Podcast Interview with Doug Hawkins (Nov 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside The Kennel

Senior List
Nov 8, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Inside The Kennel is a new podcast exclusively for past Footscray/Western Bulldogs players, that I have produced.

Dougie Hawkins will be our co-host throughout 2023!

The aim is to digitally store the journeys of all living past Bulldogs, so their stories can be preserved. Please support the channel and let me know your thoughts on the Dougie interview. He is a diamond.

Dougie features as the interviewee in Episode One here:

Last edited:
More content on the Channel like this - so please subscribe (free with one click) here if you'd like to access all the Past Player interviews as they drop... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0H1em3LEnlDiEZVr0TqOw

Scroll through this podcast to hear

a) Doug's first encounter with EJ, Charlie Sutton and Dempsey and other old timers
b) His first game Vs North Melbourne in 1978
c) The champions from the 1985 season
d) His reflections on being at the 2016 Grand Final
e) His prediction who'd win a match between the 1985 and 2016 teams
f) The best players he played with and against
g) Bulldog Quiz

Last edited:
Inside The Kennel is a new podcast exclusively for past Footscray/Western Bulldogs players, that I have produced.

Dougie Hawkins will be our co-host throughout 2023!

The aim is to digitally store the journeys of all living past Bulldogs, so their stories can be preserved. Please support the channel and let me know your thoughts on the Dougie interview. He is a diamond.

Dougie features as the interviewee in Episode One here:

Fantastic! What a great idea.

Get Ricky Kennedy on to tell us about his cheeky phsyical work on his opponents.

You could also get supporters to write in their story of growing up a Doggies supporter and read one each week - I don't think our own journey's are recognised enough.

I think he actually undersold him saying he might be in the top 6 or 7... but I can only remember as far back as 1983.
Doug is a savvy judge - I think he has EJ, Dempsey, Templeton, Grant and West right up there and Bont hot on their heels. It's pretty good company. Did you hear what he predicted about the Bont to end that segment?

Watch Doug in the quiz in the last five mins of the interview. He's pretty handy with Bulldog general knowledge!! See how many you can answer compared to him!

Click to 50 min mark to hear Dougie explain who would win a match if the 2016 Premiers played against his 1985 Prelim Team!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast Interview with Doug Hawkins (Nov 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back