intro for west coast song

Remove this Banner Ad

If they wanted a longer song then why didnt they just adopt the "For years they took the best of us" etc from the existing song?

Dunno how I feel about it. I dont like messing with tradition.
I'd guess because a number of our players are from SA and Vic and it potentially would isolate supporters from the other states

They should just chuck in
"so watch out all you know-it-alls...all you wise men from the east...you'll get more than just a footy game...you'll get a west coast eagles feast.."

thats the part that got the spine tingling back in the early to mid 90s

Dunno how I feel about it. I dont like messing with tradition.

I know the feeling but it's hardly some 400 year old tune. The club is still young enough for traditions to be messed with, improved on.

Not really sure on it myself, but it was kinda cool. Could be a shit ton worse that's for sure. Hearing it a bunch more times will wear it in nicely.

I dont like messing with tradition.
Adding some words has nothing on this monstrosity
1522060020317_GDS1HOONR.1-2.jpg

But in all seriousness, getting flags is our tradition. And we continuously learn, adapt and improve to get there.

The new verses remind me of the team rocket theme from the old school Pokemon anime for whatever reason.
oh shitttttt the rhymes

Born is pride,

from isolation

Our fortress built,

we cross the nation

To protect the world,

from devastation

To unite all peoples,

within our nation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like it.

Reminds me of the North Melbourne song where theres a bit of chanting that leads into the more rhythmic part of their song.

The key difference being ours doesn’t include the lyrics “lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today.”

Why are the freo floggos melting over it lol
Cos their song is just lyrical genius isn't it.

I’ve never seen a supporter base more obsessed with their rivals than they are with their own club.

Seriously, every time I go for a lurk on the Freo board all I see is WeT ToAsT ScUm

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back