International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Desmond Haynes is king in this game. Playing an all time greats series, Windies vs AUS, he has an average of 370. Carried his bat three times. Gun.

Best knock was a 243*, we were 5/60 odd then he just carved it up with the tail.

There must be something built into the engine to increase the likelihood for remarkable scores. So many games I've played have gone down to the last over or two.

Then there's stuff like the openers putting on 200 and the rest collapsing for 60 odd. Or conceding 600 runs in the first innings and running through them for 100 in the second. Or a player having a MOTM debut, then doing nothing ever again. It seems like every test I play something incredible happens (I'm only playing tests at the moment)

Oh and there's always one player from the opposition who is impossible to get out throughout a series.

Still a really fun addicting game though

Just chased down 440-odd with 9 wickets in hand. David Warner made 240*, Steve Smith 169*. Garry Ballance MOTM :drunk:

Is Cricket Coach worth getting? I have no interest in getting the latest ICC as it clearly hasn't changed since my version came out.

The match engine isn't as good but it lets you coach associates and have a coaching career (switching teams etc). You can also gain promotion to test status. And there is a proper editor

You should be able to get a two day trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does ICC love its LBW/bowled modes of dismissals??

Is Cricket Coach worth getting? I have no interest in getting the latest ICC as it clearly hasn't changed since my version came out.

I reckon it is...the batting/bowling set up to me is a bit of a mish mash compared to ICC and ICC seems to be so much more stable but getting to edit the hell out of the game is a big plus for me. In its earlier incarnations I went through and added the entirety of the Netherlands domestic set up for shits and giggles. Also taking the Dutch to Test status was pretty cool. Got hammered nearly every Test but in this Baz Zuiderent finally lived up to his potential and scored runs. Anyway considering how small the operation is the whole game is pretty well done.

As for ICC I got 2014 on my iPad and am having a run with Australia (i usually take Zimbabwe) and so far I have had some bizzare topsy turvy results. Flogged Pakistan by 211 runs in an ODI game, got wipped by eight wickets the next. Then we were annihilated by 331 runs in the 1st Test then won by an inn/254 runs after Clarke smashes 341 on our way to 620. As for the India series went down by 8 wickets in the 1st Test, then won by an inn/12 runs after Clarke and Smith added 542 for the 4th on their way to 3-720 (Clarke got 338 and Smith 260) then lost the 3rd by 163 runs.

The final Test was perhaps the most frustrating I have ever had. I should have won this handsomely. 7-512 in the first dig, skittle India for 187 (Behrendorff gets 4...WA represent! :D) Then India smash 6-611 thanks to Kohli's unbeaten 200 and Dhoni's 157. Just manage to limp to the end of the game on 4-136.

Speaking of freak overs...
4b298c097439945906dc306550c794f3_zpsf5baefb9.jpg

Not a bad last over from Sids!

No, but I won the first test by over an innings, then got smashed in the second
As a rule I always play 2 spinners in the subcontinent. Generally Lyon and Agar (although he disappears in the new season for me) and then Beer year after, and Muirhead the third. By now I have Lyon as the second most successful spinner in Australia's history, and only 5 wickets behind Lee to become 5th on the all time list, and 15 behind Johnson.

Boys, boys, boys i cant believe that none of you are playing English career!! County is by far the best, contracts, youth, competition, surely surely. All of you missing out!!

I only play County. It's heaps better.

I've always been frustrated with how unrealistic the Aussie comps were while I don't know enough about County cricket to know how unrealistic it is and the youth recruit and transfer systems add so much to the County gam.

My biggest frustration is how inaccurate their batting plays are. They should know Wade isn't a defensive batsman or an opener, Khawaja isn't an opener, Shaun Marsh either. They know nothing about any of the Australian players and vastly overrate some players and underrate others.

My biggest frustration is how inaccurate their batting plays are. They should know Wade isn't a defensive batsman or an opener, Khawaja isn't an opener, Shaun Marsh either. They know nothing about any of the Australian players and vastly overrate some players and underrate others.

Both men open in One Day cricket, Marsh for Australia occasionally, and always for Perth in T20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back