Ins and Outs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

he was playing on Medhurst :rolleyes:

he killed Betts, as far as I can remember

I watched the match two days ago. The only reason Betts didn't kick 4-5 goals was some inaccuracy. Not that Betts did that well, but he wasn't dominated either.

I thought Slattery did well yesterday though. Don't confuse me with other people.

Lucas. For me he is an out. He simply has no form at all.

Honestly I think this is a bit unfair. Yes he is struggling badly. But he can make it back. He's missed a few goals we expect him to kick and dropped a few marks, but if he can get that right (and he can) he would have been putting in 2-3 goals every match so far this season, apart from the Freemantle game.

He's still offering us much more than Neagle would, and that's with his form being some of the worst of his career, all he needs is a little bit of confidence and he'll start holding more marks, kicking more goals, and playing a little less desperate.

I think Lloyd and Lucas give us good structure and options up forward and we should keep playing them together unless they become a liability. I don't think Lucas is bad enough to be a liability at this stage.

He's leading the club for marks per game and is at his average from the past few years.
He's down on his average goals, but this can move up with some confidence, it's not like he hasn't had chances, he's just missed shots and dropped marks. Has still kicked a goal a game despite this.
Is still getting possessions, just down from his average 16 to 12.

Plus he's a champion and deserves more than to be axed after a couple of sub-standard games. He deserves a couple more weeks at least. Especially considering we don't have any other forward options pressing a claim at the moment.

And I wouldn't drop Jetta for reasons I've stated allready. He's playing ok and putting on a lot of pressure. Once he gets some more confidence up he'll stop fumbling and get involved even more, but that's not going to happen if you keep dropping him every second week.

Myers I wouldn't drop either. He's doing ok and who do you put in for him? A settled team is better than one with changes just for the sake of it. Unless someone isn't giving it an honest effort, or you have someone else clearly better to put in instead, you shouldn't swap things about.

It's always easy to focus on the fumbles with Jetta. Those fumbles came with a greasy ball at insanely high pressure moments in the game.

Jetta was hopeless yesterday mate. He also nevers picks up a man and just goes around the field flapping his arms about. He needs to listen to the coach and pick up his opponent.

Even if Ryder does go down, Fletch has rucked against bigger blokes than Mitch Clark.

Not ideal, but losing Ryder wouldn't be ideal either.

Having said that, I would still play Bellchambers, unless it's pissing down up there.

If I was to coach the Essendon Bombers Football Club I would be doing the following..

No changes, harden up Hille... It's just major surgery.

Jetta was hopeless yesterday mate. He also nevers picks up a man and just goes around the field flapping his arms about. He needs to listen to the coach and pick up his opponent.
You need to rewatch he last 5 mins, he won the game for us.

If I was to coach the Essendon Bombers Football Club I would be doing the following..

great work BPB, love your work mate :thumbsu:.

****ing oath. Quick jab, she'll be right mate.

I'd play Bellchambers. I reckon it's too risky to go into a game with only one ruckman who is very green at the moment.

Ins: Bellchambers, Houli
Outs: Hille Myers

Depending on conditions and weather I might even look at bringing in an extra runner and giving Lucas a spell - maybe Atkinson.

Houli gives us the extra run that Myers doesn't as Brisbane have been struggling with run and pace.

Bellchambers is very green as well. You have to remember that T-Bell does not give you much around the ground at the moment. He has struggled to get more than 7 or 8 possessions with Bendigo. If he has to come up against Brennan around the ground we will get smashed possession wise.

Out - Hille, Myers

In - Bellchambers, Houli

Not selecting - McVeigh or Darcy due to injury.

I am bringing in T-Bell even though Brisbane dont have a recognised ruck as it is clear he will need to play for much of the first half of the year and he might as well start against an inexperienced ruckman. Also it allows us to push Ryder forward against the Lions, with Lucas so down on confidence and McPhee perhaps doing a job down back we dont have many targets.

I am dropping Meyers as he is just not offering anything to the team at the moment, he looks off the pace and is not giving us any drive off the backline. I will bring in Houli for Meyers as he deserves a chance in the ones and must give us more drive than Meyers.

Lucas is on his last chance and I have a keen eye on Neagle this week.

Well there are 2 definate outs, Hille and lucas. Still not impressed by him, but i'd just keep Myers in another week.
Will be interested to see if we play Bellchambers with Brisbane only having Mitch Clark.

IN: McVeigh (if right, do not bring him back unless 100%)/Hooker - Bellchambers
OUT: Lucas - Hille

I am bringing in T-Bell even though Brisbane dont have a recognised ruck as it is clear he will need to play for much of the first half of the year and he might as well start against an inexperienced ruckman.

