Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Gmae 54 tonight is Mumbai v RCB

Huge game, with the winner to move to outright 3rd

FvoK9hhWYBEs5eu

Game 54

Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis(c), Anuj Rawat, Glenn Maxwell, Mahipal Lomror, Dinesh Karthik(w), Wanindu Hasaranga, Harshal Patel, Vijaykumar Vyshak, Mohammed Siraj, Josh Hazlewood

Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Ishan Kishan(w), Cameron Green, Suryakumar Yadav, Tim David, Nehal Wadhera, Chris Jordan, Piyush Chawla, Akash Madhwal, Kumar Kartikeya, Jason Behrendorff

Mumbai won toss and elected to field 1st

Here are the Impact substitutes for both the teams:

Mumbai Indians Subs:
Ramandeep Singh , Tristan Stubbs, Vishnu Vinod, Sandeep Warrier, Raghav Goyal

Royal Challengers Bangalore Subs: Kedar Jadhav, Michael Bracewell, Suyash Prabhudessai, Karn Sharma, Shahbaz Ahmed

Im not sure but this kind of cricket beats the Ashes every day of the week. The traditionalists will be not happy to hear that but these games will be remembered for years to come, generations to come. Young ones all over the world now aspire to be the next Rinku Singhs, Andre Russells etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Starc?
Harsh but no. I dont think he has played that much T20 cricket in the BBL and hasnt played this IPL.

With Australia not winning the T20 World Cup on home soil, selectors will look at these comps closely in picking their team.

For the reason like Warner, I havent included him because he hasnt set the world on fire as well.

Most likely though selectors will stick with Warner and Starc due to their 'reputation'

Damn I forgot Mitch Marsh.

Mitch Marsh, Inglis, Cam Green, David, Maxwell, Stoinis, 1 of Ashton Agar/Ashton Turner/Aaron Hardie/Will Sutherland, Ellis, Dorff, Zampa, Hazlewood

David Warner, Matthew Wade and Matt Short wouldnt get a game ahead of Mitch Marsh thats for sure.

Who does Dorff have to realistically beat to get a game in the national side?

Jhye? Unfortunately he keeps getting injured
Starc? Hasnt played enough domestic T20 cricket in BBL or IPL. Plus, not winning the T20 world cup, selectors are thinking what needs to change.
Cummins? His focus these days is on red ball cricket. He knows he will be judged on red ball cricket.
Meredith? The fact Dorff is playing ahead of him for Mumbai , suggests there is a pecking order.
Spencer Johnson? I admit he had a good season last season for the Heat. If he has another good season in the 23/24 BBL he may be a dark horse to make it.
Tye- Didnt get selected for this years IPL and from what Ive seen of him in national colours , usually got belted a fair bit at international level.

Also feel that Dorff playing on a winning teams and at the highest T20 level, gives himself a better chance than players from the Sixers, which includes : Sean Abbott and Dwarshuis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back