Ins and Outs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

For once i am not reading the standard reply of:
"it about time we kicked Dyson out of the team, he is ordinary"

I think any changes made to the side next week will be hard for the coaches. ATM we cant really match up on Bradshaw and Brown effectively. It could be that Fletcher to Bradshaw with Pears or NLM on Brown? i wouldnt be surprised is Hooker gets a call up to play on Brown. but who to drop?

maybe a single change, out Hille in Hooker, assuming they give McVeigh another week.

Quinn needs to spend the rest of the year in the VFL and get his skills up to standard. Everytime he gets the ball i close my eyes......

Then you're probably not in a position to say whether he should be playing or not. ;)

And I thought Slattery did his job today. He puts his body on the line, spoils well, and has acceptable skills. He doesn't pretend to be what he's not and whilst he'll never be a star, he's a hard nut we need in a young defence.

In: McVeigh (if fit, otherwise Belly), bandwagoners
Out: Hille, Joffa's jacket

Two different players.

Slatts is a shut-down small defender, and Myers is an attacking HBF'er/winger.

Incorrect. Slattery is a slow, turnover merchant that is horrible overhead and gets beaten for a living - although we dont have a better option and he wasnt bad today...:)

Ins: Bellchambers, Mark McVeigh, Cale Hooker
Out: Hille, Lucas, Myers

-Obviously we will have to bring in Bellchambers to share the ruckload with Ryder.
-Lucas was absolutely woeful yesterday and has been for sometime, sick of watching him embaress himself with performances like that and should be sent back to Bendigo until he regains a bit of form because he clearly doesn't look like running into form anytime soon.
-McPhee played a ripper of a game at CHB yesterday on Cloke, and would be tepted to play him there again on Brown just because he's one of the few that could matchup on him body to body. He played pretty well at CHF in the absence of Lucas last year though, so would like to see him play there and then see if we can get away with Hooker, Fletch, Pears occupying Brown and Bradshaw.
-Hooker has been in great touch for Bendigo, bring him in and swing McPhee forward to replace Lucas.
-Myers has looked quite poor of late and struggled to keep up with his opponent much of the time, disposal as someone has mentioned before is supposed to be his weapon but is looking quite average atm so needs some time at Bendigo. McVeigh to play half back just to regain a bit of match fitness, and set up play with his great run and disposal off half back.

B: Tayte Pears, Dustin Fletcher Henry Slattery
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Cale Hooker, Mark McVeigh
C: Ricky Dyson, Heath Hocking, Brent Stanton
HF: Leroy Jetta, Adam McPhee, Angus Monfries
F: Alwyn Davey, Matthew Lloyd, Jason Winderlich
FOLL: Patrick Ryder, Jobe Watson, Andrew Lovett
I/C: David Zaharakis, Sam Lonergan, Lovett Murray, Tom Bellchambers

No Idea!!
Myers has done nothing to deserve a spot.
I can't believe you would possibly say that

Na Nah Nah you have NO IDEA!!! What did Slattery do yesterday that actually guarantees his spot for next week??? Slattery has done very little aswell all season so far, why does he deserve to keep his spot in the team. Ok Myers has been quiet aswell but he is a better footballer than Slattery. He can play Slattery's position better.

Na Nah Nah you have NO IDEA!!! What did Slattery do yesterday that actually guarantees his spot for next week??? Slattery has done very little aswell all season so far, why does he deserve to keep his spot in the team. Ok Myers has been quiet aswell but he is a better footballer than Slattery. He can play Slattery's position better.
r1: got beaten by Ebert, a high quality opponent,and was better suited to Robbie Gray
r2: shut down freo's small forwards, whichever one was down there
r3: murdered Betts. hardly got a touch, kept him to one goal.
r4: Lindsay Thomas, one of the high-quality Small Forwards of the comp, got 7-odd touches and no goals.
r5: Beat the AA small forward. pure ownage.

r1: got beaten by Ebert, a high quality opponent,and was better suited to Robbie Gray
r2: shut down freo's small forwards, whichever one was down there
r3: murdered Betts. hardly got a touch, kept him to one goal.
r4: Lindsay Thomas, one of the high-quality Small Forwards of the comp, got 7-odd touches and no goals.
r5: Beat the AA small forward. pure ownage.

