In the wash-up of the Grand Final has Scott McLaren been TERMINATED for his CHEATING yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty simple really. Geelong were carried all season by incredible cheating.

Then at the last minute Scott McLaren gets called up (for no reason and no explanation) to umpire the Grand Final.

100K people (yes Cats fans included) and millions on TV all saw what he did.

He didn't make mistakes.
He didn't get some wrong.

HE CHEATED !!!

Are we all just gonna let this happen to the game we love?

Has the AFL acted on this or are they burying it?

SCOTT MCLAREN IS A CHEAT.

I love James Hird even more now for what he did. Real champions act like champions and do not do so only when it suits.

Go Hirdy.

McLaren you are SCUM. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Well there is no disputing that McClown is a terrible umpire but I don't think Dawks fans are the ones that should be crying poor. Pretty sure it was McClown that gave the Dawks an armchair ride to the GF against the Saints with his whistle happy approach in front of goal.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that McClown was part of the 'Whispers in the Sky' conspiracy to derail the Saints against the Shockers a few years ago. I was there and some of the umpiring decisions in favour of the Shockers that day were beyond a joke.

Well there is no disputing that McClown is a terrible umpire but I don't think Dawks fans are the ones that should be crying poor. Pretty sure it was McClown that gave the Dawks an armchair ride to the GF against the Saints with his whistle happy approach in front of goal.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that McClown was part of the 'Whispers in the Sky' conspiracy to derail the Saints against the Shockers a few years ago. I was there and some of the umpiring decisions in favour of the Shockers that day were beyond a joke.

Mate I am not sure whether you have seen but I have been on this all year. There are a few teams that cop it up the clacker and St Kilda is up the top of the list with us. I agree he hammered you in the prelim, no question. Like he circumcised us in the Granny.

He is a cheat, plain and simple.

Funny, I was watching the GF with a mate of mine that watches maybe 10 games of footy a year if he is lucky and was an impartial viewer and after McLarens 3rd obvious blunder he turns to me and says "F@#k this C@#t again, He's been S@#t all year. Worst umpire in the league !"

Mate I am not sure whether you have seen but I have been on this all year. There are a few teams that cop it up the clacker and St Kilda is up the top of the list with us. I agree he hammered you in the prelim, no question. Like he circumcised us in the Granny.

He is a cheat, plain and simple.

Yeah fair play. Wasn't actually having a go at the Hawks, more having a go at that joke McClaren. Dead set though, he is an absolute clown of an umpire that just has no feel for the play whatsoever.

Pretty sure it was McClown that gave all those ridiculous trigger happy 50 mtr calls in the finals, not to mention all those tiggy touchwood free kicks in front of goal. Just has no idea how to umpire finals, yet the AFL keeps on picking him. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started.

It's beyond a joke.

The fat Geish comes on SEN the week before the GF and says polesmoker McLaren got selected because he bounces straight 90+% of the time.

**** that - I want him to make the right decisions 90+% of the time and not affect the score with his blatant cheating.

But I'm not going to haul him over the coals yet - it's Geishan and Bartlett that must be removed for the good of the game - they are the cancer from within.

Good lord boys, you just won the ****ing premiership!

Go and enjoy it and worry about the maggots in April next year :thumbsu:

Too true mate - but it's the only time you can make any comment without being accused of sour grapes because you lost.

I could fix the whole umpiring debacle for the cost of about $800,000 per year BTW.

Getting rid of Geishen would bring it back to $300,000.

Too true mate - but it's the only time you can make any comment without being accused of sour grapes because you lost.

I could fix the whole umpiring debacle for the cost of about $800,000 per year BTW.

Getting rid of Geishen would bring it back to $300,000.

I think you'll still be able to get away with it in April.

And BTW, I can put you onto a hitman whose fees are much much lower than that ;)

He is a disgrace!!!!

