Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

You are a marvel GJD. I take back all those nasty things I said to you last year after the Sydney match

You do a great job with the club and your heart is in the right place
Feelings mutual pal :)

FB is probably a better live stream option than any AFL connected site, the video player is horrible and often drops quality randomly (might just be me?).

That seems to be a built in feature of the AFL vidoes. It's an amazing example of what happens when two spectacularly bad organisations (AFL+Telstra) collaborate on a product.

That seems to be a built in feature of the AFL vidoes. It's an amazing example of what happens when two spectacularly bad organisations (AFL+Telstra) collaborate on a product.
I've found that if you skip to a later part in the video immediately once it starts playing and then click back to the beginning, the quality improves straight away.

Also I think the video defaults to 'auto' quality - It was always baffling how the video and audio would suddenly turn to crap during every single video.
If you manually change it to 'high' it shouldn't keep happening, but I think you might have to do it on every single video.
That's just my experience anyway.

Is there a reason as to why the saints intra club match is quite a bit later than other clubs intra clubs?
Probably due to us not playing during the first week of the pre season games.

Legendary. Do you think there will be a playback option?
Depends on the media they use. I'm pretty sure if they use Facebook Live then you will be able to watch it back, if they use the Saints website I don't think the video player has playback functionality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... i finished a training session early Thursday and thought great i will have a look at the intra club. Couldn't believe my luck i got a close park when i rocked up at 330. By 4 i was a bit worried there was noone around so double checked the dates. Seems i was a week early...
You sure you weren't at Norths intra club ?

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been posted but anyway;

spiral3 said:
got down to training today and caught the intraclub, along with a couple of others, good to watch.
seemed like around 15min quarters with Leigh Fisher and another ump officiating
as Tony said, the contest was pretty tough, some good hits and endeavour. skills a bit hit and miss
Darragh Joyce got smashed by a couple of talls in the goal square (for the second time in the game I think), was slow to get up, went off and I don't think re-emerged
running laps - Joey and Freeman, both seemed to be moving fine

hard to track all the action with two full teams of saints and no numbers. observations as best I could make them
major ball winners, Jack Steven, Armo, Mav, Billings, D Mac, Sinclair, Gresh, Nick O'Kearney
Jack Steele was great in the first quarter, in everything, good competitor
Lonie was creative & dangerous
Ben Long kicked at least two, seems to have a handy knack of being in the right place at the right time. Good competitive spirit too
Acres covered the ground well and did some alright things
Billings found a lot of the ball but disposal was below his ability at times
Ray Connellan kicked a ripper goal on the run
Paddy kicked a couple and gave a strong aerial contest when he couldn't mark
Bruce marked well and got a couple I think
Membrey did well also, bringing the ball to ground when unable to mark it
DMac, great drive, good all round, stepping up for sure
Sinclair was good in patches
Gresh ditto, seemed to get better later in the game. Laid a couple of very strong tackles in one passage earlier in the game and was a bit sore
Ed Phillips - nice mover and good kick, seems pretty composed
Bailey Rice - I like this kid, he's no Adonis but he is tough, very competitive, composed and has a nice sharp kick on him. One of those backmen you feel like you can trust. He was good in the VFL final that I saw, good today in the contest
Battle - seemed to do well, got him a bit mixed up with Rowan Marshall
Dunstan, did some good things when he got it, delivers the ball nicely (the best?) inside 50
Seb - didn't notice him that much but when I did he did well
Carlisle - didn't catch my eye
Rucks - pretty competitive - Longer was all over Hickey in the first qtr bounces. They swapped around a lot and all had their moments. Holmesy seems to be improving as is Lewis Pierce (big unit)
Was surprised by Longer, did well, back to his 2015 ruckwork form. Took a mark in F50 but missed shot. None of the rucks really stood out around the ground.
Holmesy was competitive at ground level around the ground
Roo - roaming around, not the greatest playmaker, lacks the vision and execution of the good mids
Nick O'Kearney - goes alright, got a bit of footy and generally does something alright with it. takes a while to make his mind up though, generally shorter options

some recruiting staff were in attendance - Chris Toce, Tony Elshaug, Wayne Hughes
Coaches on the boundary and barking instruction from the roof top

OK totally confused now.

WTF is going on?
Have we had an Intraclub.
Is it on the 16th at 5pm
Am I going mad?
Yes 16th at 5pm, what I posted was training. Boys have been in match sim for a while so may look like a game but isn't.

Yes 16th at 5pm, what I posted was training. Boys have been in match sim for a while so may look like a game but isn't.

Well it is a game but not counted as an intraclub. They would have 2 or 3 fair dinkum intraclubs before the first pre season game but all clubs have one that they say is the intraclub game.

Well it is a game but not counted as an intraclub. They would have 2 or 3 fair dinkum intraclubs before the first pre season game but all clubs have one that they say is the intraclub game.
Thanks for that.

Thats you me and joop that are LUFC supporters.
No wonder they are in dire straights

Anothee leeds tragic here. Game agaisnt cardiff was the first ive been able to watch since the loss to liverpool in the cup. Getting twitchy about the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back