If you're going to abuse a telemarketer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I work as one (Shut up) and if you're going to abuse me then don't give me Seinfeld. I'll fire back with more Seinfeld before you can blink. So at least give me something original or just hang up and save us both some time.

Can I do the 12th Man thing with Richie and Ma...I mean Mike?

Can't he....cutt...o...a bi...*Click*

?? :p

Yes I work as one (Shut up) and if you're going to abuse me then don't give me Seinfeld. I'll fire back with more Seinfeld before you can blink. So at least give me something original or just hang up and save us both some time.

so your Indian............

You could politely ask the telemarketer to hold, put the phone on the bench, go to the toilet, clean your bedroom, hang the washing, have a shower, and then see if they are still on the line.

You could politely ask the telemarketer to hold, put the phone on the bench, go to the toilet, clean your bedroom, hang the washing, have a shower, and then see if they are still on the line.
If I get told to hang on I'll hang up instantly 90% of the time.

If I get told to hang on I'll hang up instantly 90% of the time.

Just out of interest, do you reckon you could give a percentage to the amount of times the following happens:

a) Person co-operates, and buys your product/service.
b) Person co-operates, but politely declines your offer.
c) Person instantly hangs up without saying a word.
d) Person gets frustrated and abuses you.
e) Other - any interesting things people have said/done.

Well how about get ****ed and get a real job?

Does anyone buy your shit anyway?

Well how about get ****ed and get a real job?

Does anyone buy your shit anyway?
I get paid to do a job. It is a real job. HTFU.

It's Green Power at no extra cost and with no lock in contract. Out of all the things telemarketers sell it's actually not half bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standard answer for me is sorry not interested then hang up. No point trying to be a smartarse, they are just trying to do a job but they are wasting both mine and their time calling me, I don't care what you're selling but I won't be buying it.

What's the catch?
No catch. All you're really doing is just requesting that your power be produced through Green methods instead of Coal burning. Nothing changes at your house or anything.

I get paid to do a job. It is a real job. HTFU.

It's Green Power at no extra cost and with no lock in contract. Out of all the things telemarketers sell it's actually not half bad.
Great. Advertise and don't call me during dinner.

Easy.

A) I'm not.
B) If you're going to call someone Indian, best to do so using proper grammar :p
no, just a low life!

Last time I had one call I had the girl in tears saying "I'm just doing my job"

She had a offer of a free phone, at $49 a month on a cap.

I said "oh free phone, awesome send it to my address, I can use a second phone, cool for nothing"

she went on to say "ok, you pay $49 now"

I said "no you said you are giving me a free phone, that means I pay nothing ever, thats what free means"

This went on for about 10 minutes while I had everyone at work laughing.

in the end I looked up the word free and starting quoting that.

Great. Advertise and don't call me during dinner.

Easy.
A) Telemarketing is more effective than any form of advertising.
B) If your number comes up on my screen I call you. Simple.
no, just a low life!

I said "oh free phone, awesome send it to my address, I can use a second phone, cool for nothing"

I said "no you said you are giving me a free phone, that means I pay nothing ever, thats what free means"

You must feel tough having a go at some girl doing her job.

no, just a low life!

You must feel tough having a go at some girl doing her job.

Yeah. You are way too cool the_fresh. Insulting a girl over the PHONE, doing her job. I bet you wouldn't act like such a tough guy face to face. And even if you did, you're still a tool. It's a job that someone has to do, if you don't like it, hang up.

Yeah. You are way too cool the_fresh. Insulting a girl over the PHONE, doing her job. I bet you wouldn't act like such a tough guy face to face. And even if you did, you're still a tool. It's a job that someone has to do, if you don't like it, hang up.
Everyone talks up having a go at telemarketers, so far I've been there two weeks averaging god knows how many calls a day, and only one person's had a decent go at me. And I had go right back as in the OP. People all say they abuse us, fact is they rarely if ever do.

What is the real point in abusing them? Its not like they will take you off a 'list' right there and then... The best thing to do is to politely decline and it will be over quick-smart... Getting into an argument only makes things go on longer when you are all claiming you are too busy to answer YOUR phone...

People act as if getting called by a telemarketer is the end of the world or something when its virtually a non-issue and can in fact be more beneficial than you may think (ala in regards to what MWNN is advertising)

Telemarketers are scum
i just put the phone on the bench and let them hang....
cant be bothered with talking to scum

only and i repeat the only people worse are those
scum working at vicroads

enjoy your "cool" job scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back