Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media keeps saying that the Ash tackle is exactly the same as the Jones tackle... so you know it's death by media

Yeah, the media have already declared that Jones is missing next game. I don't remember the last time that someone avoided suspension with this carry on.

Another back to the past game in the rat. Just needed some more rain to make it perfect. When Daniels and Bedford withdrew, it was a no brainer that we would win but it was quite a struggle in the wind.

Saw the mid field strippers in action as the game is close and they were much better than those parading at My Bare Lady at the Savoy in the 70’s. It is amazing to see the way Libba, the bont etc hit the arm of the opposition when they are trying to clear the pack. Even a gun like Tom green lost the ball this way yesterday. Such skill.

Plastics are very well coached. Colonel Hogan exploits the Tom Hawkins rule better than the cats ff. Every time he is in a contested situation, Hogan pushes an opponent in the back and gets away with it. No wonder he takes so many marks above his head.

The same could be seen in defence where they play a modified tunnel on the opposition forwards when flying for the ball. Not enough to really hurt the opponent but with sufficient intent that it minimises the chances of them taking a mark.

Crowd was into it but we still have too many introverts from our past lack of success and need to be loud and proud when tackling the hawks.

Last edited:
Media keeps saying that the Ash tackle is exactly the same as the Jones tackle... so you know it's death by media

And yet none of them put them next to each other to see if it is.

I think he gets a week and we appeal and get footage that it’s his shoulder that impacts first

Hopefully low impact

It’s unfortunate, but he’s getting a week. The only thing going for him/us is that the precedent doesn’t seem to mean much from week to week so maybe the chaotic nature of the process helps.

He’ll obviously be missed, but it’s not like the hawks have a bunch of tall forwards we need to worry about. JOD and Lobb likely running off Dear and Chol and have mediums/smalls for the rest anyway.

It’s unfortunate, but he’s getting a week. The only thing going for him/us is that the precedent doesn’t seem to mean much from week to week so maybe the chaotic nature of the process helps.

He’ll obviously be missed, but it’s not like the hawks have a bunch of tall forwards we need to worry about. JOD and Lobb likely running off Dear and Chol and have mediums/smalls for the rest anyway.

Dangerfields is exactly like Jones' and he got off. Who knows how it all plays out.

The coinflip continues

It's kind of funny that Bont can have such an excellent, probably BOG (11 clearances) game and it goes uncommented on.

It's almost we've become so accustomed to these types of performances that idiots in the media will look at the next shiny object than just accept Bont's the best player in it.

Plenty of discussion on the Fox coverage about him...
It will be a very interesting call Brownlow night, that's for sure.
I thought Dale was BOG, and Richards definitely in the votes, but yeah, as you and others mentioned it's the 1%'s that Bont is on a totally different level than anyone else. Do the umpires notice?
Hope so.

I think we’re all forgetting the most important factor in the AFLs decision here…

Liam Jones is a pretty good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Matthews : "Without putting them side by side, it's easily a week "
Exhibit A

But Leigh lets take into account the Charlie Cameron card.

He is a good bloke, walks old women across the road, does community work that no one knows about, has taken Arty Jones and JUH under his wings and is a leader at the club, pick us rubbish and put it into the bin etc etc

Last edited:
Robbo’s column trying to hang Jones. While he admits there is an argument that Cadman’s head didn’t hit the ground, he should still be suspended as it was an aggressive tackle. Unreal.
We need to tackle softly and very, very gently. My 3YO daughter would be suspended every single time if that was the case. She tackles hard and high

This is getting embarrassing now:

"Jones was penalised for the tackle just 18 seconds into Sunday's 37-point win over the Giants. As Cadman took possession inside 50, Jones pinned his right arm and drove him into the ground, with the forward's head slamming hard into the turf."

The media are really pushing... can't even get the facts right either.

My thought was always a fine. I think people were getting a bit over the top with the slinging motion - while it was a dangerous tackle, the suspensions are for when the tackler clearly understands that their motion would put the head in contact with the ground at force. Not only was there no force, there was basically no contact at all.

This is getting embarrassing now:

"Jones was penalised for the tackle just 18 seconds into Sunday's 37-point win over the Giants. As Cadman took possession inside 50, Jones pinned his right arm and drove him into the ground, with the forward's head slamming hard into the turf."

The media are really pushing... can't even get the facts right either.

Yeah that's just trial by media at that point. Presenting a more sensational version of events to drive more outrage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back