Toast Indigenous stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching Tim Kelly set the game alight yesterday, I wanted to discuss what some of these guys could look like all playing together with a few more games under the belt. Cockatoo, Parfitt, Kelly, Jones, Narkle. Some of the class shown by these guys has me excited already for this season and I can’t wait to see what chemistry they could build over the next few years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After watching Tim Kelly set the game alight yesterday, I wanted to discuss what some of these guys could look like all playing together with a few more games under the belt. Cockatoo, Parfitt, Kelly, Jones, Narkle. Some of the class shown by these guys has me excited already for this season and I can’t wait to see what chemistry they could build over the next few years.

Be handy if we could find a Stephen Michael ... but the guys we have got look exciting ...can all of them play together in the one side? Not sure.

Be handy if we could find a Stephen Michael ... but the guys we have got look exciting ...can all of them play together in the one side? Not sure.

I would have no problem whatsoever watching Kelly, Cocky and Parfitt lining up in the middle in the years to come. Cocky brings explosive power and lightning pace. Kelly has strength, grunt and amazing foot skills. Parfitt has the Pendlebury trait of having all the time in the world in congestion and is really good at moving forward and putting himself into good positions to set up goals. If Jones continues to improve he could be a great flank/pocket forward and I need to see more of Narkle but I watched a few highlights, enough to know he could also be a great player. I just really enjoy watching the talent of the indigenous players and I think it’s great that we have such a good group of them in the team at the moment. Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

Jones out of that group will be the one that will have to work harder in regards to what I saw in he JLT match, certainly has he speed and size but I feel he needs to work on his ball handling and disposals

Imo

No argument....nevertheless I thought JJ was pretty good. Certainly worth persevering with.

No argument....nevertheless I thought JJ was pretty good. Certainly worth persevering with.
No doubt I just put it down to him panicking and the humid condition affecting his ball work

He moves well enough and was kicking the ball well enough , it’s just his hand work that was suspect on the day.

I’m nowhere near writing him or any of the other kids off yet.

Probably needs more game time to make an informed assessment but it’s a great advantage to have so much talent around the team for him to learn from. I think a lot of the younger guys are going to benefit from our older guys in the years to come and that’s why I can’t see us falling off the cliff. Very optimistic of what these guys will do in the near future

Dont forget young dhurrkay joining our vfl team this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very stoked that Gaz is locker buddies with Parfitt and Cocky!

Parfitt's evasive skills will surely only improve with tips from Ablett and having Dangerfield and Selwood there as well teaching Cockatoo everything he needs to know there's every chance he will be one of the best players in the league one day.... if he can get on the park

Tim Kelly is a gun. Hopefully he hangs around and doesn't want to move back to Perth because having him complimenting Cockatoo and Parfitt as our most likely future engine room will be awesome.

Fogarty and Constable may be in that midfield mix too but you'd have to think Cockatoo, Parfitt and Kelly are our future starting mids when the likes of Danger, Selwood and Duncan have all retired.

Unless we strike more gold during future trade periods they are definitely my 3 picks for our starting centre players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Indigenous stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back