Is every others teams supporters hatred of Eddie McGuire justified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Torchy

Debutant
Jul 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems to me that all the hate that goes Eddies way is just another case of tall poppie syndrome. Can someone enlighten me on why he is disliked so much?

He might be disliked (I'm not one of them) but I reckon a lot of other club's supporters would like him batting for their team.

Good on him, he's had a go and done very well for himself. There's a lot to like about him.

I think the hatred has waned in recent times.

Agreed, it was just when he was "everwhere Eddie" that pi$$ed me off the most.
But there is still the way he seems to have contempt for every other club and that the colliewobbles are "special" because they draw a crowd

its a collingwood thing. brayshaw's promotion and defence of north melbourne has been far more gratuitious but nobody really feels passionate enough to take him to task about it*. mcguire just had to hiccup a collingwood reference and it'd be on like cats and dogs.

*except caro fighting a one-woman war

I think everyone would like an Eddie McGuire in charge of their club. He loves his club and isn't afraid of using everything at his disposal to get the best for his club.

However, when he was all over the TV, all the time, and stepping on any other club to get the best for Collingwood, with the AFL pretty much letting him make decisions for them, it got a bit annoying.

Agreed, it was just when he was "everwhere Eddie" that pi$$ed me off the most.
But there is still the way he seems to have contempt for every other club and that the colliewobbles are "special" because they draw a crowd

See, i dont see the contempt. obviously he wants the best for collingwood, but he is always in there when other clubs need asistance.

It seems to me that all the hate that goes Eddies way is just another case of tall poppie syndrome. Can someone enlighten me on why he is disliked so much?

He's just a disgusting human being. His 5 chins disgust me, the way his head wobbles disgusts me, his voice disgusts me, his face disgusts me. I'd hate him regardless of the position he held. He reminds me of Hutchy.... just a low down, rancid, festering piece of crap in a suit. Becoming the president of the Collingwood football club probably wasn't the best way to make up for all those shortcomings.

Having said all that, he's a very good president and Collingwood are lucky to have someone like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was over publicised, tried to take over the world & failed, now that megalomaniacal Eddie has gone and the Eddie that got him to the top is back everyone is happy.

I enjoy listening to him On SEN's friday night pre-game show

not seeing a lot of hate here

I actually don't mind him and like his spot on SEN on a Thursday morning.

One thing I do cringe at is the earnest way he sort of refers to Collingwood in the third person

eg: At Collingwood we do this, At Collingwood we don't do that etc etc.

Collingwood is just a football club - not the United Nations.

Yes, Eddie has yet to learn the art of deflection, he bites like a barracuda to any suggestion of incompetence and inpropriety. He turns red and blusters away and all his critics rejoice.

He really should learn the art of S'ingTFU and not comment and go about his business.

Actions speak louder than words, but Eddie is addicted to being louder than his actions.

Eddie's good value, hates a word for evil and bad people, Eddie is neither.
Just like any opposition supporter I like to see the "Collywobbles" around september, that's all.

he was a horribly biased commentater listen to him in the mal micheal-nick riewoldt incident seeing it was brisbane he made it sound like they broke his leg
that is the main reason people hate him

according to him the only reason brisbane beat them in consecutive grand finals is because of their salary cap advantage not because brisbane smashed them

thats exactly the same with most collingwood people some of them are still going on about it now

so inbred they cant think of anything else to say

Remove this Banner Ad

Is every others teams supporters hatred of Eddie McGuire justified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back