FTA-TV Is Breaking Bad the greatest show of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Season just gone by has moved it ahead of Deadwood for myself. As far as my list of best dramas go, that I have seen all of, that puts it into no. 3. Should go past the Sopranos when all is said and done.

Tier 1: The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Deadwood
Tier 2: Mad Men, The Shield, Friday Night Lights, Louie, Six Feet Under, Lost (excluding S6)

Haven't included anything that'd aired only the one season like Thrones, and Freaks and Geeks, but if I did they would both be on there.

And I know that Louie isn't technically a drama, it's has the same mixture of comedy and drama that BB had in it's first season and a bit so I've put it in there. And fwiw last season of Louie was the best season of anything on television for 2011.

BB isnt there yet. We'll see how S5 goes, but it definitely has the makings to be right up the top of the tree with Sopranos and The Wire.

It's very good, but still not quite as good as the best of the best (The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood). Not to mention 'The Wire', which I haven't watched properly yet, but has universal critical acclaim.

Yeah agreed, I've thought for a while I'll need to see how good the last season is before comparing it to some of the greats mentioned already. Few like The Shield and Oz you probably could have mentioned too.

OP saying best show after LOST though :confused: What are you ten?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are these shows really that good.................or have we just had our intelligence insulted by the makers of television serials for the last 20 years?

I think it's a bit of both.

If you don't acknowledge Seinfeld as a great show I'd start to worry about your intelligence.

I was commenting in general.

There's been a hell of a lot of dung passed off as television entertainment in the past few decades.

Pay TV has brought a more demanding and discerning viewer. The television producers have had to move with the times or perish beneath a sea of reruns.

I still find it funnier then Seinfeld. Could never understnad the Seinfeld love, it just doesnt make laugh. I find Curb your enthusiasm and even Louie to being superior, but hey what do I know.

Seinfeld is "alright".

Curb Your Enthusiasm is Seinfeld with balls.

Again, because it isn't designed to cater to sickly sweet free to air television.

I haven't seen an episode as of yet, but I've heard it is amazing. I'll start to download them pretty soon. My two favorite shows are Supernatural and Sons of Anarchy, where does it stand in comparison to those shows mentioned?

I haven't seen Supernatural, but IMO, it's miles ahead of SOA.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Is Breaking Bad the greatest show of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back