Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

that was the wrong decision to see Vinod ahead of Tim David . Not saying Mumbai were going to win it, but they had to get as much momentum with both Suryakumar Yadav and another partner to hit boundaries.

Vinod has stalled the innings somewhat.

When I saw an IPL team with Gill, Hardik and Shami in it I thought I'll have a piece of that and my team the Gujarat Titans have delivered in spades

We didn't even need David Miller and he is a T20 gun, kept him in the holster.

Gill is the next superstar of Indian cricket, get rid of Rahul and make him Test opener already and give him a good stint to find his spot!

That's surprising, you would think they would have a reserve day for the final of the biggest T20 tournament in the world.

Even the BBL has a reserve day for their final.
you can be guaranteed the organisers will change that next season if there is no result tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from Cribuzz:

"19:32 Local Time, 14:02 GMT, 19:32 IST: Apologies for the confusion earlier, we finally have clarification that there is a reserve day tomorrow. Also, no overs will be lost until 9.35pm local. And for a five-over game, the cut-off time is 12.06am."

Your telling me they have to wait there till past midnight to see if there is a game?

Yer Cricinfo also now saying:
7.30pm - The final can start as late as 9.35pm IST with an interval of 30 minutes. The cut-off time for a five-over shootout is 12.06am with an interval of ten minutes. If rain does not allow any play tonight, the final will be held on May 29.

in case anyone's missed it, this is on Cric Info:

10.52pm: Big discussion on the ground involving the umpires, match referee Javagal Srinath, et al. The umpires spoke to Stephen Fleming and Ashish Nehra, and the two coaches then shook hands.

We have official word. It's been called off for the day. The final moves to tomorrow. There's still a lot of water on the covers, and clearing it would have taken us past the cut-off time of 12.06am.

Last edited:
The Final

Teams:

Gujarat Titans
(Playing XI): Wriddhiman Saha(w), Shubman Gill, Sai Sudharsan, Hardik Pandya(c), Vijay Shankar, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Mohit Sharma, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami

Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Ajinkya Rahane, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w/c), Deepak Chahar, Matheesha Pathirana, Tushar Deshpande, Maheesh Theekshana

Chennai won toss and elected to bowl first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back