That's a great point. If he can start against Clark and Brennan, Renouf and Campbell, it's better than starting against King and Gardiner in 2 weeks' time.

That's a great point. If he can start against Clark and Brennan, Renouf and Campbell, it's better than starting against King and Gardiner in 2 weeks' time.
Clark and Henderson apparently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Lloyd and Lucas give us good structure and options up forward and we should keep playing them together unless they become a liability. I don't think Lucas is bad enough to be a liability at this stage.

He's leading the club for marks per game and is at his average from the past few years.
He's down on his average goals, but this can move up with some confidence, it's not like he hasn't had chances, he's just missed shots and dropped marks. Has still kicked a goal a game despite this.
Is still getting possessions, just down from his average 16 to 12.

Plus he's a champion and deserves more than to be axed after a couple of sub-standard games. He deserves a couple more weeks at least. Especially considering we don't have any other forward options pressing a claim at the moment.

And I wouldn't drop Jetta for reasons I've stated allready. He's playing ok and putting on a lot of pressure. Once he gets some more confidence up he'll stop fumbling and get involved even more, but that's not going to happen if you keep dropping him every second week.

Myers I wouldn't drop either. He's doing ok and who do you put in for him? A settled team is better than one with changes just for the sake of it. Unless someone isn't giving it an honest effort, or you have someone else clearly better to put in instead, you shouldn't swap things about.

I definitely understand the sentiment behind what you are saying lamaros. I reckon though, that it depends on how you define 'liability'. Two things happened to Scott Lucas which clearly stood out for me. First, he dropped a chest mark with a clear lead, from which he may have goaled. Second, he missed a goal from 20 metres out with no-one in front of him. Fast forward to the last five minutes of the game, and those two potential goals make a dramatic difference to our propensity to win. Had we lost, I think he may have fallen into the category titled 'liability'. The question then is, do we wait until we lose? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he deserves this either. What does the team deserve?

On Myers, I agree. I like the idea of players being forced into a situation to find form. I reckon in many ways Darcy and Tayte fit that description, and Hocking as well. Myers has shown some good things. He set up a terrific goal against Carlton from half-back, and found the ball in the forward line a couple of times in a couple of minutes against Collingwood, which brings me to your ideas about 'swapping things about.' Kevin Sheedy wasn't one to hesitate about trying players out in positions they otherwise wouldn't play. Duckworth going to the forward line speaks volumes for the theory and Sheedy's guts. I'm interested to know what you (or anyone else for that matter) thinks about sending Myers into the forward line, should it be decided that Lucas is a liability.

I can only presume all the people wanting to drop Jetta only remember the last minute. How bout you remember the last 5?

[YOUTUBE]D0YGJwpApso[/YOUTUBE]

:rolleyes:

And I'm pretty sure Dempsey was on Thomas. To the fool who said we should drop Slatts cause of Thomas' game. Which wasn't very good anyway.

I'll wait to Ant reports on the Bendigo game for my outs. Although it will probably only be Hille out.

Bellchambers is very green as well. You have to remember that T-Bell does not give you much around the ground at the moment. He has struggled to get more than 7 or 8 possessions with Bendigo. If he has to come up against Brennan around the ground we will get smashed possession wise.

In ; Hooker, Houli
Out ; Hille ( inj ), Lucas ( ret ).

My only proviso is that Hooker must play forward if he is the 2nd ruckman.

It is too difficult to play back and a s a second ruckman.

Ins: Hurley (if fit) if not houli

Outs: Hille

i dont think we need another ruckmen tbh, let ryder to it by himself with a couple of pinch hits from lucas/mcphee, bring in bellchambers the following week when we are up against a good ruck duo

Im not 100% sure on the progress of hurley but i would put him in the afl instead of the vfl... we need another big defender against the lions - brown and bradshaw will tear us appart and tbh i think hurley would be a very good match up for brown with pears running with bradshaw.

Did you not watch the video I posted 2 posts above? No Jetta no first goal. No Jetta no second goal. you knows nothing.

Jetta's first goal came from brilliant run, carry and pass but Lovett.

Nothing more or nothing less.

What made Lovett's play even more brilliant. was that Barham chased Lovett ( all the way ) and was never more than a metre, but Lovett still pinpointed his pass.

Jetta's first goal came from brilliant run, carry and pass but Lovett.

Nothing more or nothing less.

What made Lovett's play even more brilliant. was that Barham chased Lovett ( all the way ) and was never more than a metre, but Lovett still pinpointed his pass.

Still needed someone to put it through the sticks, and Jetta's finish was very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back