Increasing Attendances: Post Your Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the flash for cash should be dumped and replaced with 50 x $100- bonuses per game to members. They could do a random computer draw of membership bar codes of those who attended the game. If you averaged, say, 25000 members attending per home game it would give you something like a 1 in 50 chance of winning over the season.

this is a great idea you should go to the club/hsbc with this far better thamn one person winning the 5000

I reckon the flash for cash should be dumped and replaced with 50 x $100- bonuses per game to members. They could do a random computer draw of membership bar codes of those who attended the game. If you averaged, say, 25000 members attending per home game it would give you something like a 1 in 50 chance of winning over the season.

Like this idea:thumbsu: Great suggestion.
I don't really bother with the flash for cash anymore, never seem to be in the right section.

How about a replay of a GF or memorable HFC match before the game to encourage people to get there earlier

Bring back some sort of prematch entertainment:-
-gig featuring young Hawk band?
-sumo wrestling suit footy match
-curtain raiser-though we know the arguement for churning up the ground as to why this won't happen.
-footy clinic on the ground for the youngies run by injured players/Box Hill Hawks.

but I wouldn't suggest another Guiness World Record attempt at YMCA! LOL

-50% off VLine to HFC games for members living in the country
-Umpiring clinics promoting umpires, umpiring pathways, skills, HFC's respect for them :)

Unfortunately at the end of the day, the better form we are in, the more supporters we are likely to have attend. Short of offering free overseas holidays or cars every game, many people won't see the incentive of attending week in week out like the diehards.

Alot of supporters and members target certain games every year as 'must see' games to attend as well as ignoring less glamorous fixtures, the trick is to get more of the supporters/members that attend the marquee games to consistantly roll up to the less attractive games.

For example, I dare say alot more members will attend the Geelong and Collingwood games than the Melbourne and North games, simply because they're the 'event' games.

Instead of targeting all the games, we should target our lowest drawing and least attractive games and use incentives to draw more of our supporters to the games.

I like the member celebration game concept we've got for this weeks game if it can transform an ordinary attendance from members into a strong attendance it's well and truely served its purpose.

Another way we can boost crowds to less attractive games is to allocate one game aside as a 'development' game, where we allocate free tickets for migrants in our 'catchment areas' bringing them to the games and turning them into long term supporters, you could even spread the load of these tickets allocating 1k or so tickets to 2-3 of our lower drawing games. Collingwood and the Bulldogs do this to great affect for their low drawing games against clubs like Brisbane and North and its supposedly starting to pay dividends with more of these people becoming long term supporters of the club.

The other is to allocate tickets to the various supporter groups around the country and encourage as many supporters from supporter groups as possible to attend from all over Australia (I know we used to do this with the 'March to the 'G', does that still happen?)

Its like the membership packs, instead of putting a heavier emphasis on the flashy additional products that come with the membership (ie. 'Flash for Cash where the opportunity to win is virtually non existant or the payoff isn't large enough to warrant supporters turning up day in, day out) we should look at ways to be 'smarter' with the schedule and encourage more supporters and members to attend the less attractive home games

What ideas to people have for getting fans to games.

I think financial pressures and petrol prices etc are starting to get people to think twice about attending matches.

I would like to see the club work with Connex to promote public transport as the method to attend our home games. This would include....

- A 5-10% discount on travel to and from the game with a Hawk Membership

- For day matches, BBQ Lunches at designated rail-stations in the south-eastern lines. They would include the Hawk mascot at each station - and perhaps a raffle or giveaways of merchandise and/or half price match tickets

Connex run a train line across Bass Strait?

The point has merit, but is the payoff of having a 1/50 chance of winning a $100 gift voucher great enough to encourage more members to attend dull games on cold, wet days, especially with the price of petrol going up?

Say that we've got 15k members that roll up day in, day out regardless of the opposition, ladder position and timing off games. The remaining 25k members are the members that attend in varying numbers depending on the ladder position. On top of financial members, you've got 'supporters' which are harder for the club to measure and communicate with.

The trick is we need give these membes a greater incentive to attend our less attractive games. As a point of reference, say the Geelong/Collingwood games draw 70-80% of our membership, but the North and Melbourne games only draw 50-60%. How do we encourage the 10,000 members that attend the really big games to attend the smaller games? Instead of focusing on all home games, effectively we only need to focus on our smaller home games.

If we can't cover this difference, where do we find the people (ie. regional supporter groups, kids etc.) to make up the difference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Increasing Attendances: Post Your Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back