Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Logue re-injured his hammy last week and this week he’s listed as possibly three weeks away that means it was a five week injury - bordering on a grade 2... The pessimist in me says they’ve miss diagnosed the severity of the original injury and pushed him too hard in rehab

So if Logue re-injured his hammy last week and this week he’s listed as possibly three weeks away that means it was a five week injury - bordering on a grade 2... The pessimist in me says they’ve miss diagnosed the severity of the original injury and pushed him too hard in rehab
There were pictures of Logue flying at that Optus training run on the Sun (17/3) before round one. The same one that Hogan turned up in a poor state.
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-03-17/gallery-optus-stadium-training
BEF6467F-AF31-442D-A540-3E5A4BAED597.jpeg
Scar tissue in the hamstring can be a real bugger.

This strength and conditining team... a bright bunch.

why can't people just accept that some cases have no timeframe? take the sport out of it, an injury is a medical issue and not always black and white! If logue's tear was grade 1 and he has reached the end of the original diagnosed timeframe and the discomfort was still there then they're not going to risk it by pushing him, theres no need to create conspiracy theories every time something doesn't work out!
Who’s talking about a conspiracy? The release said he’s “had a bit of a setback” pushing his recovery back 4-5 weeks from the original minor strain of which going too hard in rehab could be an underlying cause - as could a number of things. Our track record hasn’t been great in this area but if you’re on a recovery program that causes an aggravation of the original injury something has gone wrong with the diagnosis.

why can't people just accept that some cases have no timeframe? take the sport out of it, an injury is a medical issue and not always black and white! If logue's tear was grade 1 and he has reached the end of the original diagnosed timeframe and the discomfort was still there then they're not going to risk it by pushing him, theres no need to create conspiracy theories every time something doesn't work out!
Surely they can provide an update on Bennell and Hill.

At least talk through the issues they are working on

If they just come in and say "Hill has yet again made no progress" or "we haven't got a diagnosis for Bennell" its going to bring attention to them set people off!.

Yep cause this TBA stuff is just flying under the radar so well. Genius at espionage and sports science is our Weber, his talents really are wasted at Freo

Read the report on Fremantle FC website. Switta played restricted mins on Sat night and pulled up well. He will progress further this weekend.

We should have a decent team for Peel with Cox, Valente, Switta playing

My 2 fave players Cox and Duman plus the bloke I'm most interested in seeing Valente all at Peel

Might give the Dockers a miss this week

Where's Peel playing ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's almost impossible to misdiagnose a hamstring strain, especially with the baseline data they have for the players and their KPIs

You can be as careful as you want but at the end of the day it's in the hands of the player, their body and lady luck

It's not a case of being a bad S&C team - a team of new grads with these data and equipment would be fine

Extenuating circumstances exempt of course, it's mostly just luck with these strains - taking away circumstances where you're forcing someone to get up for a final, or someone has significant history of injury or something external causing reoccurrence that isn't tracked (for example something outside of posture, muscular balance and symmetry, flexibility, strength of the muscle, fatigue, gait)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawthorn S&C team are hopeless as both Burgoyne and Shiel suffered hamstring injuries in the same match.
Drink up mate. Shiels and 36 year old Burgoyne is totally the same as;

23 yr old Blakely
20 yr old Logue
20 yr old Cox
28 yr old S Hill
26 yr old Bennell
31 yr old Ballantyne
36 yr old Sandilands

All going down with soft tissue injuries, some of which are recurrences and with no known return date.

Great another crap shooter..

Great another crap shooter..
Thanks for the label. We're all entitled to our opinions and in this case my eternal optimism has wavered a bit after our run of soft tissue injuries culminating with Griff re-injuring his hammy - and he's one guy I want to see on the park

I don't the TBA, I would just an update on Hill.

The issue is A, the plan is to do this ..., we will review in 2 or 3 weeks.

Unfortunately with his long previous history of hamstring injuries (even before Freo) you have to bring him back slowly (reduced minutes for 2-3 games).
Would that help, really? With that strategy, I guess what it'd be trying to avoid is a fatigue-exertion nexus, but if he's been running and kicking for some weeks now I think it might be getting a little too precious with game time (and maybe cynically more about job management than player management).

Would that help, really? With that strategy, I guess what it'd be trying to avoid is a fatigue-exertion nexus, but if he's been running and kicking for some weeks now I think it might be getting a little too precious with game time (and maybe cynically more about job management than player management).
Very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't isn't it. With all the S&C experts on here we will either be too conservative or we'll be rushing him back and risking re-injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back