Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Mike Thurston still claiming to be natural lol. 'Influencers' not being honest about it are the worst because they set unrealistic expectations for people.

Would also be common in the acting industry taking them, even in crap like home and away.
The Rock still claims to be clean and he looks 100x better now at 50 than he did at 30. The influencer/gym/body building industry is absurd tbh

I dont care if people take stuff though, nothing to do with me.

That skin head Isratel (?) dude that pops up on youtube heaps said he has nightmares, suicidal thoughts and all sorts from the stuff he takes. Tough break to not even look remotely good/normal. **** knows who looks at some of these guys and thinks "yep, that's the goal"

Off topic a bit but the guy that smashed the 100m freestyle wr at the Olympics is 99% taking something.
Firmly believe that the vast majority of athletes at the upper end of any even mildly lucrative sport are doing something.

Didnt know that, if you have a link, I would be interested in posting or at least offering my 5cents worth to it.
Will pop it in here tomorrow when I can do a laptop search.

Fwiw I’ve never done any but I had a mate who started powerlifting then body building years ago. He was cycling EVERYTHING you possibly could.

For years it seemed to not really have that much of an impact on him health or mental health wise but eventually it hit and hit HARD. Mental health especially. This bloke was massive and absolutely shredded at his physical peak. Adonis shit.

He’s been pretty pragmatic about it, I asked for him some advice when I blew my Achilles (if there was anything I could take to help rehab I absolutely would have), unfortunately tendons are a bitch to enhance.

I reckon at some point in the next few years I’ll wind up doing some (purely aesthetic) TRT (plenty of clinics for it now) and side effects are pretty minimal.

Aside from that I don’t think I’d bother at this point.

Very very very old thread now and was in the GD section (probably should be in here)

Probably depends on your definition of expensive. I’ve only fleetingly looked into it but it sat within the household budget
I looked at peptides but not actual clinic stuff. Couldn't find anything in Adelaide on my quick search

BPC157 seems to be what I need but buying online (and then injecting it) is a bit too trusting for my jaded mind to take on haha.

A) no guarantees you're actually getting that or any quality control included
B) if no quality control, whats actually in it
C) injecting yourself pretty hardcore imo

Fractured my thumb which never healed properly plus some dicky achiles and elbow issues sound perfect for that peptide but just can't follow through on doing it...

There's also this Phantom, close enough to a dedicated thread given it says enhancers in title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked at peptides but not actual clinic stuff. Couldn't find anything in Adelaide on my quick search

BPC157 seems to be what I need but buying online (and then injecting it) is a bit too trusting for my jaded mind to take on haha.

A) no guarantees you're actually getting that or any quality control included
B) if no quality control, whats actually in it
C) injecting yourself pretty hardcore imo

Fractured my thumb which never healed properly plus some dicky achiles and elbow issues sound perfect for that peptide but just can't follow through on doing it...
Yeh honestly the injection angle is the bit that sort of freaks me out. I had to do sub dermals (blood thinners) at home for about 4 weeks post achilles surgery and i was not at al a fan.

Yeh honestly the injection angle is the bit that sort of freaks me out. I had to do sub dermals (blood thinners) at home for about 4 weeks post achilles surgery and i was not at al a fan.
Yeah thats one hurdle I could cross IF (big if) it was Dr prescribed and they showed me what to do.

Buying this online could be anything in the vial then youtubing best ways to inject just feels like a bad life choice haha

Still may do it as my thumb is stuffed. But if I do I may as well go the whole hog and add performance enhancers or growth aid shit with it

The Rock still claims to be clean and he looks 100x better now at 50 than he did at 30. The influencer/gym/body building industry is absurd tbh

I dont care if people take stuff though, nothing to do with me.

That skin head Isratel (?) dude that pops up on youtube heaps said he has nightmares, suicidal thoughts and all sorts from the stuff he takes. Tough break to not even look remotely good/normal. **** knows who looks at some of these guys and thinks "yep, that's the goal"

Really? That's a classic, what's the point of pretending anyway, it's fairly obvious.

Really? That's a classic, what's the point of pretending anyway, it's fairly obvious.
It's not that he outright says he's clean but he denies taking steroids...

