Is anyone training the house down at Glenferrie?

Remove this Banner Ad

chicky17

Rookie
Oct 3, 2001
Just wondering if there are any players that are doing especially well at preseason training? Will there be a few surprise packets for the Hawks this year? not just draftees, but improvement in players that have been around for a while?

danny jaccobs believe it or not is reported to be having a fine pre-season thus far which can only be good. Has worn the best trainer on a fair few occasions now. sounds more structured than last year training as a whole so far.

cschreuder61 said:
danny jaccobs believe it or not is reported to be having a fine pre-season thus far which can only be good. Has worn the best trainer on a fair few occasions now. sounds more structured than last year training as a whole so far.

As bad as he was last year, he is training very well. Possibly because he knows Clarkson will not put up with any of his rubbish.

They all trained well with the 2 girls sunbaking out on the ground while training was on a spur on or turn on for Croad and Outback Jack Dixon.
Have they lost some weight these guys: Ball, Lonie, Everitt and Hay 10kilos. Todd Viney as well has trimmed right down

cschreuder61 said:
Good to hear. I like Danny Jacobs and think he will be a good asset for the Hawks in the future. He was average after he came back from injury this year but I was always a big wrap for him at Essendon and I think he has alot to offer.

OneEyedHawk said:
Good to hear. I like Danny Jacobs and think he will be a good asset for the Hawks in the future. He was average after he came back from injury this year but I was always a big wrap for him at Essendon and I think he has alot to offer.
I wouldn't write him off either. Remember he had a very interupted pre season, followed by some injury. He will improve on 2004 I think.

Honestly think if Hay Jacobs Smith all stay fit our backline will be right up there this season with the best, add Beaumont, Osborne, Hodge, Croad. Brown, etc we have a good mix of players. I think our backline has to be strong cause we aren't going to win many shootouts with our forward setup from observing last year.

Despite the year Jacobs had last year he was really good at essendon and I think he'll be the most improved at Hawks this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone training the house down at Glenferrie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back