International International Rugby League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: News from Morocco

ParraEelsNRL said:
Good stuff copa, you seem to be able to dig stuff up from anywhere.:thumbsu:

80 players in France, things are looking good for them.

Hope everything works out.
I didn't find it. Somone else posted it on LU..

NZ domestic comp secures TV coverage

THis is great news... live monday night football on TV in New Zealand!! THis is for the kiwi domestic comp and not the NRL... great news for NZ rugby league and new zealand RL fans!!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10365367

League: National competition secures TV coverage

By Peter Jessup

A revamped 10-team national competition will start in March with a deal for Maori Television to show a live game on Monday nights.

The New Zealand Rugby League is in discussion with sponsor Bartercard and Maori TV has still to discuss with Sky the handling of the curtainraiser to Warriors' games.

Re: NZ domestic comp secures TV coverage

Great news for NZ.

I really find it annoying that NZ gets all these games on TV, yet Aus loves the game more and gets treated like shyte.

FFS they get live SL games while we have to wait a week or more to see a replay, then they chop and change the times, so you have to bloody search when they are shown.:thumbsdown:

By the time you get to see the matches, you already know the score.:mad:

Enough of the rant, good luck to you NZ, I might have to move there for decent RL coverage.

Re: NZ domestic comp secures TV coverage

AuckMel said:
I'd heard the maori channel were doing some great things for the code, and this just tops it off.
IIRC one of the Cooks Islands Vs Maori games last year achieved one of the stations highest ever ratings.

There is clearly a market for RL on TV in NZ.

Latest results- Worldwide

International:
USA 40 bt Japan 10
Aoteroa 12 bt Fiji 6

English Domestic:
London 46 bt Les Catalans 6
Oldham 16 bt Leeds 8 :eek:
Bradford 28 bt Hull KR 12

Australian Domestic:
Wests 64 bt Group 4

Re: Latest results- Worldwide

From the Fiji Times-a report on their game:

Bati go down fighting
(Saturday, January 28, 2006)
NEWCASTLE Knights lock Colin Clarke led the Fiji Bati side that lost 6-12 to the New Zealand Maori in a one-off Test at Coffs Harbour Stadium on Thursday night.

The aggressive Maori side which featured eight Australia-based reps pressured the Bati outfit with two tries and a conversion in the first half.

Saru Dragons skipper Semesa Cadrakilagi cruised in with a classy try in the 30th minute to score under the post with the conversion by Newtown Jets' Gilbert Modrau.

NZ Maori led 10-6 at halftime.

Fiji came back strongly in the second half and was unfortunate to miss three easy tries to Josefa Swamy, Apisai Masikerei and Cadrakilagi.

The Maori side tied up the win with a last-minute penalty three minutes from time.

Team manager Rusiate Ratakele said the boys performed well despite having trained for only three days as a team before the Test.

"I take my hat off to the boys who played their hearts out against a star-studded side," he said.

The Fiji-Maori Test was the first official rugby league international to be held at Coffs Harbour, which Ratakele said was played before about 10,000 rugby league followers.

"They settled in after the first try and kept defending and attacking," he added.

North Sydney Bears' Pio Rokomaqisa, Bill Baleilomaloma of Newtown Jets and Albert Junior were injuries in the game.

The Test was part of the International Challenge Day which kicked off the Big Week of League featuring the Orara Valley Axemen 7s tournament.

Cadrakilagi will lead the Bati in their first game at 11am today.

Vandenbergfan said:
Hahaha, keep them coming lads.:rolleyes:

web_fri_p3_afl.jpg

This guy i heard was the Stacey Jones of AFL in New Zealand... :rolleyes: :p

nzphoto.jpg

This game of INTERNATIONAL AR game was played in front of A HUGE Crowd of three sheep's and a Dog in New Zealand... International AR is going from strength to strength... Aren't the lads so intimidating hahaha...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when is the MoroccanAustralianFootballLeagueXVIII going to play anybody?

Georgia has been playing RL since last year knob, already they have managed to get a game put on TV LIVE and had a decent turnout, what has the GeorgianAustralianFootballLeagueXVIII done lately? :rolleyes:

Vandenbergfan is jealous that no other country on Earth is interested in his beloved AwFuL.

Laugh at RL all you like, atleast ppl from other countries actually like, know of and play RL, not like your quaint little suburban kickabout.

The only people who play AwFuL in other countries are expats with nothing else to do but kick a ball around and get ********ed, then put it all on a forum to try and show that it is played somewhere.

