Is Geelong the boss character of AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

It gives me know pleasure to admit this, but I think Geelong has turned into the final challenge that premiers must overcome (and do).

In gaming, that's a "boss" character.

As a GFC fan, is that where we are at?

If Geelong was a video game boss they'd be like Margit from Elden Ring. Gives off a tough aura.... but ultimately gets beaten pretty easily (art imitating life - Geelong in every finals series since 2012 :p).

If Geelong was a video game boss they'd be like Margit from Elden Ring. Gives off a tough aura.... but ultimately gets beaten pretty easily (art imitating life - Geelong in every finals series since 2012 :p).
Ralph, ladder update please.
Rude not to answer questions from hours ago ;)

Fair play to Geelong either way. They win footy games much to my displeasure, and I've been predicting their drop off for at least 8 years

Owning an entire town with a ground in the middle of it, makes me pretty jealous. Just feels like a more real footy club than sharing a home ground on the other side of town

This is a weird thread, the final boss is whoever you play in the GF. The cats are like Nemesis in the Resident Evil games, always show up at the most annoying times but they’ll always choke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Amazing how much has changed after Hocking left the AFL and moved back to Geelong.

Maybe every club should have a former player spend a few years controlling the AFL's books.
And then you have Brad ascott, who complains about how there's no clarity/consistency with the MRP when the current iteration is his ****ing system...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always had us pegged as more the protagonist. Everything invariably ends up revolving around us one way or another. The main character of the AFL, if you will.
So we're the Manchester United of the AFL.

Hated, Adored but never ignored.

Nah if anything, Geelong is that tyrant or Mr X from resident evil 2 (remake)

The Big Balded dude with the Green trench coat stomping around the hall way? Yeah that's Geelong

Has anyone bothered to ask Phatboy to give them their opinion?

Geelong, with its unique home ground advantage and access to the GF venue is another of the AFL's levers.
Pretty much guaranteed to claim a top 8 spot for the Vic collective and good enough to make/win GF's in weak years.

Basically it means the other 17 clubs play for 7 finals spots.

Geelong, with its unique home ground advantage and access to the GF venue is another of the AFL's levers.
Pretty much guaranteed to claim a top 8 spot for the Vic collective and good enough to make/win GF's in weak years.

Tell us how much 119 still hurts you LOL

Hope you’re ok

Their record at home wasn't that good this year, so that puts a pin in your argument.

They're a very well run club with a cheat code for recruiting nobodies to turn into role players. The top 4 finish this year is absurd considering their list.

They could very well pinch it this year given how weak/even the comp is, but to keep contending I think they need to find more A-graders from somewhere. They'll probably pinch them from somewhere though.

Reading the thread title, I thought it may have been confirmation that Laura Kane is actually Gary Hocking in a wig.

How disappointed I was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Geelong the boss character of AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back