Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Dub clearly didnt watch much of him. he's pretty good when the ball hits the deck for a big bloke
Maybe Gee Dub spent too much time at the Gee Dub drinking happy hour pints before watching the TAC Cup ;)

Something sadly no longer possible since the off season sale of said premises :'(:'(:'(

Relevance?
What was the point of Hawthorn ranking him at 19?
Did they think he would slide to 88?

All clubs rank their potential draftees. Hawthorn would have had their draft plans in place & ready to go until they went all Crazy Vossy & traded the farm to get their greasy paws on JOM.

For what it's worth the Dogs apparently didn't rate Battle at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All clubs rank their potential draftees. Hawthorn would have had their draft plans in place & ready to go until they went all Crazy Vossy & traded the farm to get their greasy paws on JOM.

For what it's worth the Dogs apparently didn't rate Battle at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, SaintsSeptember posted the same thing to me.
I didn't see how the Hawthorn reference was relevant given they were effectively out of the draft, and however they rated Battle it was never going to effect their picks.
But I can see how rating all players in a draft, irrespective of picks, would be useful from an historical perspective.

Thanks, SaintsSeptember posted the same thing to me.
I didn't see how the Hawthorn reference was relevant given they were effectively out of the draft, and however they rated Battle it was never going to effect their picks.
But I can see how rating all players in a draft, irrespective of picks, would be useful from an historical perspective.
It has nothing to do with historical perspective at all.
They had live picks in the draft so they, like all clubs, had a list ranking players 1 to 100 and ticked the players off as they were called. When their first pick became available, they then referred to their list and simply picked the highest rated player not taken as their first pick.

It has nothing to do with historical perspective at all.
They had live picks in the draft so they, like all clubs, had a list ranking players 1 to 100 and ticked the players off as they were called. When their first pick became available, they then referred to their list and simply picked the highest rated player not taken as their first pick.

I've always wondered why teams take so long to pick, and even ask for extra time; if there's a simple list in front of them? Is it that a player they don't expect to be available? If that's the case why would they need extra time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs maybe?

Do you take the 11th best mid or the 3rd best tall defender?

This.

They may have a clear best pick based on overalls, but if their 6th through 10th best mids are available, whereas their 7th best forward is available and the next best is the 15th, then it may pay to get the forward even if he is worse on the overall list, because if the forward is picked before their next selection, there's a giant drop off whereas not so much for the midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back