Quite funny some of those pics too I might add, that NZ one is one of my alltime favs, the other is the Japanese pic, I didn't see any Japanese actually playing, but they were Japanese.Same as the crowds too, didn't look nothing like the nations that were being represented, matter of fact, there were probably more ppl on the field than in the crowd.:D

Re: Latest results- Worldwide

Not a bad turnout considering that there is never any promotion.

The ARL might surprise themselves one day if they do put out some promotion, hell they might get a decent crowd too.

16 European Nations at RLEF meeting

Well there not all european I guess.

THat's a lot. Me thinks there is a lot of work going on behoind the scenes.. also a Euro cup for U19s

http://www.rlef.eu.com/newsstory.php?id=157

Wednesday 08 February 2006

RLEF

A record 16 European nations – England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Russia, Georgia, Lebanon, Serbia, Germany, Austria, Holland, Estonia, Czech Republic, Morocco and Italy - will meet over the coming weekend (10-12th February) in London for the latest bi-annual RLEF Board Meeting.

Among the items up for discussion on an extensive agenda will be; the dates and fixtures for World Cup qualification in 2008 and seedings, and a European Nations Cup for under 19’s.
Prior to the formal meeting, to be held at the Lensbury Centre in Teddington on Sunday, delegates will attend a number of seminars spread over two days on; marketing, administration, commercial matters, media, coach education and match officials, principally from senior staff within the RFL.

As part of the trip, the European attendees will be guests of Harlequins RL as they open their inaugural Super League campaign at the Twickenham Stoop on Saturday (3pm) against title favourites St Helens.

Re: 16 European Nations at RLEF meeting

Thats great news, I just wish the media out here would put stories like this in the Newspaper once in a while just to shut up the clowns who continually say RL is only played in 3 countries.:rolleyes:

The U19 concept is very very good, it's only at the top where Australia dominates, at the younger levels it's pretty close.

If the young guys show some good form, they may get signed up by a NRL-SL club, this is what needs to happen so these countries can move forward and be competetive against the Big 3.

ParraEelsNRL said:
The U19 concept is very very good, it's only at the top where Australia dominates, at the younger levels it's pretty close.
I thought AuckMel would have been straight onto you about that comment. Need I remind you of the Tri-Nations.

Game 1- New Zealand 38 bt Australia 28 in Sydney, Australia
Game 2- Australia 26 bt New Zealand 24 in Auckland, NZ
Game 3- (FINAL) New Zealand 26 bt Australia 0 in Leeds, UK

But I do agree that as many as 5 nations can win the U/19's age group.

Tutaki said:
I thought AuckMel would have been straight onto you about that comment. Need I remind you of the Tri-Nations.

Game 1- New Zealand 38 bt Australia 28 in Sydney, Australia
Game 2- Australia 26 bt New Zealand 24 in Auckland, NZ
Game 3- (FINAL) New Zealand 26 bt Australia 0 in Leeds, UK

But I do agree that as many as 5 nations can win the U/19's age group.

We can't win everything, I think everything will be back to normal this year.

But if the Kiwis can show the same form as last year with the other players, it could be very close, prob too close to call.

But yeah, the juniors are very close.

RL broadcasts live throughout France!!

Great stuff..... also great for bringing in sponsorship money!!

http://www.kangarooarmy.com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1139615759&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6

11 Feb 2006
An agreement has been reached with leading national French television channel Sport Plus which will see engage Super League matches broadcast live throughout France during the coming season.

The one-year agreement means that Sport Plus – part of the Canal Plus TV station – will screen all Catalans Dragons home matches not shown by Sky Sports – the main broadcast partner of the engage Super League.

The French Rugby League Federation is also party to the agreement with the channel, which has previously broadcast the engage Super League Grand Final and the Gillette Tri-Nations tournament.

Commenting on the news, the RFL Executive Chairman Richard Lewis – who is also Chairman of the Rugby League European Federation - said: “This broadcast agreement is a highly significant breakthrough for both the engage Super League and Rugby League in France.

“The coverage by Sport Plus will showcase the excitement and spectacle of the competition to new audiences and will also increase exposure for the elite game on a key channel in Europe”.

Lewis added: “The agreement with Sport Plus builds on their existing coverage of Rugby League and shows that the sport is attractive to major broadcasters”.

Source: SuperLeague.co.uk

Re: RL broadcasts live throughout France!!

Great start to the year!!! Well over 11k attended and saw an entertaining victory over the Warriors...
I might be transfering soon to the North of England... If that happens a few trips to France to watch the mighty Dragons (Never thought i'd ever say that ;) ) will be great!!

Remove this Banner Ad

International International Rugby League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back