Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
I don't think we have many options ....

May depend on how Liam Jones pulls up - perhaps Hooper for Jones.

Pity Moles didn't set the world on fire for Willy today, otherwise he's come straight in.

Roughead for Minno - difficult decision. Everitt?? He kicked a nice goal or two today.

Johnno!?!? We must be dead serious about playing our BEST 22 for the Prelim ... can Johnno play out the game and be effective?

Decisions!!

I don't think we have many options ....

May depend on how Liam Jones pulls up - perhaps Hooper for Jones.

Pity Moles didn't set the world on fire for Willy today, otherwise he's come straight in.

Roughead for Minno - difficult decision. Everitt?? He kicked a nice goal or two today.

Johnno!?!? We must be dead serious about playing our BEST 22 for the Prelim ... can Johnno play out the game and be effective?

Decisions!!

Don't mind Hooper in the side.

I think if Jones was good in the ressies (don't know if he was), then he should come in for Hahn to add more pace in the forward line.. This won't happen though.

I think it can be confidently said that Johnno won't be going anywhere no matter what.

Johnno looked much, much better and it was only his disposal which let him down.

Hahn was pivotal to our success.

In: Morris
Out: Hooper

This is what will happen as long as Morris is given the green light. Hopefully Cross doesn't get weeks for high bump on Bolton as Sydney teammate pushed him into it but it is MRP (the R stands for Raffle).

Johnno looked much, much better and it was only his disposal which let him down.

Hahn was pivotal to our success.

In: Morris
Out: Hooper

Didn't mind Johnno's game tonight. Had a crack and seemed to move better than last week. Reckon Hooper will be better for the run and you may need him to help spread the Saints backs. Dunno who would miss for Morris though.

Both of us dare to dream and get a Dogs vs Pies Grand Final. With both clubs having heaps of support in the West, it'll be all out war in the Western suburbs! Haha. Great win though Doggies.

Don't mind Hooper in the side.

I think if Jones was good in the ressies (don't know if he was), then he should come in for Hahn to add more pace in the forward line.. This won't happen though.

Hahn is only in the side to cover Morris. If Morris returns, Hahn will be out. I personally would be more concerned with the condition of Lake and Williams in the back line. Everitt may be an inclusion to provide extra agility. He could take also Kosy and allow Lake to go forward if he proves ineffective in defense.

Ins: Morris, Cooney

Out: Addison, Cross (if suspended)

nooB I almost choked on my breakfast cereal when I read you had Addison out. He was fantastic at the contest and gave his all and you do not drop a bloke after that performance. I would drop Hahn for his lack of pace and poor disposal.

Lets be objective - Hooper hardly saw the ball. He got an (important goal) from a free,but roved no groundballs and laid no tackles.

I would take Jones recent performances, even poor ones, over that.

Addisons disposal is poor, but I like his get @#$@$ attitude, we need more of it.

Desperately need Grant to find something - cant really replace his X factor despite probably deserving to be dropped.

The usual suspects were adequate - hahn, eagle...

I can only see them swapping Morris for Hooper. If Morris doesnt come up, then Jones.

Lets be objective - Hooper hardly saw the ball. He got an (important goal) from a free,but roved no groundballs and laid no tackles.

This. Wasn't that the reason they brought him in? Also, this was the first time I had seen him and he's a diver. It worked for him, he got 3 frees out of it, but from that it looked like he just wasn't up to AFL level just yet.

Changes;

IN: Morris (if fit) Moles/Everitt - Who did some good things yesterday (if Cross gets a week)
OUT: Hooper, Cross (see above)

I didnt think Hoops was that bad, his goal seemed to lift the team atleast :p
I think he should stay in because he is hard at it, he caused Gia's goal in the last quarter. I think he will be better next week and we need hard bodies against St kilda in a tough final!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dissappointing that we had so many poor players in the Williamstown side, as it helps to have in form replacements.

Hopefully Morris will come in.

Who do you bring out? In most other weeks I would say Hahn only because of his lack of pace. But against St Kilda, pace is not going to be as vital as it will be a lock down type of game. So probably for the first time for the year I will leave him in.

Maybe Hooper is the unlucky guy who draws the short straw. It would be a real shame as his goal was gold, as it made our half time deficit a lot more easier and realistic to overtake.

I don't expect Cross to get weeks. Was a big hit, but hit the shoulder. And in finals time, the MRP are ultra conservative which is what you want really.

Hooper was average, no doubt about that, but glad that someone mentioned his work that created Gia's goal in the last. That was easy to miss, but he caused a great spillage which allowed Hall to get it to Gia. Still think he's likely to be dropped though.

Everitt must come in. He gives us an extra option for Riewlodt (even if only to cover him for 10mins to give Morris & Williams a blow), gives us a good option to help Murph across half-forward (particulraly important with Grant going missing) and some extra run through the middle.

Morris for Hahn. Everitt for Hooper.

Morris for Hahn.
Jones/Everitt for Hooper.

I think if Morris is fit then he must come in. I would be very surprised if Cross is even sited. Bolton was pushed into Cross by his own player.

So who goes out to make way for Morris.

Candidates.

Williams, Addison, Hooper, Grant and Hahn.

I think we would like the extra tall so Williams will stay in, despite some of his baffling efforts on Goodes.

Addison played really well, and he can play a number of roles.

Hahn I thought showed some good signs, his ability to play forward and back might be what keeps him in.

Hooper, did not have a massive impact, but he's just what we need in the forward line at the moment. So it's him or Grant.

Grant is struggling. I think it could be him. Murph looks likely to play forward from here on I think. So Morris for Grant. But it's tough one I like how Grant has come on.

Really hard call this week I think.

I think if Morris is fit then he must come in. I would be very surprised if Cross is even sited. Bolton was pushed into Cross by his own player.

So who goes out to make way for Morris.

Candidates.

Williams, Addison, Hooper, Grant and Hahn.

I think we would like the extra tall so Williams will stay in, despite some of his baffling efforts on Goodes.

Addison played really well, and he can play a number of roles.

Hahn I thought showed some good signs, his ability to play forward and back might be what keeps him in.

Hooper, did not have a massive impact, but he's just what we need in the forward line at the moment. So it's him or Grant.

Grant is struggling. I think it could be him. Murph looks likely to play forward from here on I think. So Morris for Grant. But it's tough one I like how Grant has come on.

Really hard call this week I think.

With Lake playing injured and not having his full effect on the game we can't afford to carry Williams into another game where Lake can't fix up his mistakes, the guy got out maked by a crap player like Shaw and he's a foot shorter than him. At least Everitt would provide some pace in the back ground and not be a training cone like Williams was last night.:cool:

In Morris

Out Spud Williams

Everitt MUST come in for Hahn
gives us another option down back, up front and through the middle
Hahn cannot be in the team this week

Noticed in the Sun today Smorgon talked about next year and developing younger players.
Everitt didn't get a mention. May have forgotten about him, but mentioned Picken which was odd.

In - Morris
Out - Someone (I can't decide, maybe Hooper, but would like him to get another game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins & Outs: Prelim Final vs Captain Collapse's Crew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back