Injuries & Suspensions - Reports & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel Selwood can accept three weeks.

That's now Selwood, Mundy and Sandilands all 500k + players facing 3+ week layoffs.

More info on Selwood -

EVIDENCE from Hawthorn’s Brent Guerra after an investigation on Monday has helped the match review panel charge Geelong star Joel Selwood with a level-five striking offence, which incurs a four-week sanction. Selwood can accept a three-week ban with an early plea.

The panel relied on testimony supplied by Guerra as well as video evidence and a medical report from Hawthorn in reaching their decision.

Guerra suffered a perforated eardrum following the incident causing issues with his balance and hearing but the club is monitoring his progress, confirming he has improved significantly over the past 24 hours.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points) drawing 425 demerit points and a four-match sanction.

Selwood has no existing good or bad record and an early guilty plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 318.75 points and a three-match ban.

If Selwood accepts the ban he will be ineligible for the Brownlow Medal.

Selwood is the only player facing a ban from the seven matches assessed in round 12 so far.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116168/default.aspx

consider a midfield like this

selwood, swan, pendlebury, montagna, mundy

+ krakouer, didak, thomas, ball all missing

along with sandi and roughead (those who traded him a few weeks before)

It's a nightmare for many players next week, except i have no one missing except swan ans pendlebury :D

losing mundy $ucks double blow losing 50 odd k on his price aswell is a kick in the b@lls.prob should traded wornock for vardy use the extra $$ for the up grades needed.thinking mundy for pendburry but cant wait aweek with no swan&montang might get s thompson from crows with 3 byes that week l don't care about overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies to Selwood as he is a gun and was a big show for the brownlow!!!

Apologies to those in SC that have him, as that is a nasty result and untimely given Pendleberry is out this week with a bye. Only leaves Boyd and Ablett if you need to jump this week.

3 weeks would have been a much harder trade decision. 2 = keep, 4 = trade when you take into account he still has a bye to run, so that equals 5 games out.

Gawn from every team unless you've 6-7 or less trades. Then the risk is VERY high.

****! Copping two zero's in the midfield this week. Have 10 trades left and 110k in the bank so might just trade my wait out of this one and hope for the best.

Murphy is probably a lock although the round 23 bye is a bummer. Thinking possibly a DPP would be smart. Chapman, Pavlich and Fyfe in that order. Or maybe just a straight up gun midfielder in Boyd or Watson.

FMSC....

Whats the deal with Sandi? I thought he was back maybe this week, definitely next week. Now he might not be back till after the bye? What happened??

I could be going blind but i don't think it says how many weeks he's out for but there's an implication he won't be playing this week.
Adcock to undergo surgery

THE BRISBANE Lions' nightmare season has continued with vice-captain Jed Adcock set to undergo surgery on a broken finger on Wednesday.

Lions physical performance manager Brett Burton said Adcock had carried the injury for a while.

"We were hoping when splinted it would reunite, but it's actually getting further displaced so he'll have the screw put in his finger on Wednesday and we'll know more then about time frames," Burton said.

Adcock's injury comes less than a week after news reliable full-back Daniel Merrett would miss up to 10 weeks with back stress fractures.

It puts a huge hole in the Lions defence ahead of Saturday's home match against Richmond.

Adcock, 25, is having an excellent season across half-back, averaging more than 21 disposals per match, but his injury continues a season full of bad luck for coach Michael Voss.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116242/default.aspx

^You'd think they'd probably give him a week. Doesn't really bother me as he's been shithouse anyway, hopefully he gets back to 'pre-injury' form.

Selwood hurts. 8 trades left, I'm gonna risk trading him out. Pendles and Swan out this week, Priddis has a bye in a few weeks. Can't afford to carry him.

Adcock injured :O

Well my supercoach season goes down and down

Mundy, Roughhead, Swan

and then we have

Pendles, Shaw and Dids out this week

then we add the Adcock injury

FML

Oh forgot to say, Adcock had surgery on a brocken finger today
out for a a ton of weeks?

Re: Adcock injured :O

Yep same. Have Adcock which is disappointing. But he has been very good this season it must be said. I have ample cover in Hibberd, Pederson and Christian Howard.

Pendles, Swan and Sandi the only other regulars that will be missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back