Injury Injury update after Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch (hand fracture) - test*
Steven King (hamstring) - 2 weeks*
Jason Gram (hamstring) - 4 weeks*
Nick Riewoldt (hamstring) - 6-8 weeks*
Luke Miles (stress fracture fibula) - indefinite*

Well it's not the usual injury update full of TBA's.

Would it really hurt them to list Dempster and Winmar though?

Get yourself fit and firing Lynchy. You might get some games in the second half of the season.

*Estimate only. Club has not provided official timeframe

Dead set, this is beyond a joke. Every other club can give their injury updates weekly. Not once this year has St Kilda given a true and proper injury update.

Whatever game they're playing, it's getting old.

Riewoldt week 14,15 or 16?? :D

Dees ES
Lions G
Maggies MCG

Might not get him back in time for the Demons and might not want to start him on the hard track at the Gabba.

Bringing him back to beat Collingwood again would be awesome :D

Thats a real positive on Roo's injury if he can get back around 17. Also another positive just looking at the 2nd half of the season, we have an incredibly good draw. In the last 12 rounds we play Adelaide and Richmond twice and Hawthorn once. Thats 5 rounds out of 12 we play bottom 4 sides. Should put us comfortably in the 8 and from there who knows once Roo gets back to full strength.

At the function Kingy did say his hammy was a 2-3 weeker, a "slight tweak" as he put it.

Also, noticed on C9 news, they listed Gram as a groin injury, not a hammy. I guess we're guessing on Gram again, I've got $5 on the injury being his girlfriends instead.

At the function Kingy did say his hammy was a 2-3 weeker, a "slight tweak" as he put it.

Also, noticed on C9 news, they listed Gram as a groin injury, not a hammy. I guess we're guessing on Gram again, I've got $5 on the injury being his girlfriends instead.

Gram is having surgery on his groin and will be out for at least a month. He would have been out for a few weeks with a hamstring strain anyway so I guess now is a good time to get the surgery done. Hopefully he'll be 100% when he returns.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-surgery-today/story-e6frf9jf-1225868618255

No, it clearly says "estimate only, the club has not provided an official time frame."

Sorry, I thought Kildonan had posted the official injury list from the club website.

Here's the latest one:-

Injury list as of Thursday 20 May 2010

Current injury list is as follows:

Jason Gram - groin / hamstring (4 weeks)
Steven King - left hamstring strain
Tom Lynch - fracture, hand
Blake McGrath - stress fracture, foot
Luke Miles - stress fracture, fibula (long term injury)
Nick Riewoldt - hamstring, high grade muscle tendon
Nick Winmar - stress fracture, shin

Winmar actually appears on it but there's no Dempster

Read somewhere over on SS that he had an achilles problem but should be ready to go for Sandringhams next game.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury update now has Dempster as 'test' for round 10 availability. It will be good to see how he has recovered from this and a shoulder reco at the end of last season.

Isnt injury update just guess work though? I dont see how they know what injury if any Dempster has if the club has never released that information.

So Dempster was in the moon boot at the family day as a result of Achilles tendinitis...?
I guess he's taking his time with it, don't want him to rush back and then rupture the tendon.

Would he be getting a game with us now if fit??

So Dempster was in the moon boot at the family day as a result of Achilles tendinitis...?
I guess he's taking his time with it, don't want him to rush back and then rupture the tendon.

Would he be getting a game with us now if fit??

"Excerpts from Wikipedia.
"Achilles tendinitis is tendinitis of the Achilles tendon, generally precipitated by overuse of the affected limb and is more common among athletes training under less than ideal conditions
The Achilles tendon does not have good blood supply or cell activity, so this injury can be slow to heal. The tendon receives nutrients from the tendon sheath or paratendon. When an injury occurs to the tendon, cells from surrounding structures migrate into the tendon to assist in repair. Some of these cells come from blood vessels that enter the tendon to provide direct blood flow to increase healing. With the blood vessels come nerve fibers. Researchers[who?] believe these nerve fibers to be the cause of the pain."

I had previously heard that he was superfit during the pre-season. A bit too much jogging along Beach road maybe.

the Healthy LIst is very long now

the NOT named to play this list; every other player is named and will only miss due to places not being available or being an emergency.

Nick Riewoldt
Luke Miles LTI
Steven King _ sandy coaches box

Jarryd Allen Rookie LTI

the NOT named to play this list; every other player is named and will only miss due to places not being available or being an emergency.

Nick Riewoldt
Luke Miles LTI

Jarryd Allen Rookie LTI

how do you know this?

Nick Riewoldt
Luke Miles LTI

Jarryd Allen Rookie LTI

Don't forget Lou Gram please.

Sounds like Riewoldt's recovery is going well.

Saw him on the news recently doing some running at what looked like half to three quarter pace. He's probably still a fair way off returning but we may get him back sooner than originally expected, ie. Rd.15/16.

Sounds like Riewoldt's recovery is going well.

Saw him on the news recently doing some running at what looked like half to three quarter pace. He's probably still a fair way off returning but we may get him back sooner than originally expected, ie. Rd.15/16.

was he running smoothly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injury update after Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back