After the Collingwood V crows final i saw them walking out of AAMI with Giechen and i abused them and yelled to Giechen that none of them should ever umpire again! And we won that final! Both teams were hammered by these halfwits, the crows copped a horrible patch. McLaren was the worst of the lot.

I could fix the problem in a minute. Hire all the SANFL umpires. Whilst not perfect, they let the game go and they are miles better than the ***** the AFL have!

Good lord boys, you just won the ****ing premiership!

Go and enjoy it and worry about the maggots in April next year :thumbsu:
Its OK for the Cats you guys get the armchair ride.
Half an hour to get rid of the ball while being spun 790 degrees
Dont touch Gary Jnr
Just fall over anywhere near Franklin
100 metre penalties

Kept you guys within a sniff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How this clown has kept his job for so long is beyond me. His umpiring was disgraceful in the Grand Final and could have easily changed the result. Thankfully Hawthorn kept their resolve and didn't let it put them off.

The AFL should return the $20,000 to Hird and issue him an apology.

How this clown has kept his job for so long is beyond me. His umpiring was disgraceful in the Grand Final and could have easily changed the result. Thankfully Hawthorn kept their resolve and didn't let it put them off.

The AFL should return the $20,000 to Hird and issue him an apology.

With interest.

Why don't you go choke on a sandwich lunchbox Nuffy. :thumbsu:

tired-yawn.jpg

Its OK for the Cats you guys get the armchair ride.
Half an hour to get rid of the ball while being spun 790 degrees
Dont touch Gary Jnr
Just fall over anywhere near Franklin
100 metre penalties

Kept you guys within a sniff.

Isn't that what being the best is all about? Being able to win in spite of a raw deal from the umpires?

Don't get me started.

It's beyond a joke.

The fat Geish comes on SEN the week before the GF and says polesmoker McLaren got selected because he bounces straight 90+% of the time.

**** that - I want him to make the right decisions 90+% of the time and not affect the score with his blatant cheating.

But I'm not going to haul him over the coals yet - it's Geishan and Bartlett that must be removed for the good of the game - they are the cancer from within.

I cant believe i just read this!!

Picked cos he bounces straight more often?? WTF!!!!

How about the important stuff like correct decisions, having a feel for the game, not paying pathetic 50's and other shit..

This guy is terrible, please retire!!!!!

And yes the hawks were killed in the GF by him especially, same way he loves to do it to adelaide..

Sometimes he could cause a riot at aami stadium lol

We all know that Mclaren is an idiot but good teams always will get the free kicks. I saw both geelong and hawthorn against us and they both had the umps on their side, it happened in the gf as well. Hawthorn are just lucky the cats missed so many kicks.

Don't get me started.

It's beyond a joke.

I agree with this post.

Fair dinkum if the umpire cant bounce a ball up he should throw it up, end of story. BUT his decision making needs to be pretty near spot on and the calls that are dubious are like crickets benefit of the doubt calls till then.. pi$$ off umpires who are ruining the game with their influence.

We all know that Mclaren is an idiot but good teams always will get the free kicks. I saw both geelong and hawthorn against us and they both had the umps on their side, it happened in the gf as well. Hawthorn are just lucky the cats missed so many kicks.

you say hawthorn got the better deal, stkilda won the free kick count didnt they? stkilda recieved the first 10 free kicks of the match (two 50's resulting in goals)

whilst i agree that Hawthorn got a good ride, that match was the most even in terms of umpiring hawthorn recieved all season

Absolute donkey kept the cats in it in the first term.

Happily picking up where Goldspink left off as the biggest tit in football. It's all about him.

you say hawthorn got the better deal, stkilda won the free kick count didnt they? stkilda recieved the first 10 free kicks of the match (two 50's resulting in goals)

whilst i agree that Hawthorn got a good ride, that match was the most even in terms of umpiring hawthorn recieved all season
Most of our free kicks were late in that game when it did not matter. I have seen buddy get a few soft frees all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the wash-up of the Grand Final has Scott McLaren been TERMINATED for his CHEATING yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back