I guess it isn't that obvious? Like people would go to the gym thinking that's someone attainable? The line has been blurred through social media as to what is possible naturally I think

Yeah thats one hurdle I could cross IF (big if) it was Dr prescribed and they showed me what to do.

Buying this online could be anything in the vial then youtubing best ways to inject just feels like a bad life choice haha

Still may do it as my thumb is stuffed. But if I do I may as well go the whole hog and add performance enhancers or growth aid shit with it
Ive found a website and had it sitting idle for a few months for a telehealth TRT thing. As im getting older the recovery and little niggles are getting harder and harder to push aside to stay active.

Itll happen at some point, i always said id look properly into it at 40 but thats still 2 and a 1/2 years off... i reckon ill cave earlier

I guess it isn't that obvious? Like people would go to the gym thinking that's someone attainable? The line has been blurred through social media as to what is possible naturally I think

That's the problem with it i reckon, you can't strive to look like that and stay natural, I assume anyway.

I don't really understand why guys want to get big like that, one guy at my gym keeps telling me I need to do weights, my response is always "why?"

Last edited:

This has always been my issue with the Hollywood body transformations, they come out and say "Oh just a heap of boiled chicken and steamed rice for 6 straight months". Its the same as Hulk Hogan telling kids to eat their greens and take their vitamins.

If youve trained enough you KNOW this is bullshit. The Rock in particular putting on THAT much lean muscle post 40 is absolute horseshit without doping. Jackman, Reynolds... most of the MCU and DCEU (i dont think Cavill to be fair) and honestly most blokes getting their kit off for a role have doped, its dangerous because of the unrealistic expectations it sets for young men.

That's the problem with it i reckon, you can strive to look like that and stay natural, I assume anyway.

I don't really understand why guys want to get big like that, one guy at my gym keeps telling me I need to do weights, my response is always "why?"
Plenty do want to attain that though, which is just absolutely not something you can not do without gear.

Which leads to body dysmorphia, depression, etc.

I grew up with pictures of body goals in my hardcore gym phases, i have NO doubt its led to a degree of body dysmorphia longer term (my mental health is fine and YES i also had FHM posters) but that whole section of mental health is a real genuine issue for young men now, its argurably worse because of the rise of insta and tik tok and fitness models all pedlling their supps and programs while also chewing every PED under the sun.

Plenty do want to attain that though, which is just absolutely not something you can not do without gear.

Which leads to body dysmorphia, depression, etc.

I grew up with pictures of body goals in my hardcore gym phases, i have NO doubt its led to a degree of body dysmorphia longer term (my mental health is fine and YES i also had FHM posters) but that whole section of mental health is a real genuine issue for young men now, its argurably worse because of the rise of insta and tik tok and fitness models all pedlling their supps and programs while also chewing every PED under the sun.

I meant to say "can't" not "can", I agree with you, and particularly about the social media. We do hear a lot about women being set unrealistic expectations about their appearance by the media and it's true, also true for blokes, particularly of recent times.

Thread might be getting a bit gay (which is fine) but I'd take Luke Rockhold's rig given the choice over the Rock, though he's probably been on PEDs too I guess.

I meant to say "can't" not "can", I agree with you, and particularly about the social media. We do hear a lot about women being set unrealistic expectations about their appearance by the media and it's true, also true for blokes, particularly of recent times.

Thread might be getting a bit gay (which is fine) but I'd take Luke Rockhold's rig given the choice over the Rock, though he's probably been on PEDs too I guess.
Women have probably had the unrealistic body standards for longer and in a more detrimental way but we now have the (very poorly implemented) photoshop rules at a minimum for them.

There is NOTHING for men (or women) who want to gym and look like fitness models or athletes or movie stars.

Its dangerous.

FWIW Agree on Rockhold, also positive he has done stuff (TRT as a minimum)

Doing weights a fair bit now and not looking remotely like the Rock is pissing me off a little haha

Ive found a website and had it sitting idle for a few months for a telehealth TRT thing. As im getting older the recovery and little niggles are getting harder and harder to push aside to stay active.

Itll happen at some point, i always said id look properly into it at 40 but thats still 2 and a 1/2 years off... i reckon ill cave earlier
Can you send me the site?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back