Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending how we go S hill and Sandilands once fit I would try and get a mini preseason into them and bring them in as fresh players round 15 onwards
In practical terms, what does a mini pre-season mean? Is it belting out lap after lap? Pretty mind-numbing for a senior player. I fully agree that what we need for SHill is the long term result and want a program that delivers that for us. I wonder if it might be better to limit his position or time on ground at senior level to get the results. He is one of our genuine assets, and we need him available.

In practical terms, what does a mini pre-season mean? Is it belting out lap after lap? Pretty mind-numbing for a senior player. I fully agree that what we need for SHill is the long term result and want a program that delivers that for us. I wonder if it might be better to limit his position or time on ground at senior level to get the results. He is one of our genuine assets, and we need him available.

3 or 4 weeks of hard training, and not playing football. In theory, you can build up more fitness if you don't play as your don't get any knocks.
It would not just be running, it would also be kicking the ball.

Builds up there base fitness, to make sure they are ready to play finals.

Collingwood did it when they won the premiership (sent 3 or 4 players overseas for 3 weeks to get there fitness up. ), also the Crows did it in 97/98 while playing.

They trained harder for 4-5 weeks mid year to build up there fitness, which meant they were tired for there games during the period but at the end of it they were fitter.

3 or 4 weeks of hard training, and not playing football. In theory, you can build up more fitness if you don't play as your don't get any knocks.
It would not just be running, it would also be kicking the ball.

Builds up there base fitness, to make sure they are ready to play finals.

Collingwood did it when they won the premiership (sent 3 or 4 players overseas for 3 weeks to get there fitness up. ), also the Crows did it in 97/98 while playing.

They trained harder for 4-5 weeks mid year to build up there fitness, which meant they were tired for there games during the period but at the end of it they were fitter.
Well, that sounds ideal for Hill. Gradually building his kicking (I don't think running is the issue). If our season began to open up a bit in terms of ladder position he could be a real weapon to bring in at a later stage. Could allow us to freshen up some other players too.

I know it isn't our situation, but some clubs in serious finals contention almost hold back injury prone, key players for the second half of the year. Gives a bit of development time for the mortals and keeps momentum going too.

Sounds like a cork.

There was that incident early on in the Roo's forward line where he stopped and grabbed his thigh after he was crashed into in a marking contest.

Yeah, we went off and got it padded before coming back on and playing very well.

Sounds like a cork.

There was that incident early on in the Roo's forward line where he stopped and grabbed his thigh after he was crashed into in a marking contest.

Hes one tough country boy. I recall seeing him take a big hit on the big screen. He arrived at the next ball up although a fraction late but he still got there to oppose Goldy.

Dontcha ya think we're in a better position to cover for him and enable that now more than ever? It's staggering really. It's taken some lean years to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big fella tore Goldstein a new one imo

Not sure about that, Goldstein was being isolated on the wing and running quite strongly back and forth. He transitioned the ball well for North from defense to forward. Ultimately we shut it down. Which I think was a coaching move.

Darcy did well in the hitouts but has to improve around the ground.

Yep, thought he struggled with Goldy early but, with Lobb's help, got on top. Two rucks are the key, as Gawn is finding.

Yeh big step down to the next ruckman for us. Really want Meeks and Jones to seriously step up at WAFL level and put some pressure on. Need more competition for next in line to Sandi.. May he RIP as seems to be the case. Or is it a Lazarus with a double bipass!

Yeh big step down to the next ruckman for us. Really want Meeks and Jones to seriously step up at WAFL level and put some pressure on. Need more competition for next in line to Sandi.. May he RIP as seems to be the case. Or is it a Lazarus with a double bipass!
Hold the hearse mate. The heart's still pumping.

If we dared to dream of finals as a possibility then Sandilands may have a very important contribution to make. Apparently he is still very tall.

The issue is that they have to share the number 1 ruck duties, so effectively they're only getting half a game to do that.

Crumpets was saying that Sandi re-injured his calf when running on Wednesday. Could struggle to make an appearance this year.
Would love someone to confirm that Sandi is actually training and it’s bullshite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back