International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron White dominant bat of the shield last season. 978 runs at an average of 54. Leading run scorer as well.

Fawad Ahmed is a gun with the ball. 51 wickets at an average of 23.

Also earned an Australian contract.

Anyone got any tips for 20/20 matches? Finished dead last.

Cameron White dominant bat of the shield last season. 978 runs at an average of 54. Leading run scorer as well.

Fawad Ahmed is a gun with the ball. 51 wickets at an average of 23.

Also earned an Australian contract.

Anyone got any tips for 20/20 matches? Finished dead last.

Bat full aggression, bowl nil aggression. Make sure your overseas players can play 100%, and recruit some PM XI guys who only average about 20-25 in T20 cricket, but have strike rates of 140+. Have a good left arm bowler. I made 13 BBL finals in a row and won 9 of them.

I'd had M.Marsh, S.Marsh, Voges, Kieswetter, Du Plessis, deVilliers, Kohli, Malinga, Starc, Cummins, Finch, Lyon, Faulkner, Warner, Ross Taylor, Ronchi etc etc go through my squad at some point **** off all your shit campaigners at the end of each year to open up the cap, and there'll always be a star Australian free agent. Sign him, fill the squad with whoever you can and keep going. Renew all the good players contracts at the end of each year and repeat. You sometimes might have to skimp on your overseas quality, but there's heaps of good value there.

How does anyone ever score more than about 180 in 50 over games.
No matter how settled a batsman is, I always find (and have done in every version I've played) that as soon as I put a batsmen up to four bars of aggression they get out. It doesn't matter if the batsmen is naturally aggres or not, likes that type of bowling or not, four bars = out. And three bars means crawling along at 3.5 an over (1 or 2 bars is not much different).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does anyone ever score more than about 180 in 50 over games.
No matter how settled a batsman is, I always find (and have done in every version I've played) that as soon as I put a batsmen up to four bars of aggression they get out. It doesn't matter if the batsmen is naturally aggres or not, likes that type of bowling or not, four bars = out. And three bars means crawling along at 3.5 an over (1 or 2 bars is not much different).
i've had a bit of success (not much mind you) starting openers at 5 and 4 aggression, moving up one bar every 15 balls until they get to 7. new bats start at 4 and move up every 15 balls. yeah you'll get rolled for 120 here and there but have also made plenty of 250+ scores

Bat full aggression, bowl nil aggression. Make sure your overseas players can play 100%, and recruit some PM XI guys who only average about 20-25 in T20 cricket, but have strike rates of 140+. Have a good left arm bowler. I made 13 BBL finals in a row and won 9 of them.

Agree with all this, plus an RF works for me also. For Hobart, I basically only recruit all rounders as overseas players. Been to all 5 finals (for one win...)

:eek:

I've never even played him in one dayers. Bats too slow.
Haha, probably just a day out! Side was 9/300, and he had 110-120 odd before exploding! Trying to upload a scorecard from my phone, no luck!

Haha, probably just a day out! Side was 9/300, and he had 110-120 odd before exploding! Trying to upload a scorecard from my phone, no luck!

Phone screenshot then upload on Imgur? Sounds awesome!

I got excited the other day because Hilton Cartwright hit 6 4's in an over, seems to pale in comparison to recent posts...

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back