Game Day Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Mundy, Walters, crozier stand outs today.

Our midfield look incredible. The clearances were fast and effective.

Transition from backline to forward was much faster than last year.

Very accurate skills this early in the preseason too

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

Agree with the bests, also thought Neale was everywhere in a losing side, and Sandi's ruck work (vs only Moller/Hannath) was supreme.
Gumby did zero ruckwork FYI.

He ran to the right spots & got plenty of it. Disposal let him down but got better as the game wore on.

agreed...first half was sort of deer in the headlights playing against mundy and fyfe. Hardly got a touch but came on i, second half

Must be so different to Melbourne.

Anyway over and out.

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

Well my 22 at this stage:
Spurr, Dawson, Ibbo
Duffield, McPharlin, Johnson
Hill, Barlow, D Pearce
Crozier, Clarke/ Tabs/ Gumby, Mayne
Walters, Pav, Ballas

Ruck
Sandi, Fyfe, Crowley

Int:
Mundy, Neale, Sylvia

Sub: C Pearce

Only one of Clarke, Gumby or Tabs in.

Very unlucky: Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Suban

Will be refined as we see more of the guys.

Last edited:
I thought
Vandeleur looks a good prospect. Duffy played surprisingly well - didn't try to do too much with the ball. Sherro has put on some beef.
Wood is skilfull.
Crozier must play more games this season.
Clancee looked below par - bit rusty.
Fyfe is looking like an absolute beast! Walters is SO classy with the ball. Pav looking good.
Mundy quietly dominant.
Tanner smith played well but fluffed some kicks.

Reading the updates, it sounds promising when the barometers are playing well (Sandi Pav) and its never a bad thing to be spoilt for choice.

The midfield seems very promising, more than ever, its going to be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the fact that it's hard to pick a best 22. I can't remember having to think about it so much. Is it possible we could see a sort of "floating" line up?

Sutcliffe seems like the ideal guy to have if you are trying to exploit a team's lack of running power.

DeBoer could potential fill in as a midfielder when a bit of extra grunt might be required.

Neale could be the go to if we are going up against a particularly strong clearance unit.

Sheridan if you want a good all rounder.

And so on...

Also, I kind of think Kepler Bradley is the forgotten man. Was playing well before he got injured last year. I would not be surprised if he is the preffered choice (at least initially) over Gumbleton.

One last thing. Sonny is set to explode big time.

& I forgot Simpson. For a 1st round draft pick in his 2nd year - really poor. Looks undersized, unfit, hesitant & low on confidence - I'm calling him early as a wasted draft pick & future delisting.

Simpson did a couple nice things and laid a nice tackle towards the end but does need to get involved more. Shame he missed his set shot.

You'd hope Crozier will be finding gametime this season. Not sure that has to be at Ballas expense.
Yeah, I didn't know who else he'd chop out. De Boer's game is too negating for it to be straight swap. I guess if Croz builds up his tank, he can join in the midfield/forward rotation. Someone has to come out for him to come in, though.

Yeah, I didn't know who else he'd chop out. De Boer's game is too negating for it to be straight swap. I guess if Croz builds up his tank, he can join in the midfield/forward rotation. Someone has to come out for him to come in, though.

I think he'll take the spot that the Freo Mgmt expected Sylvia to take. Not to say Sylvia was bad. The kicking was a bit off but he worked hard and got involved. It's just that Crozier was doing all the special things that made him look a class above. His marking, kicking and efforts to pants Fyfe in a one on one contest were simply brilliant.

Reckon Croz will be pushing either Sherro, Sutty or even Suban out this year. He is a hard worker, smart user and kicks GOOALS!! Way to good to be in the WAFL.

Maybe once the team reaches such a level of dominance - there'll no longer be a need for our players to negate opposition players. Instead We win head to head, or they struggle to pick who out of our best 22 to negate? Just a thought.

Not too many surprises today. The old guys look awesome and played accordingly.
Sandi the dominant big man by so far its not even a contest. To be expected when he's only up against Hannath and Moller.
Pav was in 2nd gear and the classiest big forward by plenty. Please don't mention Taberner or Gumby in the same breath, they aren't in the same postcode. Gumby was the most disappointing player out there for mine. Miles off the pace at this point and just looks slow with poor lateral movement. Simpson the next most disappointing. Doesn't look like he wants to be there. Duffield ran past him easily at one point chasing a ball.
Mundy was incredible, man against boys at times, just runs away from clearances where he has no right to.
Fyfe was in beast mode at times. He is another that looks like he's brought his own footy at times.
The Duck Barlow just quietly racked it up.
Neale is a ball magnet and so composed and classy. His decision making is really as good as it gets for mine. So clever.
Crozier is way way too good to be playing for Peel. Racked up the ball, used it well and kicked a thumping goal off one step from 50.
Sheridan played well. Moves beautifully.
Michael Wood is super classy, great composure and an excellent user of it.
Vandeleur was impressive.
Duffy was much better than I expected. Did some nice things and made a set shot look easy.
Menagola impressed at times tagging Hill and got a bit of it himself.
Hill didn't get out of 1st gear much but did a couple of his trademark classy things.
Pearce D was everywhere and used it well. Pearce C a bit rusty. Pearce A is a likely prospect. Young and raw but not out of place at the level.
Sylvia showed his class at times, strong body too.
MJ was the best defender out there. Toyed with them at times. No one got near him and he just racked it up at will.
Spurr looked fit and no nonsense.
Walters looks incredible, so fit and lithe and he just looks beautiful with the ball in hand.
Balla was involved a lot but fumbled a lot too.
Enjoyable afternoon and good work by the club, the players were hanging around to sign autographs and hand out caps for the kids after.

Simpson did a couple nice things and laid a nice tackle towards the end but does need to get involved more. Shame he missed his set shot.
I spoke to an elderly couple who go to to every training session and go to all the games regardless of location. They reckon Simpson is dead set lazy. Last on the track, first in for a drink and first off the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back