Iran Conflict 2019 - ??

Remove this Banner Ad

To do what Terry Wallace did in 09.

Threatening Iran is always a good move. Maybe he's trying to settle nervous markets.

He threw the ball back into the Saudis court, so he's not serious.

He's gunna get sacked as president and replaced by Jade Rawlings?

Interesting.

The Yemen situation may just be complicated enough to confuse the public.

This is a much better effort than that tanker attack a few months back.

Who would've thought Iran is capable of launching stealth attacks deep into enemy territory. I thought they didn't have the technology required for such mission against the Saudis who certainly don't lack with billions of dollars worth of weaponry procured from US. Unless they themselves wanted these attacks to succeed. Would serve as a great pretext I suppose for a future conflict some are itching for.

Who would've thought Iran is capable of launching stealth attacks deep into enemy territory. I thought they didn't have the technology required for such mission against the Saudis who certainly don't lack with billions of dollars worth of weaponry procured from US. Unless they themselves wanted these attacks to succeed. Would serve as a great pretext I suppose for a future conflict some are itching for.

Technology and military superiority has had a habit of being usurped by asymmetrical warfare, arguably since Agincourt.

This is the latest iteration.

Technology and military superiority has had a habit of being usurped by asymmetrical warfare, arguably since Agincourt.

So essentially this regime is using foreign nationals as bargaining chips (hostages) for wider political reasons.

Sick, twisted regime.

While Australian officials insist Canberra’s decision to commit to a US-led mission to protect ships travelling through the Strait of Hormuz is unconnected to the detention of its citizens, Tehran has a history of using individuals ruthlessly as bargaining chips in a wider geopolitical game.

Hostage taking, or “hostage diplomacy”, has a lengthy tail in the history of the Islamic Republic, going back to the November 4, 1979, seizure of the American embassy in Tehran and a siege that ensued for 444 days. Fifty-two Americans were held hostage for more than a year.

More recently, Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian was held in Iran for 544 days before being released with three other Iranian-Americans as part of a prisoner swap in 2016, just before economic sanctions on Iran were lifted under the terms of the nuclear deal. In recent weeks, Iran has also detained a UK-flagged oil carrier in the Persian Gulf. The Stena Impero remains in Iranian custody, but members of its crew have been let go

There's nothing asymmetrical about this attack though. Pennetrating air defenses deep into enemy territory to carry out a strike against a more modern air defense system in the world is typical attack alas US/Israel. We've been told that Iran has ageing and questionable technology so to be able to carry out an attack of this size, the US troops and Israel must be worried then. Either this or maybe the point I made in my previous post

So essentially this regime is using foreign nationals as bargaining chips (hostages) for wider political reasons.

Sick, twisted regime.

While Australian officials insist Canberra’s decision to commit to a US-led mission to protect ships travelling through the Strait of Hormuz is unconnected to the detention of its citizens, Tehran has a history of using individuals ruthlessly as bargaining chips in a wider geopolitical game.

Hostage taking, or “hostage diplomacy”, has a lengthy tail in the history of the Islamic Republic, going back to the November 4, 1979, seizure of the American embassy in Tehran and a siege that ensued for 444 days. Fifty-two Americans were held hostage for more than a year.

More recently, Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian was held in Iran for 544 days before being released with three other Iranian-Americans as part of a prisoner swap in 2016, just before economic sanctions on Iran were lifted under the terms of the nuclear deal. In recent weeks, Iran has also detained a UK-flagged oil carrier in the Persian Gulf. The Stena Impero remains in Iranian custody, but members of its crew have been let go

Andrew Bolt, is that you?! No longer content with sprouting your filth in the mainstream media - you have to resort to forums now as well! LoL

Keen to get your intellectual view on the justification of keeping three innocent Aussies hostage.

So, tell us about what you know about the regime that was replaced by the current theocracy?

FWIW the Australians who were there sound like they were doing stuff that was either espionage, or they are so stupid they probably deserve a fright like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nothing asymmetrical about this attack though. Pennetrating air defenses deep into enemy territory to carry out a strike against a more modern air defense system in the world is typical attack alas US/Israel. We've been told that Iran has ageing and questionable technology so to be able to carry out an attack of this size, the US troops and Israel must be worried then. Either this or maybe the point I made in my previous post
Here’s the kicker, Iran ranks fifth in the world for graduating stem engineers. Because of the sanctions a lot of their tech has been developed in house.
They’ll actually be a lot more advance then Iraq was.

Btw there’s rumours the attack was launched from inside Saudi boarders. That’s why they’re very hesitant to show trajectory.

Here’s the kicker, Iran ranks fifth in the world for graduating stem engineers. Because of the sanctions a lot of their tech has been developed in house.
They’ll actually be a lot more advance then Iraq was.

Btw there’s rumours the attack was launched from inside Saudi boarders. That’s why they’re very hesitant to show trajectory.
Most of my Iranian friends (including women) were engineers of various types. It's obviously valued quite highly there.

Those ones that were flying drones weren’t doing espionage, they’re just morons.
I don’t know man, I’m with JeanLucGoddard on this one.
They seem young dumb university graduate who’ve been doing their bit for ASIO to me..
There’s not many coincidences when it comes to filming off the beaten track military base.

Last edited:
Especially when the special forces can embed into cities and observe for themselves.
There’s a massive difference between intel gathering, plausible deniability and military officers.
Special forces in Iran would stick out like a sore thumb.

Most of the guys in intel wouldn’t have been thru basic training.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Iran Conflict 2019 - ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back