Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really irritatin, just looks strange. There's a guy clearly doing arm day wearing a belt.

Better get that lower back support for those cable curls.
There's a guy at my gym who wears a belt every second of every workout in the gym.

Don't think I've ever seen him do a deadlift or squat either. Absolute pleb

There's a guy at my gym who wears a belt every second of every workout in the gym.

Don't think I've ever seen him do a deadlift or squat either. Absolute pleb

I think calling him a pleb is harsh. For all we know he could have a back injury that makes him unable to do squats or deadlifts. If wearing a belt means that he's able to go into the gym and at least do something to get fit, then I say good on him. I know I was born with my spine mildly aligned to the right (it isn't an uncommon condition), so it's best that I steer clear of lifts that place heavy strain on the back and he could be in the same boat.

I think calling him a pleb is harsh. For all we know he could have a back injury that makes him unable to do squats or deadlifts. If wearing a belt means that he's able to go into the gym and at least do something to get fit, then I say good on him. I know I was born with my spine mildly aligned to the right (it isn't an uncommon condition), so it's best that I steer clear of lifts that place heavy strain on the back and he could be in the same boat.
Anything is possible but this bloke just looks like a flog (shit tattoos, top knot, gay stringer singlets, etc) the belt is merely the cherry on top of the pleb sundae.

Anything is possible but this bloke just looks like a flog (shit tattoos, top knot, gay stringer singlets, etc) the belt is merely the cherry on top of the pleb sundae.

Yeah. my gyms ****boi turned tonight. found out he was on roids too.

tonight he wore really short tight yellow shorts and i could see his wang.

good points made mate!!!

just one thing. if your spine is to the right, it's not aligned :D

Itsines and flogs bringing skipping ropes into the laydown/stretching area.

Both of those things are specifically designed so you dont need a gym to do them.

Also two stupid women who do some ridiculous circuit that involved a bench, a mat, a treadmill, about 45 different free weights and bands. Legit occupy about 1/3 of the gym equipment for their 45 minute circuit.

Damn it feels good to get that off my chest.

Had the same thing Monday. Silly woman doing floor exercises in the power rack while I waited for her to finish a pretty shit BW circuit so I could actually use the rack.

Looked embarrassed when she moved on, like she finally realized how selfish she'd been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was doing some rope pulls this morning. Finished a set and went to fill up my water bottle (left towel/phone etc by the pulley that I was using). Walk back and some middle aged woman was removing my rope. I said "hey, excuse me, I've got a couple more sets left using that one". She replied with "Oh, there's another one over there" and walked off with mine.

The ****.

I was doing some rope pulls this morning. Finished a set and went to fill up my water bottle (left towel/phone etc by the pulley that I was using). Walk back and some middle aged woman was removing my rope. I said "hey, excuse me, I've got a couple more sets left using that one". She replied with "Oh, there's another one over there" and walked off with mine.

The ****.

Unless the tap to fill up your bottle was right in the vicinity of where you were exercising, I don't see why this lady is being criticised. You should have either filled up your bottle earlier or waited until you had finished using the rope and then gone and filled up your bottle. You can't just 'reserve' the equipment by leaving your towel and phone there while you bugger off and do something else.

latest

Unless the tap to fill up your bottle was right in the vicinity of where you were exercising, I don't see why this lady is being criticised. You should have either filled up your bottle earlier or waited until you had finished using the rope and then gone and filled up your bottle. You can't just 'reserve' the equipment by leaving your towel and phone there while you bugger off and do something else.
Absolute garbage. I fill up my water bottle about 3 times during my workout. And no, I can't time it perfectly to be empty once I've finished on a particular piece of equipment. There's many things wrong with this -

1) I was legitimately gone for a maximum of 30 seconds
2) Everyone knows equipment is being used if a towel/water/phone/whatever is left there.
3) THERE WAS ANOTHER ROPE SITTING ON THE RACK THING FOR HER TO USE!!! And she knew about it.
4) When I informed her I was still using the rope, she still took it anyway and completely disregarded me. She obviously thought I was too big or something :cool:

Absolute garbage. I fill up my water bottle about 3 times during my workout. And no, I can't time it perfectly to be empty once I've finished on a particular piece of equipment. There's many things wrong with this -

1) I was legitimately gone for a maximum of 30 seconds
2) Everyone knows equipment is being used if a towel/water/phone/whatever is left there.
3) THERE WAS ANOTHER ROPE SITTING ON THE RACK THING FOR HER TO USE!!! And she knew about it.
4) When I informed her I was still using the rope, she still took it anyway and completely disregarded me. She obviously thought I was too big or something :cool:

Amen brother. Leaving your towel on the equipment is the universal sign for "don't touch my stuff"

Amen brother. Leaving your towel on the equipment is the universal sign for "don't touch my stuff"
Yep, unless you are using the towel to reserve one piece of equipment whilst using another and you are going to be back within a couple of minutes (time to take a whiz or top up your drink) then leave it. Equipment hogs or nomads who return after ten minutes can GAGF though.

Yep, unless you are using the towel to reserve one piece of equipment whilst using another and you are going to be back within a couple of minutes (time to take a whiz or top up your drink) then leave it. Equipment hogs or nomads who return after ten minutes can GAGF though.

Yeah I agree, but as the bloke said he went to fill up his water and was 30 seconds. What's the difference in standing next to your machine for a minute or using that minute to go fill up a water bottle?

When it's quiet I will superset between machines but if it's busy I won't even bother

Exactly. Every now and then I'll superset and leave my stuff at my main machine/bench/whatever of use. If someone jumps on the other whilst I'm not there, I don't complain.

Obviously just irritated because it was quiet and there was another for her to take. Felt like raging. But I am the bigger man.

If it's busy you can GAGF trying to use multiple machines, circuits are for quiet time. If there's bugger all people around knock yourself out.

I went at 9.30pm on Saturday night and it was dead, big boys using like 4 different sets of Dumbbells and two machines each. Was all good, wait a few mins and they free up anyway.

Two brahs doing bicep curls with just the barbell in the squat rack.

While I'm at it, there's been a couple of blokes who do a 45 session that involves only doing pull ups and variations off. But they use a squat rack, frustrating when they can just use one of the 4-5 other stations that have places to do pull ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back