Murdered Betts? You need to watch that game again. And you rate Thomas quite a bit more than any sane person would.

That said, I wouldn't drop him.

I'd just do:

In: McVeigh (if ready), Bellchambers
Out: Hille, Lonergan (if he doesn't get up)

Murdered Betts? You need to watch that game again. And you rate Thomas quite a bit more than any sane person would.

That said, I wouldn't drop him.

I'd just do:

In: McVeigh (if ready), Bellchambers
Out: Hille, Lonergan (if he doesn't get up)
he was playing on Medhurst :rolleyes:

he killed Betts, as far as I can remember

These threads changes for next wekk have to be the biggest waste of time ever. Too many people posting sides without explination or simply pupming up the tyres of their favourites or bagging their usual whipping boy.

FFS don't just give up out slattery and in player X.
How about giving who will replace Slattery as a small defender and not just naming someone who plays in another position.

Anyway on to the outs.
I don't really see the need for too many outs.
Hille to be replaced but not necessarily by Bellchambers this week as Brisbane are down to their third and fourth string ruck duo as well.

I think Jetta stays in. Yes he made some frustrating mistakes but he provided options for us even though he did stuff a few things up. The forward line worked pretty well with him there.

Lucas. For me he is an out. He simply has no form at all. Struggling with his goal kicking and marking. At certain stages in his depseration to get a goal he has gone away from the team things like putting on a shepherd . He has also struggled with his leads. A number of times he has gone to the same area as one of our players are in and it has been his man that has spoiled the contest. A classic example yesterday was whn Lonergan got cleaned up. Lucas had to block his man out but he didnt. He simply put in a half effort leap to take the mark.

So baring more injuries i would go
Out: Hille , Lucas.
In:
Hooker - form has been good and has done a bit of ruck work for Bendigo to give the nuber one ruck a rest and can play forward. He certainly is not a ruckman but can give Ryder a chop out for a bit against other inexperinced rucks.

Houli - mainly as Brisbane are more of a run and carry side now. Not sure we have to necessarily replace a tall with a tall in this case. And extra midfield option may be a better choice.

Bellchambers comes into consideration as well.

Not looking at -
McVeigh - from what i hear he won't come up.
Daniher - with his groin soreness there is no point rushing him back after a week.
Hurley - plays for Bendigo next week for mine if he is ready. No instant senior return fro young blokes coming off soft tissue injuries.
Neagle - needs to show some consistant form over a couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^^^

More or less agree with all that. Those clamouring for Belchambers inclusion don't understand that :
a) spare big ruckman are not required against Brisbane as their ruck stocks are even worse than ours.
b) he still is a bit away from senior level.

Lucas is borderline I agree but still his form is better than Myers who is just not doing enough for mine. I can't understand how people want Slattery dropped yet Myers kept in. On pure form there is no comparison and from my point of view Slattery has more ability anyway. People are getting hung up on Myers draft pick number and automatically think he must be good. He may well be but he needs to start showing it.

No way in hell Slattery will be ommitted, by far our best option as far as small defenders go.

What are peoples the thoughts of bringing Williams in? Looked alright in the NAB cup and could possible provide another option up forward which we are lacking.

^^^^^

More or less agree with all that. Those clamouring for Belchambers inclusion don't understand that :
a) spare big ruckman are not required against Brisbane as their ruck stocks are even worse than ours.

Lucas is borderline I agree but still his form is better than Myers who is just not doing enough for mine. I can't understand how people want Slattery dropped yet Myers kept in. On pure form there is no comparison and from my point of view Slattery has more ability anyway. People are getting hung up on Myers draft pick number and automatically think he must be good. He may well be but he needs to start showing it.

