FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else hear him say " SHIT " when Freo turned it over in the 1st qtr ??

So it wasn't just me then.

We could have another drinking game relating to his constant use of the term 'workrate'. :D But I don't think there would be many survivors.

He's at it again a few minutes ago (Port vs Sydney) claiming a tackle by Kieran Jack was excessive and "the sort of thing the AFL is trying to stamp out".

There was nothing wrong with the tackle and Liam Pickering told him so.

loved when he was talking about port's method of play in trying to score a goal:

"they're just hoping...rather than wanting"

he gets caught with his pants down tooooo many times mid-sentence.

think about what you want to say, before you say it, jako.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"He's kicked it"
"He's got it"

Every single goal, always cuts off the other commentators to get these pearls of wisdom in. :D

Another favourite:
"What that is...is....ahh.... Workrate. .....They're just......working harder (insert team name)...ah..... at the moment."

And tonight I reckon every time Motlop was within 10 metres of the ball he got a mention from Jako.

"Thats Daniel Motlop........you get the....good and the bad with motlop......thats just ah....he's just a ......mercurial player but err....you can also get the umm...the bad stuff... we just see the 100 metre penalty there....you just cant do that.......but that's Motlop...."

Rinse and repeat.

"Motlop I think is at the crossroads of his career......I just dont think....err.....Port can afford to have....err.. someone like that in their side at the moment."
5 minutes later after a good bit of play from Motlop....
"Yep....that's what you get with Motlop.....he's just so important for...err ...Port."
Pickering: "Hang on, I thought you were giving him the chop a minute ago, writing him off."
Jako: "Ahhh.....no....no....I'm not writing him off....I just ahhh...Look, you get the good and the bad with Daniel...........blah blah blah"

Always good for a laugh :D

Last nights combo of Jacko, Pickers & Matty Campbell was the worst set-up in history. The game was hard enough to watch, let alone listen to these three monkeys!!

Last night was some of Jako's finest work Pickers has a replay of something cued up just starts to say his point when in comes Jako right over the top talking about something completly different for 2mins

Again, Jako, "at the minute" is not a real expression. You've made it up and now your hopeless command of the English language has spread throughout the AFL and now everyone uses it.

Another good moment was when Pickering wanted to ask what Matty Campbell thought of a certain bit of play (can't remember what it was anymore). Jako had already wasted about 40 long winded seconds explaining (poorly) what he thought:

Pickering: "What did you think of that Matty?"

Jako: "WELL I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT..."

And on he went for another 20 seconds. He is an out and out deadshit.

And he helps pick the AA side.

From the man who coined the phrases, Kicked It, and Missed It, comes:

Marked it.

"Ross Lyon would be very happy with this start because they've curlytailed any Fremantle scores."

sir+oinksalot.jpg

Tim Gosage would have to give Jacko a run for his money at the moment. Listening to his call, you would think that West Coast are playing themselves. During the qtr time stats, he mentioned that Murphy was the best on ground for the game but never heard that dimwit mention his name once.

ROFL before the game when he stated that Nic Natanui is a star. Matt Granland and Ben Allan just paused there for an awkward moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back