Opinion Is Adams in the Best 21 in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got sent back to learn "the Geelong way", will be a very solid player.

Did you watch him play this year? Unless he can get 40 disposals and 20 clearances a game he is useless. I would best describe him as a terrible version of Brad Sewell, as that one dimensional inside mid.

Did you watch him play this year? Unless he can get 40 disposals and 20 clearances a game he is useless. I would best describe him as a terrible version of Brad Sewell, as that one dimensional inside mid.

I said solid. He's 20 & needs to work on his game. Are you sure you're not devaluing him because he was such a high draft pick & because the Cats over payed for him?

I think Adams is definitely best 22,I am not so sure that it will be in Josh,s place though because Taylor has actually played more senior football than him.I also do not think JT was done too many favours by our midfield last season and I think we can play both boys in the team.

He is 21. I haven't devalued him at all, he is overrated and shouldn't even be compared to Adams.

Ok fair enough, I had forgotten this thread was about Adams. I wasn't comparing him to Adams, think he will be solid but should have a Brock McLean type career at the least possibly better.

Adams is a bull, he is exactly what we need as the Luke Ball replacement, without the OP.

I don't see why we can't fit those mentioned in the OP + Adams in the one team. Dwyer can play off a flank, have a mid rotating off the bench and then you have the five straight off. Not hard to fit them all in.

In answer to the question, yes easily in the best 21.

I'm actually more concerned about whether Adams can get used to winning more than a couple of games a year. I can picture him going nuts after a win and everyone staring at him awkwardly.

defs best 21 IMO. will be interesting to see how we structure the team.. i wouldnt mind seeing steele play a hbf, blair forward pocket and throw adams in the midfield.. suddenly we have a very deep middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say 21 as I am not counting the Sub.

As we already have some Great Mids in:

- Pendles
- Swan
- Blair
- Dwyer
- Ball
- Beams
- Thomas

So he is not exacly a Walk Up to the Side. Has ton of Potential but still has to earn. He is behind Pendles,Swan,Ball and Beams. I say he is about the Same as Thomas,Dwyer and Blair.

So I see him as Border Line Best 21 and I would not Suprise to see him play as a Sub at Times. Though he can give Ball a rest every once in a while as I say Ball body would Struggle to be 100% fit if he played every single game

Blair is not a great mid TD, please settle my Man, he is a scrapper midget who`s tackles rarely stick.
I admire his tenacious nature but he is as near to a great mid as i am to being a katoi

I'm actually more concerned about whether Adams can get used to winning more than a couple of games a year. I can picture him going nuts after a win and everyone staring at him awkwardly.

I remember watching Geelong winning early in the year and Rivers was really pumped up, and all the Geelong players were walking off like it was half time!

Going back to Caddy, I think one of his issues at the start of the year was playing the team game. He tried doing things himself which isn't how Geelong play (the type of player who has tickets on himself but no runs on the board).

I'd think so.

The beauty is we will have a plethora of quality young boys pushing for spots and senior guys are now on full notice that they can be moved on at any time if performance or attitude drops.

Just look at Grundy and a few of the other young boys who were in the gym training just days after our season finished preparing for next season.

i think he will take a few games to adjust and after that his attitude and 3 years in the system will have him at a minimum on a half forward-mid rotation. i feel dwyer may be the unlucky one destined for depth. i think thomas will come on more, maybe not heaps more but should be a walk up start by the end of next season. blairs on field attitude is worth a lot, hes irreplaceable in the example he sets in the forward line

Yeah.... Every single shot on goal in that highlight clip went through for a goal....

Funny that...

Well that is True.

Intresting this I noticed in his U-18 Game at Ethihad Stadium in the 1st QTR the Vic Country kicked 1-6 and Adams kicked the Only Goal

A great side fills it's flanks and pockets with players capable of playing through the midfield. It is the one player type that you almost can't have too many of.

Here is my best side, and this is how you slip them all in there;

B: M.Williams, N.Brown, A.Toovey
HB: H.OBrien, L.Keefe, C.Young
C: J.Thomas, L.Ball, D.Beams
HF: S.Sidebottom, T.Cloke, T.Adams
F: J.White, B.Reid, J.Elliott

R: B.Grundy, S.Pendlebury, D.Swan
I: B.MacAffer, J.Blair, N.Maxwell, S.Dwyer

E: A.Fasolo J.Witts, B.Sinclair, T.Goldsack

Reserves look like this;

B: P.Yagmoor, J.Frost, A.Oxley
HB: J.Ramsey, C.Gault, B.Sinclair
C: P.Seedsman, K.Martin, C.Mooney
HF: M.Clarke, Q.Lynch, T.Goldsack
F: A.Fasolo, B.Hudson, T.Broomhead

R: J.Witts, P.Karnezis, B.Kennedy
I: Marcus Bontempelli, Matt Scharenberg, Dayle Garlett, Jake Kelly
E: Elijah Edwards, Darcy Moore

Can't see J.Thomas being bumped for Adams. From what I've read/seen the club has very high expectations of JT, and if his rapid development in the second half of this season is anything to go by their faith is not misplaced. However I'd say Blair, Dwyer, and maybe even MacAffer have reason to be nervous.

I actually would not mind seeing Adams tried in the back pocket. He uses the ball quite well something we will likely lack there this year, is quite quick and a good tackler. In time I am sure he will take Ball's spot but could add to the team in that possie as Gavin Brown first did when he started with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Adams in the Best 21 in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back