intro for west coast song

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff about timing w/the chant.
Was thinking you could squeeze the tom roll between "our will to win will never die" and "we're the eagles" etc though, which could be kinda cool.

But it might also be too long a pause and I'm possibly one beat out somewhere. There's a reason I'm more of a guitarist than a drummer. Nice breakdown btw, you described that well

Or let's just go w/"Will never" and have one random bar in 5/4 or something :think:

Schofield on the coast to coast podcast he does now with Travis king and Daniel Kerr said it was the club that approached the players about changing the song and they got on board

Sounded very much like it was still a work in progress

He also said he’s pissed that there’s no banner at home games

It has to be “won’t”, not “will never”. You have to remember this isn’t a stand alone song, but an intro to the Eagles song. The new chant has to finish with three beats, because the fourth beat already exists (“we’re the”).

I’m trying to figure out how to convey this over text, so bear with me:

Sing the normal eagles song (We’re the eagles...) in your head, but count it in first.

1, 2, 3, We’re the Eagles is correct.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles isn’t, it’s off beat.

The beat of the Eagles song starts on the word “Eagles”, not on “We’re the”. It’s the same reason you can start the song with a long “we’re” (Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee’rrrrrrreeeeee the Eagles) and it’s fine, but you can’t do “We’re the Eeeeeeaaaaaaaaagleeeeeeees” because it throws the whole thing off.

Counting it in 1, 2, 3, 4 Eagles works.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles doesn’t.

Similarly, counting it in but replacing 1, 2, 3, 4 with words instead:
(1) (2) (3) (4)
Will win die we’re the Eagles.

The whole thing, with the beats bolded.

Born is pride from iso-lation our
For-tress built we cross the na-tion our
Col-ours share the west coast sky our
Will to win won’t die we’re the
Eagles...

Tl:dr The way it’s written is correct with the current song but yes, does look a bit odd when looked at as a seperate song. You may now hang shit on me for being a nerd.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an original, same as the dockers except for the now removed freo heave ho intro

Dockers tune isn’t an original, it’s based on “Song of the Volga Boatmen”

H

yeah, only the Freo Heave Ho part, which isnt even a part of the song now.

'Freo Way to Go' and 'We're the Rollers we're the rockers' are not from that song

There you go, didn't know they dropped it

Then of course you rarely hear them sing the song so it's easy to miss

There you go, didn't know they dropped it

Then of course you rarely hear them sing the song so it's easy to miss
They removed all of the parts with the 'Freo Heave Ho'

It's amazing how much better their song is without that 'verse'. Still terrible, but way better than it used to be.

Bit like us removing that cringey 'Hey Eagles' bit from the start of our song

Remove this Banner Ad

intro for west coast song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back