Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Gujarat Titans (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Hardik Pandya(c), Dasun Shanaka, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Mohit Sharma, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami, Yash Dayal

Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis(c), Michael Bracewell, Glenn Maxwell, Mahipal Lomror, Anuj Rawat, Dinesh Karthik(w), Harshal Patel, Wayne Parnell, Mohammed Siraj, Vijaykumar Vyshak

Gujarat Titans have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim David looked so nervous! Seriously thought at one point SKY was just going to slog a six.

Green actually told him to just finish the game but was ignored lol
What I loved was the genuine reaction of the Mumbai Indians when greenie brought up the ton and the fans in general. Rohit Sachin Boucher the players.. you could see there was a great amount of joy in greenies performance....yes you can have the support of your franchise but this felt a bit more ....like a genuine joy for the game of cricket and seeing a young talent succeed at a high level....it was more of a country thing but more about celebrating a talent of the game

What I loved was the genuine reaction of the Mumbai Indians when greenie brought up the ton and the fans in general. Rohit Sachin Boucher the players.. you could see there was a great amount of joy in greenies performance....yes you can have the support of your franchise but this felt a bit more ....like a genuine joy for the game of cricket and seeing a young talent succeed at a high level....it was more of a country thing but more about celebrating a talent of the game
I still think you have to open with him.

Power hitters like him and MM must be able to take advantage of the power play.

I still think you have to open with him.

Power hitters like him and MM must be able to take advantage of the power play.

Spot on Tuggs that's the future big hitters who can take advantage of it ...

Can even see the introduction of the sub role like they have in the IPL coming into int t20 cricket. For batters Strike rates must be close to 150 these days ...120 to 130 unless you are rotating the strike to the hitter at the other end is just not going to cut it

Spot on Tuggs that's the future big hitters who can take advantage of it ...

Can even see the introduction of the sub role like they have in the IPL coming into int t20 cricket. For batters Strike rates must be close to 150 these days ...120 to 130 unless you are rotating the strike to the hitter at the other end is just not going to cut it
I think the Impact Sub rule has done, is that teams are scoring higher on these grounds. Teams know with an extra batter they can afford to take a few more risks. Generally speaking, I think the Impact Sub rule helps teams batting 2nd, especially on good batting decks. We are regularly seeing 200+ chased down this tournament and I wouldnt even say 'roads' being the reason for it.

And Cam Green , has the potential to be Australias leading runscorer in this tournament. Mumbai have the potential to play 3 more games this tournament.

If he happens to overtake David Warner on 516 runs, Maxwell on 400 runs...I wouldnt begrudge Green (381 runs) getting an Aussie national spot.

Mumbai have the potential to play 3 more games this tournament.

I actually would not mind if that was it for Mumbai and Greenie for the tournament....going to be a fast turnaround for test cricket starting soon. I hope Cricket Australia is all over it and managing Greenie is a priority

I actually would not mind if that was it for Mumbai and Greenie for the tournament....going to be a fast turnaround for test cricket starting soon. I hope Cricket Australia is all over it and managing Greenie is a priority
I think if your 14 games into a campaign, you will still want to win it.

Cam Doesnt strike me as a guy , that simply wants to look ahead to the next series, when there is a big fish currently on stake.

But the point about 'management' is going to be something that will have to be assessed. I believe there will be probably come a stage maybe within the next 1-2 years, where he will have to focus on 2 of the 3 forms, its most likely to be Test cricket and T20 cricket. (similar to a Ben Stokes )

I sense also , the more times he plays in India, the better he will get.

And to cut Cam some stack, Mumbais home ground is known as one of the more batting friendly wickets, I felt like he has bowled not too badly despite going at around 9-10 runs an over in the tournament. Feel like his bowling would very much be an asset on Australian bouncier wickets especially with his height.

Gujarat Titans (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Hardik Pandya(c), Dasun Shanaka, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Darshan Nalkande, Mohit Sharma, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami

Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Shivam Dube, Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w/c), Deepak Chahar, Tushar Deshpande, Maheesh Theekshana

Gujarat opted to bowl first in Qualifier 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back