Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reviving the Hawks hate will great. They won a 3 peat not even 10 years ago and their fans are acting like they are breaking some 50 year curse. Funny how the Hawks supporter base is non existent unless they are absolutely flying.
Easily the team in Melbourne with the most glory-hunting bandwagon flogs along with Essington

Something that baffles me is how did Greene not give away a free kick to English when he picked up and dumped him after the whistle was blown. This is why the Toby tax isn't real, guy is an absolute campaigner who rarely faces the consequences of his actions.

Umps didnt see it

So after a dismal start, we've ended up with the number 1 defence and number 2 attack in the entire league.

It's a shame that we couldn't have eeked out another win during the season to put us into 3rd position. It would've been a fitting result for the performances we've generally put in this season. Instead we're going to have to take the tough road again but if anyone is going to be able to do it again, it's this group. They're playing a different style of football at the moment, it's much more mature than what we've seen in the past.

Fantastic win! Great atmosphere standing on the hill. Bring on the Hawks!

The sling tackle stuff is a joke, Cadman's shoulder hit the ground first and he had one arm free. If Jones gets a week I'd appeal it and my defence would be the vision of the Danger tackle on Walsh, on a loop for as long as it takes for them to let him off.

So after a dismal start, we've ended up with the number 1 defence and number 2 attack in the entire league.

It's a shame that we couldn't have eeked out another win during the season to put us into 3rd position. It would've been a fitting result for the performances we've generally put in this season. Instead we're going to have to take the tough road again but if anyone is going to be able to do it again, it's this group. They're playing a different style of football at the moment, it's much more mature than what we've seen in the past.
There were a couple during the year that we should have just won.

Geel in Adel
Hawks at Marvel
Syd in Syd (barring injuries)

Going back through the results, we really have put some teams away this year

Defence is miserly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bollocks to all the “We need to play the Hawks at Marvel!” talk.

Finals are at the MCG, let’s embrace it and not turn into a bunch of Chris Scott’s.

Great win today, we were very professional, limited them when they had the breeze and took advantage when we had it.

Let’s go Dogs.
Yeah I’d rather get Carlton but let’s be honest - you have to win at the G and while Hawthorn have been good I don’t see them as being harder than Brisbane at the Gabba or Sydney at the SCG.

WRT arty playing vdm’s role, how similar is the game plan of the VFL team? has he been playing that role there?

Arty has generally been running further up the ground over the last couple of months, he's not quite like for like with Laith but I think he could pretty easily cover his role.

With Coniglio looking cooked does anyone else feel that GWS lack midfield depth?

They have a lot riding on Green and Callaghan being that one-two punch in the middle. Kelly still looks like he has a good 3 or 4 years left in him but he had two injury breaks this season of 4 and 5 games respectively and they were both calf injuries which tend to be old man injuries.
They really need to look to finding a replacement for Coniglio though, maybe Peatling is that replacement but I'm not sure.

Arty has generally been running further up the ground over the last couple of months, he's not quite like for like with Laith but I think he could pretty easily cover his role.

Perhaps the MC will prefer vdms experience

Fantastic win! Great atmosphere standing on the hill. Bring on the Hawks!

The sling tackle stuff is a joke, Cadman's shoulder hit the ground first and he had one arm free. If Jones gets a week I'd appeal it and my defence would be the vision of the Danger tackle on Walsh, on a loop for as long as it takes for them to let him off.
If Liam pinned both arms it would be a suspension for sure.
One arm pinned, no slinging motion, I don't think that's what the rule is there for.

With Coniglio looking cooked does anyone else feel that GWS lack midfield depth?
The high end midfield talent they have had for almost a decade now has dried up a bit. Cogs is looking cooked, won't be surprised to see him play perm small forward, still owed $2m over the next two years as well.

If Liam pinned both arms it would be a suspension for sure.
One arm pinned, no slinging motion, I don't think that's what the rule is there for.
I tip he will get offered a week, and then we will appeal it.
But I am not heaps confident on winning the appeal. Weeks ago I'd count it as a likely win, following the AFLs own, and the appeals tribunals own interpretations around tackling and arms etc. But the AFL has since kept moving the goal posts, changing things to suit their narrative on what is, or isn't allowed. Making it harder for players to get off.

I can see two appeals happening.

I tip he will get offered a week, and then we will appeal it.
But I am not heaps confident on winning the appeal. Weeks ago I'd count it as a likely win, following the AFLs own, and the appeals tribunals own interpretations around tackling and arms etc. But the AFL has since kept moving the goal posts, changing things to suit their narrative on what is, or isn't allowed. Making it harder for players to get off.

I can see two appeals happening.

If there’s ever a time to appeal twice, it’s now.

It's kind of funny that Bont can have such an excellent, probably BOG (11 clearances) game and it goes uncommented on.

It's almost we've become so accustomed to these types of performances that idiots in the media will look at the next shiny object than just accept Bont's the best player in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back