I'm sick of the club and coach bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to take my daughter aside yesterday and tell her that "our football team is rubbish at the moment, but I promise you if they are still rubbish by the time you hit primary school, then you can choose your own team."

She starts school in 2 years.

I had to take my daughter aside yesterday and tell her that "our football team is rubbish at the moment, but I promise you if they are still rubbish by the time you hit primary school, then you can choose your own team."

Dangerous game Urmoe. My daughter is 5 and she is coming home at the moment wanting to go and watch Essendon with her mate. Essendon has apparently moved into being one of "her two teams" now. Two teams! Bloody hell, we better improve soon!

I had to take my daughter aside yesterday and tell her that "our football team is rubbish at the moment but at least we've won more games than Richmond, but I promise you if they are still rubbish by the time you hit primary school, then you can choose your own team as long as it's not Collingwood or Hawthorn."

Edited for accuracy. :p

Unless she can get a driving license at 6, surely North is the only team she'll be able to watch? And until she gets a part-time job, she'll only be wearing North supporter gear? Hollow offer from you, Dad - as it should be.

Agree with Bigeasy, Ben and mighty mick - there's talent and the right attitude there, and it won't be long until things come together consistently and this is all forgotten.

please excuse me if this his already been mentioned, I only read the a couple of the early posts, but when Harvey took over Fremantle they were pretty shitty, and whilst noone is proclaiming him a genius, he's goth them playing pretty good footy. Give Scott some time, bite down on a damp cloth and chill for awhile....

and if we're still shit in 6 weeks, give him the arse:eek:

I would call a lot of Fremantle games from previous seasons uncompetitive rubbish... yet look what they did to us today.

Unless you're on the inside and really know what's going on then a qualitative call like that can't be made.

And I would say that if you went through their Big Footy board you would have seen threads and posts asking 'what the f*&k is going on?' for the previous three years. Guess what? Kids and game plans take time. Freo are a perfect example of what can happen when the elements come together.

Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite. Wells has no heart. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers. Spud putrid, Narni is okay, Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. wasted pick there.

A contender for WPOTY :thumbsdown:

A contender for WPOTY :thumbsdown:

Agree, this is exactly the sort of thing that I was talking about in terms of player and coach bashing.

It disgusts me that people think it's acceptable to bag players when the likes of Cunnington etc are only in their first three years of being an AFL lists and are still learning how to go about it at this level.

Smacks of arrogance in my opinion when people make comments like that.

I'd love to see Scott, the Chief, Crock....someone.......communicate with the members as to what's going on.

From the outside, it looks like we're making dumb decisions at selection (eg, bringing in Hale, Petrie & Hamish was NEVER a good idea for a game at Subi), and dumb decisions on the field (eg, how often did we elect to kick to a 1 on 3 contest yesterday? even when kicking out after a point!)

It's easy to decide the boys are throwing in the towel when the opposition can get so many goals so quickly, and virtually uncontested.

I'd love to know why this happens.....is it a problem with the game plan? skill levels? available personnel? lack on intensity/defensive pressure?

I can live with short-term pain for long-term gain......but at the moment it seems like we are just being asked to persist with blind faith.

very very frustrating.

Ben as I've said in another thread, people can say whatever they like at the footy as long as they aren't hurting you or swearing full on........ I'd like to see you confront them on it and see the response you would get.

No offence mate but I couldn't give two f***s if somebody was sooking because I was having a crack at a player at the footy or on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it quickly & then run & hide:

Boomer to give up captaincy at end of year. I am seeing a lack of on field leadership, and i think he is better without the pressures. I hope we could do it without offending the out n out champion. I do see him developing into a goal sneak/opportunist and in my traditionalist thinking, that is not a captain's role.

Firrito to take his place. Vocal, speaks well & has a great work ethic. Would set the example.

What is it with the "superior" supporters on this site? You can't vent about any player, game plan or selection without being told in a condescending tone how little you know compared to these "enlightened" souls. How f***ken lucky we are they are here to straighten us out.

What is it with the "superior" supporters on this site? You can't vent about any player, game plan or selection without being told in a condescending tone how little you know compared to these "enlightened" souls. How f***ken lucky we are they are here to straighten us out.

A bit touchy are we toneG? WTF are you on about? People state opinions. What's yours?

it's too hard being a supporter. how can you cheer for a team that has dave hale as their main man. scott mcmahon thinks he's an elite rebounding defender, when really he is absolutely hopeless. and what's with his g*y goatee? boomer, ziebell, bastinac and hansen only blokes worth watching.

Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite. Wells has no heart. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers. Spud putrid, Narni is okay, Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. wasted pick there.

Exhibits A and B in the case against a "computers in pre-school" program.

Ben as I've said in another thread, people can say whatever they like at the footy as long as they aren't hurting you or swearing full on........ I'd like to see you confront them on it and see the response you would get.

No offence mate but I couldn't give two f***s if somebody was sooking because I was having a crack at a player at the footy or on here.

I totally agree with your first sentence, but one thing I have been touchy about is people pot shotting their own players and club.

Sure, one can be frustrated but you don't go pot shotting your own players just to make yourself feel better.

I get frustrated sometimes watching VFL games and if a North Melbourne listed player doesn't play too well, I will say so but I do it in an honest manner but at the same time not using pot shots at all.

I'd love to see Scott, the Chief, Crock....someone.......communicate with the members as to what's going on.

From the outside, it looks like we're making dumb decisions at selection (eg, bringing in Hale, Petrie & Hamish was NEVER a good idea for a game at Subi), and dumb decisions on the field (eg, how often did we elect to kick to a 1 on 3 contest yesterday? even when kicking out after a point!)

It's easy to decide the boys are throwing in the towel when the opposition can get so many goals so quickly, and virtually uncontested.

I'd love to know why this happens.....is it a problem with the game plan? skill levels? available personnel? lack on intensity/defensive pressure?

I can live with short-term pain for long-term gain......but at the moment it seems like we are just being asked to persist with blind faith.

very very frustrating.

+1:thumbsu:

And this gives credence to toneG's post. Talk about arrogance.

Mate, you'd probably be best served reading the posts I was responding to.

Yes, BF is all about opinions. Part of that is where people dribble on with braindead rubbish, then others just might feel free to shoot them down.

Or maybe you agree with:

1. how can you cheer for a team that has dave hale as their main man.
2. scott mcmahon thinks he's an elite rebounding defender, when really he is absolutely hopeless. and what's with his g*y goatee?
3. boomer, ziebell, bastinac and hansen only blokes worth watching.
4. Swallow is a solid player. is missing something though... doesnt have what it takes to be elite.
5. (my favourite) Wells has no heart.
6. Petrie, Rawlings good battlers.
7. (yeah, this one's good too) Spud putrid,
8. Narni is okay
9. Cunnington over rated junior. dominated cause he was a man child. (loving this pearl of wisdom) wasted pick there.

Now, if you hold one or two of these opinions, I might raise the eyebrows but meh, not worth commenting on. If you hold them all, I will liken you to a pre-schooler. If that's arrogant, then so be it. You won't be able to persuade me that his collection of opinions is anything but juvenile or braindead.

Judging by a post of his that I deleted in another thread -

White Goodman said:
north melbourne is a joke of a club. had no respect from the football world since the duck left. Ziebell is the only half decent kid coming through. relocate down to tassie i reckon!

- I wouldn't rule out ol' White being one of these little guys....

troll.jpg

So, yeah, probably not the best poster's cause to be taking up.

Brad Scott has inherited a list that apparently hasn't had routine skills sessions for 7 years. He is trying to instill a game plan that essentially requires the ability to, at the very least, hit a barn from 30 metres. Unfortunately, most of our players lack that ability. That is what is letting the Bard down more than anything right now - the dreadful turnovers and inaccurate goal kicking. If you don't take your opportunities against the top teams, you get burnt.

If this is true then it is mind boggling.

It's not like we were watching a bunch of gifted silky-skilled Darren Jarman types for the last 7 years either.

If Dean and his coaching team sat through the last 7 years and never did anything to improve our skills then they're very culpable for our current predicament.

Of course there will be some bashing when we play shite football most weeks.

What do you expect us to say " Gee we didnt play well but we have a lot of good young kids".

Most clubs have good young kids. It wont win us a premiership, we need an edge, we need a gun CHF or FF or both.

here here !!! Freo have suban 2nd year .morabito 1st year Fyfe 1st year etc etcx all very good palyers playing more than a role . Now it's our 3-4 th year players that arent comming on as well as expected . Swallow is good but where is ross tarrant benjamin urquart lower all these sort of blokes are struggling and dont look like being really good players. Given we have anthony Wells etc to come in we still dont have a pavilich paddy ryder and i cant see anyone apart from Tarrant becoming one . Ziebell Basta and Cunnington will be very good mids we still need the Marquee forward. I know Drew is great and will be but he's getting on .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sick of the club and coach bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back