International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Both men open in One Day cricket, Marsh for Australia occasionally, and always for Perth in T20's.
Shaun Marsh bats in the middle order for all 3 formats now.

Playing first season with Queensland at the moment, dominated the Matador Cup only to have Harris, Hopes, Cutting, Khawaja, Lynn and McDermott all called up. Boyce, Gannon and Gale all sidelined with long term injuries. Not to mention Buchannan was injured in the first game so I'm currently running a bowling attack of Neser, Hauritz and Floros with Reardon as my second seamer

Playing first season with Queensland at the moment, dominated the Matador Cup only to have Harris, Hopes, Cutting, Khawaja, Lynn and McDermott all called up. Boyce, Gannon and Gale all sidelined with long term injuries. Not to mention Buchannan was injured in the first game so I'm currently running a bowling attack of Neser, Hauritz and Floros with Reardon as my second seamer

That is absolutely disguisting. Where the ****'s Luke Feldman?

That is absolutely disguisting. Where the ****'s Luke Feldman?

Funny story, I thought he'd get lost in the shuffle as I was looking to train up Buchannan and Gannon to be my seamers with McDermott so I dropped him and McDonald for an extra two batsman. Had no idea both Cutting and Hopes would get called up. Mistakes were made.

Funny story, I thought he'd get lost in the shuffle as I was looking to train up Buchannan and Gannon to be my seamers with McDermott so I dropped him and McDonald for an extra two batsman. Had no idea both Cutting and Hopes would get called up. Mistakes were made.
I would have dropped Gannon. Chucker.

I fear the beginning of the end is coming.

It's 2023, and I had a 6 match back to back test series against India and SL.

Won the first test against India by 7 wickets, no problem.
Lost the 2nd test by 5 wickets. That's alright, they're the 2nd ranked side in the world.
Lost the third test by 93 runs chasing 208 on only the 4th day. **** it, we're making some changes for boxing day.

Dropping an out of form M.Marsh & U.Khawaja for the two in form batsmen in the shield. I.Maloney & C.Huckerby. Dropping young firebrand Len Reeds for a 37 year old P.Siddle who has 28 wickets @ 9 in the shield this year.
Everyone underperformed, Siddle went wicketless in both digs and we got rolled by 4 runs after Lyon & Faulkner put on 63 for the last wicket chasing.

Sri Lanka are ranked 8th in the world.

Smiffy is on the decline, Joe Burns is shit, Khawajas declining. Faulkner, Henriques & Marsh all average 31-35 with the bat and 28-30 with the ball and have really carried my side over the last 3-4 years, as I only played 1 quick and Lyon + the 3 all-rounders.

Dave Warner has retained form.

Playing CC2012 on my iPhone. Am in the year 2035, and have a re-gen batsman called Ken Stone batting at 3. He has scored 3 100's, 7 50's and 2 200's (251 and 260*) in his 15-match career, and he's only 22. Plays for Tasmania, the next Punter possibly? I'll keep updates on his career from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is everyone handling Hughes out of interest?
Put me off playing altogetherr for a while there, but now I play him. He's a permanent fixture in my team until he retires, regardless of form. Letting him play out his career on there. Average is 41 and rising.

Still gives me the shivers when he hits 63 though. :(

But it's awesome when he scores a ton. Genuine fist pumps.

How is everyone handling Hughes out of interest?
Not playing him, he can't crack a spot in my side currently. Only up to 2016 so still have most of the current test line up in.

Current test XI
Warner
Watson
Burns
Clarke
Smith
Patterson
Carters
Johnson
Harris/Starc/Marsh
Lyon
McDermott.

If Marsh plays he bats 7 and everyone else moves down one.

My current 2017 line-up is:

Silk
Warner
Smith
Burns
Lynn
M Marsh
Whiteman
Starc
Pattinson
Lyon
Cummins

Lyon now has 370 wickets @ 28.

Put me off playing altogetherr for a while there, but now I play him. He's a permanent fixture in my team until he retires, regardless of form. Letting him play out his career on there. Average is 41 and rising.

Still gives me the shivers when he hits 63 though. :(

But it's awesome when he scores a ton. Genuine fist pumps.

Serious question here, no offense intended. But are you seeing a proffessional about your Hughes related grief? It's quite unnatural the way you have carried on and could be your way of dealing with other issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back