If you're going to abuse a telemarketer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually if it is an Australian I will at least listen to what they have to say and decline usually stating I don't have enough money to spend on that stuff.

But if it is an Indian I sometimes mess around with them, or just hang up immediately.

I just can't stand to think that someone from another Country is ringing my number trying to get me to buy usually overpriced stuff, and on top of that most of the stuff they try to flog is stuff I can't get out of in my current situation anyway.

At least work for an Aussie company where I know the funds I donate will go to Australians, not some greedy fat prick sitting on his throne.

Usually if it is an Australian I will at least listen to what they have to say and decline usually stating I don't have enough money to spend on that stuff.

But if it is an Indian I sometimes mess around with them, or just hang up immediately.

I just can't stand to think that someone from another Country is ringing my number trying to get me to buy usually overpriced stuff, and on top of that most of the stuff they try to flog is stuff I can't get out of in my current situation anyway.

At least work for an Aussie company where I know the funds I donate will go to Australians, not some greedy fat prick sitting on his throne.
Our call centre's based on Church St in Richmond and the company we're working for at present is Simply Energy, used to be called Energy Australia. So yes, we are Australian.

See you go with the Seinfeld comeback. At least be creative.

What? and make your job just that bit less monotonous? get stuffed, i'll do everything in my power to make you want to quit your job, I lead you along by asking alot of questions about the product and then proceed to agree and make you think that you have a sale only to pull out of it at the last minute as while i've been giving my detail to you I know you have been count6ing every cent that you think you've managed to get, only to let thatr slip away and hopefully make you angry about losing a sale at the last minute.

I don't even pay attention unless someone is genuinely interested (it's easy to tell the difference between genuine and fake interest). If someone doesn't sound interested, if I get a kid or an elderly person answering, if I get someone who can't speak english that great answering, I'll just hang up on them instantly. I can't be bothered wasting my time.

So why should people pay you respect?

As I said I get paid by the hour. You can talk as long as you want even if you're not going to buy, I still get paid. And paid quite well for a job that has good hours and lets me wear casual clothes.

What is your career ultimately going to be? Just out of interest, obviously this is just a temporary thing for you.

Also if someone said straight up they weren't interested but wanted to have a conversation, would you chat or move on to the next call?

No catch. All you're really doing is just requesting that your power be produced through Green methods instead of Coal burning. Nothing changes at your house or anything.

Well I suggest that the power companies just switch us all over to Green methods and be done with it.

Why waste our time?

I like messing with the Indian ones..

They take our leisure time... So I like to make it a leisurely phone call..

This one guy stands out..

He was asking me about the home I was living in.

I told him it was valued at about $2 million and I was paying it off etc. And he wanted to know all about my work and such.

I told him that I'd lost my job and couldn't find work and was going to lose my house.

I suggested he could get me a job with him since we are both in "melbourne".

He said he was India and I said thats ok... I would travel and could live with him...

etc. etc.

Went on for about 10 minutes..

It was fun.. :)

I've had a few good conversations..

What annoys me is when I am in a rush and politely say that I'm not interested they continue with trying to sell. Otherwise, I understand.. They're just doing their job.

lol do people really do the seinfeld routine?? That's a bit lame isn't it since everyone have heard it.

Had a telemarketer call today. She said, "Can I speak to the homeowner?". I replied, "That's me". She says, "Are you sure? You sound very young". Are you over 18?" I said "Yes, I'm sure. I'm actually in my 30s". She replies, "Oh, it's just that with school holidays I've been getting a lot of kids answer". :rolleyes:

I worked as a telemarketer for about three months. It was a bit easier as I was calling existing customers, usually small businesses, during business hours and asking them if they wanted to upgrade their service. Most customers were pretty happy to talk, even if it was to complain about their current service. I would not be able to do cold calling in the evening. I tried once and lasted an hour.

There is no need to be rude to telemarketers. Just politely say, "Sorry not interested". It wastes about 10 seconds of your time. Big deal.

What is your career ultimately going to be? Just out of interest, obviously this is just a temporary thing for you.

Also if someone said straight up they weren't interested but wanted to have a conversation, would you chat or move on to the next call?
Ultimate career? No clue. I'm content just going along earning a decent amount of cash doing a job I enjoy a fair bit.
Well I suggest that the power companies just switch us all over to Green methods and be done with it.

Why waste our time?
Don't know about that. Most companies charge extra for Green Power, the one I work for is one of the only ones that does it at the Standard Rates. Also it might be something the homeowner has to agree to and sign up to. Don't know for sure though.

