Opinion Is Adams in the Best 21 in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

I say 21 as I am not counting the Sub.

As we already have some Great Mids in:

- Pendles
- Swan
- Blair
- Dwyer
- Ball
- Beams
- Thomas

So he is not exacly a Walk Up to the Side. Has ton of Potential but still has to earn. He is behind Pendles,Swan,Ball and Beams. I say he is about the Same as Thomas,Dwyer and Blair.

So I see him as Border Line Best 21 and I would not Suprise to see him play as a Sub at Times. Though he can give Ball a rest every once in a while as I say Ball body would Struggle to be 100% fit if he played every single game

- Pendles
- Swan
- Blair
- Dwyer
- Ball
- Beams
- Thomas

So he is not exacly a Walk Up to the Side. Has ton of Potential but still has to earn. He is behind Pendles,Swan,Ball and Beams. I say he is about the Same as Thomas,Dwyer and Blair.

So I see him as Border Line Best 21 and I would not Suprise to see him play as a Sub at Times. Though he can give Ball a rest every once in a while as I say Ball body would Struggle to be 100% fit if he played every single game

I reckon Bally might have something to say about that.

Will be in the best 22 easy. He will find football a lot easier with pendles, swanny ect around him compared to playing in a team getting thrashed weekly.

Walk up starting 18, he is light years in front of Dwyer, Thomas and Blair at a younger age.

I agree with Blair and Dwyer but I am not a 100% sure on Thomas had a Massive Game vs Eagles this year where he had 35 Touches. Also had some very sold Games.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-collingwood-magpies--josh-thomas

Well Adams last game was his best having 30 Touches, 3 Marks and a Goal vs GC.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-greater-western-sydney-giants--taylor-adams'

Going by Comparions there numbers are Rather Close. So I see it as a Battle between those 2.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3651&tid2=5&pid2=3376&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Will be in the best 22 easy. He will find football a lot easier with pendles, swanny ect around him compared to playing in a team getting thrashed weekly.

Agree with that bit. With more Mature and Better Mids around him he would not to ask to do as much and Develop in a More Proper way then playing with just Kids like in GWS

The numbers Adams has put up in a inexperienced midfield, in a side that has been spanked by 15 goals most weeks is phenomenal. Throw Dwyer and Blair in that midfield they wouldn't get anywhere near the numbers. Thomas might get them, havn't seen enough of him yet. Put Adams in a well oil'd machine like our midfield and he is easily ahead of Dwyer, Blair and I would say Thomas at this time (although I am a huge fan of what Josh was doing in the last couple of rounds im hesitant to say that). I would say he slots into our best 21 easily. Especially If sidey moved to the half back which I hope he does.

The numbers Adams has put up in a inexperienced midfield, in a side that has been spanked by 15 goals most weeks is phenomenal. Throw Dwyer and Blair in that midfield they wouldn't get anywhere near the numbers. Thomas might get them, havn't seen enough of him yet. Put Adams in a well oil'd machine like our midfield and he is easily ahead of Dwyer, Blair and I would say Thomas at this time (although I am a huge fan of what Josh was doing in the last couple of rounds im hesitant to say that). I would say he slots into our best 21 easily. Especially If sidey moved to the half back which I hope he does.

Agree getting Sidebottom away from the Midfield might be a Great Idea.

Could play Forward as he seems to read the ball well and just get in the Right Place and can Kick a Few.

He played as a HBF in his TAC Cup year in the Finals before the GF where he kicked the 10 Goals. He said he won a Game for the Bushies off the HalfBack Line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Pendles
- Swan
- Blair
- Dwyer
- Ball
- Beams
- Thomas

Coming in from GWS it is hard to assess. Looks the goods and from far better judges of talent than me is rated highly. However he will have fierce pressure for a spot in the best 21 that he never had in Sydney, and I would think he may well play a couple of games in the magood or starting as a sub so he gets the message that being highly rated will never gurantee you a game with the PIES.

Really hope he becomes best 21 :)

I agree with Blair and Dwyer but I am not a 100% sure on Thomas had a Massive Game vs Eagles this year where he had 35 Touches. Also had some very sold Games.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-collingwood-magpies--josh-thomas

Well Adams last game was his best having 30 Touches, 3 Marks and a Goal vs GC.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-greater-western-sydney-giants--taylor-adams'

Going by Comparions there numbers are Rather Close. So I see it as a Battle between those 2.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3651&tid2=5&pid2=3376&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Adams is younger though and will improve a lot more, plus he was playing in a team that lost by 100 points, if he was playing for collingwood he would of gotten plenty more goals and easy possessions.

Adams is easily ahead of JT blair ect in a development year

Would be in our best side but over the course of the season with a good injury list could find himself in the reserves for a game or two or just given a rest. He's still a developing player and he'll have his ups and downs, and if we're going really well one of those down could see him get a confidence boosting opportunity at a lower level. I can't agree that he's comfortably best 18 or light years ahead of our other boys, but in a couple of years I can see him being one of the first guys picked every week.

want be a sub. Is not the type of player who is suited to being a sub and i say he is also to good for it.

Agree he has not got the Explosiveness to be a Sub.

Will free guys like Beams and Pendles to play more outside. Should also be a great help to Ball doing the dirty work.

Should definitely be first 22.

Very Interesting way to put it by Getting Adams would Release Beams and Pendles to do more outside stuff and be more Damaging that way

Absolute certainty to be a best 18 player, let alone 21-22.

It was the good thing about the trade, that although we were losing a clear best 22 player in Shaw we were at least replacing him with another best 22 player, all be it another position.

He is a nice kick for goal too so I can see him resting forward at times but he will be a major part of our midfield rotation for a long time now.

Coming in from GWS it is hard to assess. Looks the goods and from far better judges of talent than me is rated highly. However he will have fierce pressure for a spot in the best 21 that he never had in Sydney, and I would think he may well play a couple of games in the magood or starting as a sub so he gets the message that being highly rated will never gurantee you a game with the PIES.

Really hope he becomes best 21 :)

Well when Caddy went to the Cats. He Started in the Side but during the year he did play a Few games in the ends. There be a Chance Adams might get a Few Games in the 2nds as well

Absolute certainty to be a best 18 player, let alone 21-22.

It was the good thing about the trade, that although we were losing a clear best 22 player in Shaw we were at least replacing him with another best 22 player, all be it another position.

He is a nice kick for goal too so I can see him resting forward at times but he will be a major part of our midfield rotation for a long time now.

Agree, In the Highlights I have seen his Goal Kicking was very Good and Set Shots where great. We have Struggled with those Set-Shots:thumbsu:

- Pendles
- Swan
- Blair
- Dwyer
- Ball
- Beams
- Thomas

Not only is he a walk up start, it's silly to suggest otherwise.

(Injury & pre-season dependent of course)

Caddy was in the reserves because that's where he belongs.

Got sent back to learn "the Geelong way", will be a very solid player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Adams in the Best 21 in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back