Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might go workout xmas day. Is a lovely quiet af day to go.

And i dont over eat anyway on xmas, like I'll take home left overs for sure. But i dont see the fun in eating until you feel like vomiting.
I’m the opposite, come Christmas Day I will have been on a strict meal plan and won’t have had a drink for 9 weeks. I’m going to absolutely destroy myself Christmas Day. :p

I’m the opposite, come Christmas Day I will have been on a strict meal plan and won’t have had a drink for 9 weeks. I’m going to absolutely destroy myself Christmas Day. :p

Im not saying i dont eat... its just i dont go nuts.

But cool as, whatever you want, it is xmas after all.

Two gyms is fine if you can afford it.

I’m with anytime fitness so I’m always close to one. There is another gym close to home and Work this $2.20 for a casual visit

Curling in the squat rack is fine as long as the weight is greater than any pre fixed barbell in the gym

Im not saying i dont eat... its just i dont go nuts.

But cool as, whatever you want, it is xmas after all.

Yeah I’m the same - I personally find the flavour of roasts and Christmas spreads pretty bland. My taste palate is too strong for it, and chucking in extra gravy or something is pretty average.

#aznproblems

I always train legs on Christmas Day, all for scallop potatoes

Yeah I’m the same - I personally find the flavour of roasts and Christmas spreads pretty bland. My taste palate is too strong for it, and chucking in extra gravy or something is pretty average.

#aznproblems

Im half greek so we get some great lamb on a spit (sometimes) and pastisio, etc. Still have the turkey + seafood, but i think the greek dishes also mix it up a bit. I hate ham, like i know its leg of ham but you have ham every ****ing day what is the point of ham on xmas day idk.

Not a huge fan of xmas pudding either.

I've started another habit that will prob annoy the crap out of people.

I've been using a tabata timer app during HIIT work outs. My headphones are ****** and I don't like having my phone in my pocket while I'm doing burpees and stuff, so I just have my phone on the ground playing out loud.
I hate you and i dont even go to the same gym

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've started another habit that will prob annoy the crap out of people.

I've been using a tabata timer app during HIIT work outs. My headphones are ****** and I don't like having my phone in my pocket while I'm doing burpees and stuff, so I just have my phone on the ground playing out loud.

Legend!!!

I have my mp3 device in my pocket when I'm doing physical activity.

Rocky IV - Hearts on fire = good workout music :).

People who slam weight stacks down at the end of sets.

Bonus points if they let out a huge grunt at the same time!!

you can handle more weight on the eccentric portion of a lift so this excuse shows that the lifter frankly has no clue or mentally weak
Or they busted their ****foo valve trying to get it up, and couldn’t control it back down. If they are going heavy it’s going to make some noise, lol. It’s a gym for christ sake.

Or they busted their ****foo valve trying to get it up, and couldn’t control it back down. If they are going heavy it’s going to make some noise, lol. It’s a gym for christ sake.
noise from the person and dropping the weights is different though

Eddie Hall failed a DL world record from dropping the weight, if they can get the big guys in the comps to put the weight down gently then the guy smashing out 80kg bouncing deads or dropping from waist height after each rep is doing it wrong

noise from the person and dropping the weights is different though

Eddie Hall failed a DL world record from dropping the weight, if they can get the big guys in the comps to put the weight down gently then the guy smashing out 80kg bouncing deads or dropping from waist height after each rep is doing it wrong
I more took it as your average gym goer doing 150kg deads for sets of 3 reps or the like, not someone dropping 80kg. Yeah I can understand the frustration if they are not near their 1rm and just dropping it for the sake of it, but otherwise I can sort of understand.

I more took it as your average gym goer doing 150kg deads for sets of 3 reps or the like, not someone dropping 80kg. Yeah I can understand the frustration if they are not near their 1rm and just dropping it for the sake of it, but otherwise I can sort of understand.
I've seen guys lift heavy and they smash the weights down from warm up all the way up

It's habit, like when they use mixed grip from their first set all the way up

like they only think the up part counts as exercise and the down part is a waste

I saw a guy doing this with barbell bench press the other day

he was literally bouncing every rep off his chest, didn't look like he was controlling the bar on the way down at all

I've seen guys lift heavy and they smash the weights down from warm up all the way up

It's habit, like when they use mixed grip from their first set all the way up

like they only think the up part counts as exercise and the down part is a waste

I saw a guy doing this with barbell bench press the other day

he was literally bouncing every rep off his chest, didn't look like he was controlling the bar on the way down at all
Stop being so negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back