Yeah ok but what if Ryder gets injured early next week? Even though Brisbane's ruckmen are all out injured having Bellchambers as a back up will still give us a big advantage over them.

Yeah ok but what if Ryder gets injured early next week? Even though Brisbane's ruckmen are all out injured having Bellchambers as a back up will still give us a big advantage over them.

You never pick a side on what if.
You simply don't pick a side working around the theory that someone will get injured.

Jetta was terrible. I just don't think he is up to it and he will be the first to be dropped. Too small and fumbles too often at crucial times. I would much rather play Quinn.

It's always easy to focus on the fumbles with Jetta. Those fumbles came with a greasy ball at insanely high pressure moments in the game. Please don't forget the poise he showed to thread that goal between 2 pies with 4 mins to go. He also had a few really good assists. He has definitely earnt his spot. Him being in the team really frees up Froggy to roam around the field a bit more. He is a confidence player, dropping him back to the twos every 2nd week won't make that happen. He won't be dropped.

Unless McVeigh gets up the only change will be Bellchambers coming in for Hille (WHAT A TOTALLY DEVESTATING LOSS). Hopefully LLoyd and Lonergan are good.
If Lucas was Neagle he'd be out on his ear, I will eat my hat if he is dropped.

^^^^^

We are lacking another option up forward which is why I suggested playing Bellchambers. If he's brought in, he along with Ryder can just rotate between ruck and up forward and be that other option. Still bring Hooker in, but just play him down back where he's been playing his best football for Bendigo which will allow us to move McPhee to CHF.

Medhurst, who was Slats' man for a large chunk of the game, had 11 touches and kicked 1.2. Yet we should drop Slattery.:rolleyes:

OUT: Hille (inj), Myers, Slattery (susp - hopefully not, but who knows with the AFL)
IN: Bellchambers, McVeigh, Atkinson (if Slats suspended)

Jetta was terrible. I just don't think he is up to it and he will be the first to be dropped. Too small and fumbles too often at crucial times. I would much rather play Quinn.

It's always easy to focus on the fumbles with Jetta. Those fumbles came with a greasy ball at insanely high pressure moments in the game. Please don't forget the poise he showed to thread that goal between 2 pies with 4 mins to go. He also had a few really good assists. He has definitely earnt his spot. Him being in the team really frees up Froggy to roam around the field a bit more. He is a confidence player, dropping him back to the twos every 2nd week won't make that happen. He won't be dropped.

Unless McVeigh gets up the only change will be Bellchambers coming in for Hille (WHAT A TOTALLY DEVESTATING LOSS). Hopefully LLoyd and Lonergan are good.
If Lucas was Neagle he'd be out on his ear, I will eat my hat if he is dropped.

I would have thought that having 2 ruckmen in the side is better than having just 1.

If you are coming up against another side with two ruckman it would be.
I would rather not be backing Bellchambers around the ground v Brennan.
Thats why i would consider Hooker first for this week. He has played second ruck for Bendigo when they have had no ruck options and he will do more around the ground. That is why i suggested Hooker as an in.

The following week when we play the Hawks and we counter two bigger size ruckmen then you play Bellchambers.

I would have thought that having 2 ruckmen in the side is better than having just 1.

We are playing a side with half a ruckmann (Mitch Clark).

Sides are picked with eye to your opponents.

If we were playing St Kilda with King and Gardiner than Bellchambers would be straight back in.

Brisbane are probably the only team where we can afford to go in with one ruckman and as ant pointed out Hooker can pinch hit if need be.

I'd play Bellchambers. I reckon it's too risky to go into a game with only one ruckman who is very green at the moment.

Ins: Bellchambers, Houli
Outs: Hille Myers

Depending on conditions and weather I might even look at bringing in an extra runner and giving Lucas a spell - maybe Atkinson.

Houli gives us the extra run that Myers doesn't as Brisbane have been struggling with run and pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back