Injury Report - Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a mess our fitness and conditioning last 2 seasons we're not talking isolated incidents to many reoccurrences, soft tissues etc and players rushed back very poor management. Preseason fitness wasn't great either club took short cuts in this department for me.

Burge left after his poor record and we hire the bloke under him. Yeah Burge was there in our flag years , but let's focus on the present standards dropped bigtime.
I don’t thing our SC is implicated in. Lynch injury , he’s had planta fascia issues , had surgery , you’d have to think the stress fracture was related to that . It’s knee jerk and short sighted to always blame sc, it’s a contact sport and players get older which means they’re more prone to injury

It's been a mess our fitness and conditioning last 2 seasons we're not talking isolated incidents to many reoccurrences, soft tissues etc and players rushed back very poor management. Preseason fitness wasn't great either club took short cuts in this department for me.

Burge left after his poor record and we hire the bloke under him. Yeah Burge was there in our flag years , but let's focus on the present standards dropped bigtime.
Agree. The fitness and medical staff need thorough examination.

These aren’t isolated incidents.

Lynch has been mid-managed all year and had reoccurring injury.

Tarrant has had a short term, medium term, long term then career ending injury.

Gibcus had a reoccurring injury.

Prestia has been mismanaged, again.
Hopper has missed several games, knowing he’s needed to be treated with kid gloves.

Campbell, Green and Brown all had significant time away.

Mate hasn’t even got on the park and Soldo has had his own issues that have been reported as short term but extended out.

Too many here to treat it as a coincidence.

I also question our fitness and lack of ability to run out games. All signs point to poor preparation in the pre season through to season proper, and lack of proper identification and rehab of injuries.

We will have excess $$$ from paying the new coach less than Hardwick, time to invest more in the fitness dept to get this right.

Shit happens. We got very lucky in our flag years. Rance was the only huge injury we suffered that could have cost us a flag. By comparison, 2023 was done the moment we lost Lynch to a broken foot.

Play out the season, but the focus obviously has shifted to 2024. The sooner we start sending guys in for their surgeries, the better our 2024 will be. Lynch, Gibcus and I think Shorty are all done for the season. I'm also not sure how much more we'll see of Prestia this year, as they try and get a block of games into Hopper in the midfield with Taranto. I expect they will get as many games into Miller as possible (mature body), probably at the expense of Samson Ryan.

Jack certainly retires at the end of the season and I can't see Trent playing on. They will both play every game until the end, because that's the right thing to do in these last handful of games. I'd love them to go out in a final, but I don't think we'll get that far.

If its fifth metatarsal, it is so a stress fracture and that's on the fitness staff.

(High risk stress fracture, career ending, and we had Lynch run off the plantar fascia that comes with it in pre season, ffs)

Three players, Kaleb, Lynch and Soldo with foot stress fractures. Someone needs a rocket!
It was third metatarsal I believe. No-one's ever called it a stress fracture, the language was always "broken foot". Make of that what you will.

It was third metatarsal I believe. No-one's ever called it a stress fracture, the language was always "broken foot". Make of that what you will.
This bad management has been happening for a few yrs now- Jack, Lynch, Prestia, Nank, Dusty, now the young kids, really needs to be addressed if we are to have any hope in the future .....

It’s nothing about SC bodies just heal differently, few years ago when my terrier X Ted was a pup , the mother in law tripped over him and sent him flying across the room ,,, my daughter phoned me immediately and I was beside myself , she assured me Ted was ok
Anyways ambos came rushed her to Franga hospital , she survived marathon surgery to a broken leg just below the hip ,,, and FMD if I’m joking , she was back walking within 10w

So the moral of the story , everyone heals differently,,, ohh and they bred em tough in Falkirk

Where was the Short news reported?
I think it was in a Mini interview or interview / news article of some sort on the Richmond site.

Mini said in his presser. I think it was 5-7 weeks.
Didn’t exactly say it was going to be 5 - 7
Said it could also be less it will just depend on how comfortable he is as they increase the load

Mentioned it could be as little as 3 as well if I remembering correctly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How? a week ago he said it was very minor and that he was running again already. wtf?
get farrked another set back

last week louie meehan said it was nothing and will be back in a week or two now its 5-7 lmao

wtf does this guy do to the players?

IMG_5027.gif

Gibcus had a setback with a standard hamstring strain nearly ten weeks ago.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s next to be ruled out for the season.
How does an 18myear old have a season ending hamstring what the **** is our conditioning team doing

Will be interesting to see if the club review our injury list in the off season. Correct me if I am wrong but Mini was asked but gave the sub standard response injuries like most other clubs.
Company line

Short 4-6 weeks “Mini”
Short will be back next week, he's too annoying to leave
That is correct in his press conference yesterday 4-6 weeks or something.
Wasn't Short annoying the rehab folk like a fly in a bottle saying he was ready to go just earlier in the week.
Must have pushed to hard to soon, if so that has to reflect somewhat on the rehab team if it's all true.

Last edited:
Seriously, they have mismanaged several players, especially with hammies. Short looked like a standard hammy so much so that only 3 days ago Luke Meehan said this.

Jayden Short, hamstring

"Shorty's jumping out of his skin to get back, as everyone would expect. He's running, things are progressing really well.... We'll see Jayden back pretty soon.".

Now, in yesterday's presser with Mini, this is what was said. The reporter says; Short seems that his recovery might need to be pushed back a little bit, 4-6 weeks.

Mini said; With a hammy like that hard to put an exact time frame on it to start with.
He's just gonna build his rehab and it will be a little bit of that last couple of week period for him, it might go for 1 week or 2 weeks when he really gets back to the end of his rehab. He is progressing atm certainly been no setbacks for him and when he plays again it'll be just a wait-and-see at the end of his rehab.

Last edited:
Have we had a minor hamstring injury yet? Shorty's was "minor" but is now 7 weeks. I'm half expecting Bauer to be gone for the season.

There seems to be something seriously wrong with our rehab program.
Geez I just read this myself (after asking the initial question). What a farce the fitness team have become this year. Time for a major shakeup.

Surely the guy who reattached Jeremy Howe’s arm can help Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Report - Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back