boss doesn't mind if we give some lip back to the people on the line.

The thing is when you make so many calls, you realise just how nutty this country it. We seriously have some very very weird people.

Had one bloke the other day proclaiming that i offered him a discount card for free... Quite funny considering we don't even offer those. Said he taped our conversation and wants his card.

You realise that he probably succeeds in getting free stuff sometimes so he keeps trying it out on anyone he gets on the phone. He sounds like a telemarketer himself.

OK. I'm usually pretty decent to telemarketers but today they have pissed me right off. I'm at home sick in bed and I've had to get up FOUR times to answer the phone and each time it's been a telemarketer. I can't leave the phone off the hook either because I'm expecting a call. Next telemarketer who calls can find themselves on the wrong end of an ear bashing.:thumbsdown:

Some guy just spent 5 minutes of his time explaining something to me, couldn't hear nor understnad what he was saying. Then he asks for my name and address and I start thinking he'll sign me up without me being able to say no. As I've pretty much just been listening to the footy and saying yep and mhmm every 15 seconds.

So then I say, 'mate Im not the adult of the house, I can't make any decisions' then he's like 'how old are you' and I say 17. Couple seconds silence and then he says 'bye' and hangs up.

Me 1
Telemarketers 0

:D

^ Lol, I've done that before!
The bloke is going on about something then goes "now, are you over the age of 18"..... me: "no"
"Can I speak to the adult of the house then"....... me: "no"
& he hangs up :p:D

The other day we got one just as we were sitting down for dinner 7 my dad answers the phone. Dad hate telemarketers so Dad was taking the piss outa this bloke saying "You're voice sounds like a girls voice...." "Are you sure you're not a girl???" :p:D The guy hung up...

We will just go on http://www.donotcall.com.au and add our phone numbers so that telemarketers like yourself don't annoy us.
/thread.

Disappointing that direct no-bs contributors like this bloke are ushered away and painted red.

Personally I believe telemarketers should answer calls and if people want to be cbf'd into garbage they can scroll down and punch themselves in the ear. That section of businesses basically holds lazy, unmotivated mediocre personal. You don't telemarket for 30 years and hang up the... Some spark and advance in the working world and a lot fall back to welfare - its almost doing the same thing for the same amount of money anyway (rule out commission for these always). Good on them for putting our taxes on standby till enough people saw they were employed on social media though

/thread.

Disappointing that direct no-bs contributors like this bloke are ushered away and painted red.

Personally I believe telemarketers should answer calls and if people want to be cbf'd into garbage they can scroll down and punch themselves in the ear. That section of businesses basically holds lazy, unmotivated mediocre personal. You don't telemarket for 30 years and hang up the... Some spark and advance in the working world and a lot fall back to welfare - its almost doing the same thing for the same amount of money anyway (rule out commission for these always). Good on them for putting our taxes on standby till enough people saw they were employed on social media though
LOL righto m8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've earnt $2000 this week and assuming I have a slightly-above-average day tomorrow I'll break the record for most sales nationally on the campaign I work on.

Yeah being a telemarketer's a really shit job...:D
Get back to me when Parking Inspectors earn what I'm earning for sitting around all day.

Earning the big bucks.
Surely this bloke is rolling in cash and living it large in his big house he bought with all the money he earnt sitting around on his backside?
Anyone earning this much money couldn't possibly still be living at home could they?

Would have thought telemarketing was a dying industry considering how few people use landlines now.

I would imagine most people are like me and only answer calls on their mobile from people they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back