Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

“Most” people I know who use a PT do it for accountability. The “if I paid for it I don’t wanna waste it” which is completely fine, aside from high level athletes refining stuff most PTs don’t do much beyond the accountability stuff. Personally think your much better off coming up with a more intirinisc motivator. I prefer working out solo by so much it’s not funny but group stuff can be fun too!
If you need to do that then jfc just give up already haha.

I wouldn't mind someone to go through and say check things properly for correct form with us but beyond that a couple times I don't see the point. Looks like it costs a heap too.

People talking to me about the gym annoys me - but I recognize that as me being anti-social.

However - IF someone interrupts a set to ask how many there are - I will definitely add 3 sets and some longer rest times.
This has actually happened.

"Hey mate, yeah sorry, just wondering if you're gonna be much longer?"

And I said "Yep, I am. 5 more sets. 12 reps each. 60 seconds rest between each. I'm gonna be a while".

Grotto on suspension boo!

Hope hes ok.

Just catching up with the fitness threads and a few pages back I did read Grotto almost snotted someone in the gym for talking to him.

I caught myself quietly nodding in approval "go on my son" but glad he didn't go on with it.

As old mate phantom always says violence doesn't solve anything. It just makes you feel awesome cool and grouse temporarily until the police arrive.

Hope hes ok.

Just catching up with the fitness threads and a few pages back I did read Grotto almost snotted someone in the gym for talking to him.

I caught myself quietly nodding in approval "go on my son" but glad he didn't go on with it.

As old mate phantom always says violence doesn't solve anything. It just makes you feel awesome cool and grouse temporarily until the police arrive.
What would I know man, don’t listen to me.

In other news I got my refund today (3 weeks after the Vcat order and only following another email to them from me).

As a parting shot gym manager called Ms and misspelled my surname. I’m sure he feels like this is a moral victory.
Oh no what a sick burn. :fire::fire:

****ing tool.

Yeah I've heard some famous dude walks like 10-15 minutes after every meal, apparently worked well or him

I'm a student in the community sector with an unhealthy passion for wogball, though covid regulations have screwed me up, particularly with high daily cases and spotfires happening everywhere and students get basically treated the same as volunteers, so we're bottom of the barrel in terms of priority to operations. So in limbo at the moment over the holidays, dunno when I can resume but I've nearly finished, so taking the advantage to address my health best I can while I've got the time. I used to work hospitality for a while though, so that's where some of my bad sleeping habits developed I'd say.

I also got sucked into the whole become a PT phase around 2010-11 when I was 22 about a year before my L4-5 got pushed out of place, had a couple of female clients that I'd train mainly HIIT at the local park every Friday morning, but gave that up once the back got really bad, but yeah, always loved fitness but I've learnt more watching a couple hundred hours of fitness YouTube over the last 2 years than I ever did in the classroom or at the gym from the gym brahs, just one big money making scam imo these finish in 8-10 weeks cert 3s/4s, only the basics are taught with nothing in proper detail, everything just glossed over. Programming and exercise selection in particular is where these courses really suck bigtime in, they'd prefer to train everyone the same way, full body, 1-3 times a week, no real compromises based on experience levels/fitness levels/age etc.
During his world's strongest man training, The Mountain used to walk 10 minutes after his second breakfast (and I think 1-2 of his other meals too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it painful, ive read alot about hernias but never actually seen or known anyone with

Its a shit. I was hitting PBs in deads and squats too. good news is its an abdominal one and small. Can be done through keyhole as a Day surgery. At my age pushing sixty its a relief its not something worse! I am going to have to cut down the calories and do daily cardio instead. It is pretty painful when sitting and I can't sleep on the side its on. The physio said I can't even do 2kg dumbell curls!!!

Its a sh*t. I was hitting PBs in deads and squats too. good news is its an abdominal one and small. Can be done through keyhole as a Day surgery. At my age pushing sixty its a relief its not something worse! I am going to have to cut down the calories and do daily cardio instead. It is pretty painful when sitting and I can't sleep on the side its on. The physio said I can't even do 2kg dumbell curls!!!
Whens the surgery? Hopefully not too long with elective on hold.

Is it painful, ive read alot about hernias but never actually seen or known anyone with one
Had one from birth, got it fixed when I was 4 maybe

obviously kids vs adults and modern surgery vs when I was a kid are different but I was in hospital for a few days

went to the gym late last night as I was working on my car... got there at 11:45, had a shower there to clean myself up (instead of waking up the missus showering at home) and nobody was there in the gym as I got there... after the shower, 5 blokes all chin-wagging all showed up and did more lip movements than any other muscle ahha good fun

went to the gym late last night as I was working on my car... got there at 11:45, had a shower there to clean myself up (instead of waking up the missus showering at home) and nobody was there in the gym as I got there... after the shower, 5 blokes all chin-wagging all showed up and did more lip movements than any other muscle ahha good fun
Ah yes, jaw day again. My old gym had quite a number of those types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back