One thing I don't get.

If you are trying to make a call but you need to do a bowel movement, do you continue the call or go to the toilet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone abuses me or just hangs up on me I mark them as "No Answer" so they get called back. Just because I can. If they say "Not Interested" I mark them as "Not Interested". Seems simple to me.

Again, if I get told to wait or if I'm fairly sure I'm not being listened too I'll just hang up. I can't be bothered wasting my time.

this is one reason why you're a tool. You don't want people wasting your time but have a hissy fit when someone hangs up on you thereby saving your time and you punish them

dropkick

this is one reason why you're a tool. You don't want people wasting your time but have a hissy fit when someone hangs up on you thereby saving your time and you punish them

dropkick
Where do I have a hissy fit? I do things out of spite all the time. I'm a vengeful, hate filled person. That's nothing.

When they ring me, as annoying as it is I am still polite. Even though they are a pain in the arse I am not going to be be rude to them they have a job to do.

A group of people who I put in the same category as telemarketers are the guys/girls that try and sell you raffle tickets at the footy.

I went to a Brisbane game with my mate one day and this chick was in her Brisbane jumper saying to support the Lions by buying a raffle ticket. We went and watched the Kanagroos that night and the same chick was dressed in a Roos jumper!!

Now, my mate and I always ask to see their membership before I buy any thing off them.

If someone doesn't sound interested, if I get a kid or an elderly person answering, if I get someone who can't speak english that great answering, I'll just hang up on them instantly. I can't be bothered wasting my time.
hehe - yet you are happy wasting theirs :D

There is no need to be rude to telemarketers. Just politely say, "Sorry not interested". It wastes about 10 seconds of your time. Big deal.
I can see why people do get annoyed and yell or try to play tricks. I get home some days with my wife annoyed as she'll be out in the back yard trying to do something and get a phone call, drop everything to get inside and answer only to find it is some Indian guy calling himself "Bruce O'Doherty" trying to sell mobile phones. Three or four times in one day.

MWNN whether you are selling a good product you are in the same industry as "Bruce O'Doherty" and are seen in the same light. Your industry is full of dodginess. Don't blame the person you are harassing on their home phone line. Blame the people in your industry for creating the perception.

I usually blurt out the old "thanks Im not interested" line and hang up, though I do get fairly pissed off when it is an Indian/Chinese and I cannot understand a single word they are saying so I just hang up. I dont abuse them though.

Manwithnoname why mark the ones that just hang up as no answer just so they can be called back, whats the difference between that and them saying "not interested"? They obviously arent interested.

Also whats the go with that National Telemarketing No Call register?? I thought that might have slowed business down a bit.

Everyone talks up having a go at telemarketers, so far I've been there two weeks averaging god knows how many calls a day, and only one person's had a decent go at me. And I had go right back as in the OP. People all say they abuse us, fact is they rarely if ever do.

Yeah. Ive been working in tele-sales for the past 5 months or so, doing warm calling, and im yet to have anyone have a serious go at me. ive had two people have a go at the people ive been calling on behalf of but not personally.

Abusing telemarketers is overrated.

What is the real point in abusing them? Its not like they will take you off a 'list' right there and then...

We do. We ask if they have a moment for a chat or if its a bad time. If they say take us off the list then we do.

I usually blurt out the old "thanks Im not interested" line and hang up, though I do get fairly pissed off when it is an Indian/Chinese and I cannot understand a single word they are saying so I just hang up. I dont abuse them though.

Manwithnoname why mark the ones that just hang up as no answer just so they can be called back, whats the difference between that and them saying "not interested"? They obviously arent interested.

Also whats the go with that National Telemarketing No Call register?? I thought that might have slowed business down a bit.
I think MWNN marks them down as 'no answer' out of spite, because they will get recalled :p

Got nothing to do with selling them the product anymore, all about spite...

EDIT - I am guessing a lot of people are too lazy to get their name onto it or don't know about it... Still would certainly be enough people to call around Australia...

I'm mean I like to have a little fun with them here some examples.

Call A.

Caller - is there a Mr Blog there
Me - No, but his wife is good in bed

Call B.

Caller - I'm selling a free phone
Me - No, thanks
Caller - What you don't want a free phone
Me - No, I'm happy paying

Call C

Caller - Is there a Mr Blog there
Me - No, gee it's a nice sunny day (the person sounded Indian and it was raining)
Caller - I don't know, when I last went out it was raining
Me - Well I have not seen a drop, where are you calling from
Caller - Melbourne
Me - O you sound like your in Mumbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back